• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Idiot's Guide to the Steam Sale. My dream for the thread to not be plague with these.

1. Is X going to be on sale?
-We don't know. Wait and see
2. Is X going to be cheaper?
3. How long will it be on Sale
-Read
4. I bought X already but it's cheaper now. Can I get a price adjustment
-Should have read
5. Steam sucks because I didn't wait for the Daily deal
-Your own fault
Oh, new page? Ahem...

Does anyone know when the winter sale is going to start? Is there even going to be one this year?

ShaneB

I'm reluctant to add money to my wallet, mainly due to potential regional price gouging but also because other stores have been doing much better sales than Steam recently.

This being my dilemma as well. With so many other places have great sales, it seems a bit much to dump all my budget into my Steam wallet. My budget being 100 I think, and trying to avoid buying anything over 10$.

Also, Xcom continues to be awesome, but I'm playing it on easy right now :p
:( it's still hard!
... but replaying it feels inevitable! I am playing on Ironman, so im treating it much like FTL and a roguelike :p

kswiston

Not even sure what I want during this sale. Perhaps Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja if they are cheaper than the Thanksgiving sale. Heroes 6 if that ever goes on sale for more than 50% off. I can't think of much else.

I would rather get a metagame than sales at this point. My backlog is gigantic, and last winter's game was a fun way to try new/untouched games.

derExperte

Idiot's Guide to the Steam Sale. My dream for the thread to not be plague with these.

1. Is X going to be on sale?
2. Is X going to be cheaper?
3. How long will it be on Sale
-Read
4. I bought X already but it's cheaper now. Can I get a price adjustment
-Should have read
5. Steam sucks because I didn't wait for the Daily deal
-Your own fault

6. Does The Walking Dead include all episodes?
- Only Gaben knows

I'm getting excited. Just under 14 hours for Salsa to get herself banned and MRORANGE to be forced into making the official thread.

Mmmm. Smells like Steam Seal.

Looking at my wishlist of titles priced under fifty dollars, and subtracting 75% from the total (which is the discount I wish to get)...

I should only need to pay $60. :)

lexi

Banned
No it doesn't.

I only bought Crusader Kings 2 because GAF sold me on it and it is one of my favorite games ever.

Ask GAF.

Trust GAF.

Don't Trust GAF that much.

Wait for the Daily Deals.

GAF 100% sold me on Sleeping Dogs. I bought it for full price at launch. Worth it.

P.S. Don't get banned Salsa, GAF has few enough girl gamers as it is.

Anyone else having trouble with steam right now. It's "updating"... but not really.
What do you mean by "not really"? A couple of weeks ago, mine would appear to download an update, restart, and then download it again. I fixed it by going into the Steam install directory and running the updated exe (SteamNew.exe, I think) and then telling it to do a manual client update check.

Milamber

This here, two birds, with one stone - this must be in the OT, will spare us countless posts regarding both contentious issues.
It should be in sparkle text too...

39Htn.gif

Sblargh

Banned
What is -20% doing on there? Whenever there is a sale and any discount is less than 35%, I am personally offended.

It's like coming into my house and calling me a piece of shit. It's not appropriate, mister.

Seance

Banned
I'm reluctant to add money to my wallet, mainly due to potential regional price gouging but also because other stores have been doing much better sales than Steam recently.

It's pretty messed up. Steam trying to sell me Blops 2 for 100USD or Dishonored for 80USD. Fucking Valve is just as bad as the rest.

lexi

Banned
It's pretty messed up. Steam trying to sell me Blops 2 for 100USD or Dishonored for 80USD. Fucking Valve is just as bad as the rest.

This is not Valve's fault, Publishers set the pricing. COD:MW2, yes, the one from 2009, is $100 USD on the Australian steam store.

EA, Activision and 2K Games are the worst offenders for price gouging. I have never bought any of these publishers games straight from Steam, instead opting for gifting from other regions or GMG. If I get banned for buying goods at a fair price than I am 100% done with gaming, not even joking.

Salsa

hey I never get banned right before a steam sale

that only happened once I think, and it was like, 2 months before or something

Lint21

Neo Member
Mentioned to my GF a few minutes ago that the Winter Sale starts tomorrow. Her response:

"Oh GOD. No."

I said, it's cool baby, see ya in a couple weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom