• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTL is REALLY good. Every game will hit 75% off at some point, but I'm really glad I decided to buy it when it came out. This game is worth all your moneys.
If the game had a demo, everybody would've bought it already. It's digital crack.

ithorien

FTL is REALLY good. Every game will hit 75% off at some point, but I'm really glad I decided to buy it when it came out. This game is worth all your moneys.
If the game had a demo, everybody would've bought it already. It's digital crack.

I call shenanigans. Has Square Enix ever had a game at 75% off? I don't recall.

Yes, it does. It will now ask you when you install a game to choose a location, a feature that should have been available ages ago
Thanks for the heads up. As i see, is not individual installation, all steam games go to 1 folder. But now, we can chose the drive.

PaulLFC

I might be late on this: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 was added to the registry today
Awesome. I already own it, but hopefully it signifies a change in attitude towards Steam at Konami/PES productions, and means that 2014 will launch on Steam.

I guess I have to decide soon whether to buy the Stronghold Collection or not. I definitely want the collection of the first few games, which are around £3.50. I heard some bad things about Stronghold 3, but now it's the "Gold edition" and presumably improved, is it at least worth £4?

I have 3 games to give:

The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Closure
Indie Game: The Movie

Anyone wants any just quote me with what you want. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe now someone in Argentina will be able not to pirate the game that makes for 70% of the games market here (really) woot

Why is the Darkness 2 steam price £59.99 for both the normal edition and the 4-pack? I was wondering cause I got a copy from amazon and was going to recommend it to a friend so I could play Co-Op with him.

Nabs

Indie Pack - Winter Sale 2012

Audiosurf, Trine 2, Super Meat Boy, Krater, Limbo, Amnesia, Dungeon Defenders, Terraria, Bastion, SPAZ, Death Rally, Cave Story+, Orcs Must Die! 2, Dear Esther, Awesomenauts, Bit.Trip Core, To the Moon, Legend of Grimrock, Ys Origin, Symphony, Lone Survivor, Spirits, Deponia, Tower Wars, Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, Towns, Thirty Flights of Loving....

Damn. That's a fucking lot.

Why is the Darkness 2 steam price £59.99 for both the normal edition and the 4-pack? I was wondering cause I got a copy from amazon and was going to recommend it to a friend so I could play Co-Op with him.

Wait for Amazon to drop it again. Co-Op is really fun and adds a lot to the game.

It's $29.99 / $89.99 here.

Indie Pack - Winter Sale 2012

Audiosurf, Trine 2, Super Meat Boy, Krater, Limbo, Amnesia, Dungeon Defenders, Terraria, Bastion, SPAZ, Death Rally, Cave Story+, Orcs Must Die! 2, Dear Esther, Awesomenauts, Bit.Trip Core, To the Moon, Legend of Grimrock, Ys Origin, Symphony, Lone Survivor, Spirits, Deponia, Tower Wars, Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, Towns, Thirty Flights of Loving....

Damn. That's a fucking lot.

If you don't get extras for the ones you already own this will be pretty pointless.
I own everything except for like 3 games
Yeah this. Missing Awesomenauts (meh), Deponia, and Towns.

Wait for Amazon to drop it again. Co-Op is really fun and adds a lot to the game.

It's $29.99 / $89.99 here.

Will do, cheers!

On that note, what are the best Co-Op games on steam? I bet there is a lot haha. My friend is getting a gaming PC for the first time over the holidays and we both love playing Co-Op.

So, ehh, did they improve their servers?
ibpn4ReCx9sjC6.png

Nabs

Will do, cheers!

On that note, what are the best Co-Op games on steam? I bet there is a lot haha. My friend is getting a gaming PC for the first time over the holidays and we both love playing Co-Op.

Some from my co-op category:

Saints Row 3
Dead Rising 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Portal 2
Titan Quest

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Containment seems kinda neat, worth the $1.69 at least. Match 3 and zombie-themed games are a dime a dozen, but the two have never been combined before. It's plays decent enough, if the later levels require more usage of the brain it could be above average for the genre. I'd rather play it on my phone though, match 3 games are best as time killers when waiting in line, driving, or pooping.

But yeah, Steam sale. I need to touch up my wishlist tonight.

Some from my co-op category:

Saints Row 3
Dead Rising 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Portal 2
Titan Quest

Cheers! I know he has Saints Row 3 from the THQ bundle as well as Titan Quest. I also think my friend is gifting him Portal so that is great. Will Dead Rising be cheap in the sale?

Nabs

Cheers! I know he has Saints Row 3 from the THQ bundle as well as Titan Quest. I also think my friend is gifting him Portal so that is great. Will Dead Rising be cheap in the sale?

It's already 50% off, so I'm pretty sure we'll see it during a Flash Sale at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom