• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys... where's the sale? It's the 20th...

I don't like how we haven't heard anything

=/

Hold your wallet in the air. You feel that slight vibration? it's detecting the coming storm. As the hours pass, those vibrations will become more violent, until your wallet becomes uncontrollable, you won't be able to keep hold of it, and money will fly out, straight into Gabe's mouth. Or something like that, anyway.

0_azh_ffffff.png

Tizoc

So until the Seal begins...
1- Gonna play some PS3
2- Hit the gym
3- Go look for a new laptop+router+bridge
4- Get back in time to kill my wallet

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
1- Gonna play some PS3
2- Hit the gym
5) Lawyer up
6) Delete the Facebook.
7) Burn reddit to the fucking ground.

derExperte

1- Gonna play some PS3
2- Hit the gym

Gonna do exactly the same. Apart from part 2 and 3, that shit's too exhausting, need my strengh for the sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Crap. I may not be home.

I hope we get something different. Having the same games on sale every time kinda sucks. It'll still be fun though.
I'm not sure how you fix that problem. They can only put the games they sell on sale.

neoemonk

Steam code for Binding of Isaac and DLC...already have these and just got the Humble Indie Bundle

First PM gets it. I'll check back in a few.

Addnan

This sale is going to be messy for me. I already bought everything that I want to kinda play. Now I am just going to buy stuff that looks okay, so I want it in my library :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Less than 10 hours til it starts, they just want to blow your mind when it begins by not telling you anything beforehand.
Not having a winter sale would blow our minds even harder. Not that I'd want it, though my wallet does.

vareon

Guys, if a game is unavailable in my region, can someone from another region buy and gift it to me? Or will the DRM checks the region?

Can u elaborate please? Sf4 for example isnt avail le in my region if someone gifts it to me u can still play it?

Yup. AUS and German GAF do it a fair bit, usually asking US/UK GAF to buy and gift after sending funds via PayPal. Don't believe anyone has ever been banned, or had the game removed from their account.

Retne

Since it sounds like capcom is actually planning on putting some games on sale for once I'm curious. If I were to pick up a Devil May Cry game which should it be? I didn't really pay much attention to the series after 2 and I don't even know if 3 or 4 are worth picking up but I'm in the mood for that style of game.

So which one is the better of the two GAF and should I even bother buying either of them?

Deques

Can u elaborate please? Sf4 for example isnt avail le in my region if someone gifts it to me, can i still run it on steam and play it?

Is gfwl available in your country. If I recall correctly countries that dont have gfwl cant play gfwl games.

Check this list if your country is listed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFWL#Availability

You can probably be gifted and redeem in your library, but if you live outside gfwl area you wont be able to play it

Any UK 360 gamers here? I've got a code for some points (400 I think, but not 100% sure) and since I don't use my 360 anymore, they're useless to me . They're region locked, so I don't know if that extends beyond the UK to Europe, anyhow if anyone here wants them send me a pm.

EDIT: Taken

maesterxen

Neo Member
Bah, I want to be up when the sale starts but I unfortunately have to work all day tomorrow and it is already midnight :/ At least working will get me more money to blow on games :D

Enco

I'm not sure how you fix that problem. They can only put the games they sell on sale.
Yea there's not much you can do really. Cycle the front page more? We always get SR3, The Witcher and other games that repeat constantly. It'll still be the same game on sale though.

PaulLFC

Should I just buy the first few Stronghold games (£3.50) or pay the extra £4 for Stronghold 3 Gold? Is Gold improved much from the base game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom