• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Spec Ops. Here's a questionnaire you should follow if you are thinking of buying this game:

Do you want a good game ->Yes-> Don't buy it

Do you think war is bad and are you interested in playing a bad game for 5 hours to get a 5 minute cutscene revealing a plot twist that you could see from a mile away ->Yes-> This is the game for you!

XShagrath

Bought this.

Got a question though if anyone knows: is the DLC Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge contained in the pack the same Abyssal Forge that's part of the Season Pass that's also contained in the pack?

Didn't see this answered yet.

Yes, they're the same. So if you activate the Season Pass, you have no need for Abyssal Forge and can give it away or whatever. I'll probably do the same when I pick up the bundle in a bit.

Nabs

Just finished Spec Ops. Here's a questionnaire you should follow if you are thinking of buying this game:

Do you think war is bad and are you interested in playing a bad game for 5 hours to get a 5 minute cutscene revealing a plot twist that you could see from a mile away -> This is the game for you!

ahaha. I need to come up with something good for my Steam review.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is gfwl available in your country. If I recall correctly countries that dont have gfwl cant play gfwl games.

Check this list if your country is listed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFWL#Availability

You can probably be gifted and redeem in your library, but if you live outside gfwl area you wont be able to play it
Yes you will. You just need to make a GFWL account choosing an available country instead of the one you live in.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yes you will. You just need to make a GFWL account choosing an available country instead of the one you live in.

Why wouldn't you make a GFWL Account from the US, no matter where you live, is still beyond my comprehension.

However, that's another matter entirely.

Deques

Why wouldn't you make a GFWL Account from the US, no matter where you live, is still beyond my comprehension.

However, that's another matter entirely.

I used my Hotmail account for GFWL. It was registered a long time ago, around 1998. I don't remember which country I registered with.

Interfectum

0_azh_ffffff.png

Click me! (warning, music)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, help me here. Should I buy lunch at Burger King today in like 2 hours, or will those 7 bucks be put to better use on a discounted Steam game?

I'm kidding, of course. I'm not THAT obsessed
with food.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
GAF, help me here. Should I buy lunch at Burger King today in like 2 hours, or will those 7 bucks be put to better use on a discounted Steam game?

I'm kidding, of course. I'm not THAT obsessed
with food.

You clearly aren't obsessed with food: you're talking about Burger King.

Lain

Didn't see this answered yet.

Yes, they're the same. So if you activate the Season Pass, you have no need for Abyssal Forge and can give it away or whatever. I'll probably do the same when I pick up the bundle in a bit.

Nice to know, thanks.

First to quote gets a Darksiders 2 Abyssal Forge DLC Key then.

Tizoc

I have a feeling Borderlands 1 and 2 may get a bundle discount release during the seal.
My friend told me that Borderlands is more of an RPG with FPS elements, but how is the single player campaign/mode of the games?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Do you think war is bad and are you interested in playing a bad game for 5 hours to get a 5 minute cutscene revealing a plot twist that you could see from a mile away ->Yes-> This is the game for you!

But I was told the story was super clever.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have a feeling Borderlands 1 and 2 may get a bundle discount release during the seal.
My friend told me that Borderlands is more of an RPG with FPS elements, but how is the single player campaign/mode of the games?

I don't even think people who like Borderlands 1/2 would recommend playing them without co-op partners.

Nabs

Dear Esther and Spec Ops (probably some others I'm forgetting) taught me I should never trust anyones opinion on videogame stories ever again.

Wait wait wiat wiati wapitnandf... did you play Spec Ops over Mark of the Ninja?!

PFaoindapnaopndfadklfadfaf

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It should be in sparkle text too...

39Htn.gif

tumblr_lw3qvn8slT1qkyo4ro3_250.gif

Essentially, the world is divided into sizeable chunks that you can travel to/from using fast travel points, and there's nothing to do but complete quests that rarely if at all move beyond "Go here and retrieve/destroy this". Loot is supposedly a core component of the game, but not unlike Diablo 3, most of it is useless and it's not uncommon to find a weapon/shield that will suffice for many hours. The games most certainly benefit from co-op play, but I had enough fun with the original to solo the main campaign and the DLC expansions.

erila

Neo Member

It's possible to play both of the games solo (the difficulty scales as more people join), but it's definitely more fun in a group.

Honestly, I've played through Borderlands 1 several times (360 solo, onlive with a friend, PC with another friend), and the story is so forgettable that even now I only have a vague idea of what was actually going on. I found the game fun but more as a run around and shoot stuff and collect a stash of cool guns kind of game than anything else.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sure it's a pretty tech demo. It would be nice if there was some way to interact with it though. The dude talking about kidney stones was ruining it as well.

I'm just pointing out that whoever recommended it to you failed to merit the recommendation properly. Playing Dear Esther for the story isn't really something I think most people would recommend.

It's possible to play both of the games solo (the difficulty scales as more people join), but it's definitely more fun in a group.

Honestly, I've played through Borderlands 1 several times (360 solo, onlive with a friend, PC with another friend), and the story is so forgettable that even now I only have a vague idea of what was actually going on. I found the game fun but more as a run around and shoot stuff and collect a stash of cool guns kind of game than anything else.

this. i played a combo of solo and co-op for 1 and 2.
i thought
the gameplay was fun enough to keep me entertained solo...but adding more people just added to the choas, which was great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom