• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid

Is it likely that FTL will be as cheap or cheaper than the gog.com sale ($5)? I think the deal ends in a few hours and was considering getting it from gog... but the steam sale is so close! And I'm not sure whether I prefer having the drm-free gog version, or the convenience of having it in steam...

Is it likely that FTL will be as cheap or cheaper than the gog.com sale ($5)? I think the deal ends in a few hours and was considering getting it from gog... but the steam sale is so close! And I'm not sure whether I prefer having the drm-free gog version, or the convenience of having it in steam...

You get a Steam key AND a DRM free version if you buy here:
http://www.ftlgame.com/ $4.99

No matter where you do it, buy this game. Now.

Xanathus

There's a high chance that FTL will be added to the current humble bundle if you purchase it now (no need to beat the average).

wazoo

I think Capcom leaked the starting date of the steam sale since they were saying how active they would be this time (we should expect to see just about every game they have on steam discounted). :p

Capcom was 50% for most of its games this summer. 75% is the exception.

wazoo

I missed the 75% on codemaster racing games last time, I will bite it this christmas.

my wishlist (except Assassin Creed 3) is mostly A/AA games that I may or not buy.

Capcom was 50% for most of its games this summer. 75% is the exception.

Even at 50% I'll pick up Resident Evil 5 and at least one of the Dead Rising games. They let me down during the autumn sales, it's time for Capcom to make it up to me. Still, 75% is the only way I'll bite when they finally release Resident Evil 6, that's the only way I'm going to bite on that trainwreck of a game.

wazoo

Even at 50% I'll pick up Resident Evil 5 and at least one of the Dead Rising games. They let me down during the autumn sales, it's time for Capcom to make it up to me. Still, 75% is the only way I'll bite when they finally release Resident Evil 6, that's the only way I'm going to bite on that trainwreck of a game.

75% on DMC4, I will buy. I skipped 75% on it on gamersgate last month to have it on steam.

The Steam sale is expected to start at 10am PST (GMT -0800) on 20th December 2012.
tumblr_m0x4xgz7yA1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Tomodachi

I'm thinking about putting my whole sale budget (50€) on the steam wallet (never used it before) to avoid any temptation of going overboard. Yay or nay?

I'm thinking about putting my whole sale budget (50€) on the steam wallet (never used it before) to avoid any temptation of going overboard. Yay or nay?

Yay. That way you also can avoid your CC or PayPal acting funny when you do a lot of small transaction in a short period of time. There are always sad stories of peoples CCs getting blocked for fraud detection on a weekend or something. I already put 50€ in there.

Madouu

2.49€/£2.49, no idea about $ price though. Registers/activates on Steam! Anyway, it's so cheap that most people probably have enough blue coins to get it for free. Add "IAMANELDERGEEK" for extra 5% off.

$4.99 if anyone is wondering about this.

Do you think I should blow all my money on the 20th anticipating the end of the world? Or do you think Steam will still work after the world has ended?

pelican

Do you think I should blow all my money on the 20th anticipating the end of the world? Or do you think Steam will still work after the world has ended?

I'm sure Valve has a grand plan to save the pc master race. We shall repopulate the world, with the models that Valve will also save for us;p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What are the chances of Mark of the Ninja going on sale?
Almost every single game will be on sale during the winter sale, so the real question here is will it be a daily deal. I think the odds are pretty good.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys... where's the sale? It's the 20th...

I don't like how we haven't heard anything

=/

Insanely good price on Fallout 3 GOTY at Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-F3GOTYE/fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition

2.49€/£2.49, no idea about $ price though. Registers/activates on Steam! Anyway, it's so cheap that most people probably have enough blue coins to get it for free. Add "IAMANELDERGEEK" for extra 5% off.

Thank you for the tip. Just picked it up now, it's an insanely good price, so thanks for sharing. Now, if only New Vegas got a similar discount.

Morokh

There will be no sale, and as the Mayan foretold it will mark the end of an era.

Who am I kidding !!! My wallet is more than ready, and so is my new rig !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom