• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
lemme know if you were working on something/wanted to add something

i'll pretty much make it as always, non-intrusive with no gifs or slow-loading images and such, just simple and serviceable. Every thread is pretty much the same beyond a different header and whatever specific event pops up for that specific sale. So far so good id say :b

No nothing to add. I hadnt even thought about the OT until just now.

You could add the gaf list of gifters and what regions they can help with.

Lint21

Neo Member
Anyone have any comments on this Containment: The Zombie Puzzler?

Got it in a bundle a while ago I think. Tried it tonight for the first time after reading (I think in this thread) that it was basically a match-3.

I played for about 15 minutes, didn't like what I saw - I actually alt-f4'd it to make it stop. It was kind of higher-stress than most match-3 games because the zombies take over your tiles. The basic mechanics seemed counter-intuitive as well.

I'd recommend it if you're mildly interested, but at a lower price. I'm also looking forward to what the development studio does next because this feels like a learning or warm-up game.

kitzkozan

I think Capcom leaked the starting date of the steam sale since they were saying how active they would be this time (we should expect to see just about every game they have on steam discounted). :p

I have just about every game I wanted for the time being outside of stuff like KOTOR 1 & 2, Morrowind and Oblivion and I want the best version of the orange box. :) Perhaps I will also get the Divinity anthology + Shogun 2: Fall of the samurai depending on the price.

zkylon

zkylewd
That heartbreaking moment when you see your friends-named crew blow up in FTL... thanks GAF

iqDlM56f2yLBp.png

huh

I hope they don't do those stupid fucking timed deals again. They are often rehashes of daily deals, but I still missed out on a couple because of my messed up sleep cycle.

Jzero

I hope they don't do those stupid fucking timed deals again. They are often rehashes of daily deals, but I still missed out on a couple because of my messed up sleep cycle.
The only solution is not to sleep. Good think i'm broke this year so i don't have to worry about waking up early.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

I'm sure they will. But the sale will be, what, two weeks? I have a feeling those flash deals will recycle like crazy.

Foffy

Banned
I have a question, dooders. I'm not sure if it's been addressed and I missed it, but I want to use custom banners for a few games I have for Steam. How exactly do I go about that? I have some banners, but I've no idea on how to apply them.

I love how complaints about Steam always sound like Lisa asking about Mr Burns' mayoral campaign.

"Steam your sales have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Jzero

I have a question, dooders. I'm not sure if it's been addressed and I missed it, but I want to use custom banners for a few games I have for Steam. How exactly do I go about that? I have some banners, but I've no idea on how to apply them.
Right click them then set custom image.

Jzero

What exactly do I right click? Nothing works in Big Picture mode, and there's no option to select a custom image on the traditional Steam overlay. Do I have to enable it?
I don't think you can do it from big picture mode. You are supposed to right click the tile in the normal mode.

Foffy

Banned
I don't think you can do it from big picture mode. You are supposed to right click the tile in the normal mode.

The only thing I can grasp is changing the game icon in normal mode. If I change it to a banner, would that make it come up as a banner in Big Picture mode? I'm primarily talking about games not through Steam by the way, like for example, Street Fighter X Mega Man.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't work for me..

The only thing I can grasp is changing the game icon in normal mode. If I change it to a banner, would that make it come up as a banner in Big Picture mode? I'm primarily talking about games not through Steam by the way, like for example, Street Fighter X Mega Man.

If you go to the Grid view in non-'Big Picture Mode' Steam, right click on the game tile, and "Set Custom Image" it'll stick between normal and big picture mode. Non-steam games work fine, yeah.

Foffy

Banned
If you go to the Grid view in non-'Big Picture Mode' Steam, right click on the game tile, and "Set Custom Image" it'll stick between normal and big picture mode. Non-steam games work fine, yeah.

THERE WE GO. Thank you, kind sir of sirs. I didn't have it in Grid view.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you guys laughing at Joe? It should be easy for him to stay within his fifty dollar limit since he already has everything.

The worst part about the sale will be seeing all the cheaper prices on the games that you bought previously and haven't even installed yet.
I really planned to play Mark of the Ninja, but then other games happened. :(

Nabs

The worst part about the sale will be seeing all the cheaper prices on the games that you bought previously and haven't even installed yet.
I really planned to play Mark of the Ninja, but then other games happened. :(

The only mistake here is not playing Mark of the Ninja sooner.

Flunkie

Banned
T'was the night before Steamsmas,
And all through the flat,
Not a creature was stirring,
'cept for one loafing cat,
The stockings were hung,
But not as much as me,
And they were all filled with presents,
Though non-digitally,
I was clad in my jammies,
And my wife in her mask,
We were newly unconscious,
After nursing a flask,
When up on the rooftops,
What on earth should I hear?
It was Gabe Newell in costume,
Complete with red suit and beard!
He was tow'ring above us,
With a generous smile,
And in the back of his hovercraft,
He had this year's Gift Pile!
But were we naughty or nice?
Good ol' Gabe didn't care,
If we earned holiday achievements,
We'd all get our share!
But money was tight,
How could we afford games?
Gabe smiled at us sagely,
And spoke our user names.
He then gave a bellow,
That shook through the town,
And all the Steam prices,
Came clattering down,
We rejoiced and we thanked him,
Our lungs vomiting mirth,
Now Gabe knew he was done,
And departed the Earth,
He gave the most jolly shout,
Leaving our atmosphere:
"Happy Steamsmas to all,
And a Happy New Year!"

stolen

Sale starts at 7PM AND I'm already on winter/holiday break. Awww yeah.
Gonna finish the rest of Spec Ops before tonight, even though I really don't want to play it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom