• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure how enforcable that is or if the interpretation of that paragraph is even correct. Wouldn't that apply to every single UK online shop? There's a lot that ship only to the UK.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does anyone else get the same client update over and over again?

This one, specifically
October 23, 2012 - Steam client update released
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the Steam menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

- Fixed installing DLC in some cases (eg Sims3)

I'm not sure how enforcable that is or if the interpretation of that paragraph is even correct. Wouldn't that apply to every single UK online shop? There's a lot that ship only to the UK.

Not sure either but with Steam it actually should't be that hard to make it possible. Maybe nothing will come out of this but it would be a good strike against regional pricing.

Is anyone else playing Stealth bastard Deluxe, if so can you explain the first boss encounter to me, I'm stuck on this encounter and cannot figure it out. If you could grab and pull objects I could see a solution to this encounter, but you can't.

Edit: Figured it out, missed an interactive point that did not look like an interactive point.

One of the best games of the year with a crazy ending.

This is one game where I find myself on the other side of the overwhelming GAF opinion. The ending of this game
hasn't been shocking since 10 years ago when Fight Club came out. When I reached the end, it was more of a cool story bro moment than anything else.

This is one game where I find myself on the other side of the overwhelming GAF opinion. The ending of this game
hasn't been shocking since 10 years ago when Fight Club came out. When I reached the end, it was more of a cool story bro moment than anything else.

It probably depends how you view the ending; from a narrative focused perspective or as meta commentary on the player.

I liked the story overall, but yes, I agree with you here. The ending felt like it was trying too hard and I didn't really like it.

It probably depends how you view the ending; from a narrative focused perspective or as meta commentary on the player.

I don't think considering the second option makes it any more profound.
The game makes you do something and then tries to make you feel bad about it. How does that work? When you do the white phosphorus thing and burn up civilians, are you supposed to feel bad when the game makes you walk slowly through them? There was no player agency in what happened and it's not like you had a choice in the matter. You can't advance the game until you go through that completely scripted sequence and that's going to make you feel bad? This is not that different from Call of Duty where you have to take a sniper shot at someone with a bag over their head and then you find out 2 minutes later that it was your friend. How are you supposed to feel bad about something the game makes you do?

I didn't even realize it had ended until a couple days after. A bit of a shame, I wanted to check out a few more deals. Oh well, I got the Basement Collection, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and Penny-Arcade 3.

1-D_FTW

Wouldn't this be a language thing? I can only imagine a game would only be available in the UK if the publisher didn't want to translate to a bunch of different languages.

And another motivation seems to be pricing. Which is laughable, cause if it ever happened, the UK would never get cheaper pricing than the rest of Europe. That loophole would be hammered shut by the publishers.

Wouldn't this be a language thing? I can only imagine a game would only be available in the UK if the publisher didn't want to translate to a bunch of different languages.

And another motivation seems to be pricing. Which is laughable, cause if it ever happened, the UK would never get cheaper pricing than the rest of Europe. That loophole would be hammered shut by the publishers.

It's mostly about price because there are some huge discrepancies between the UK and the rest of the EU. Just go to steamprices.com, pick UK and Germany and Top Savings or Top Rip-offs. There's stuff with 40%+ difference. Of course, pubs would solve this differently than we imagine: more expensive games for everybody :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
the alien breed series is really that bad?

Absolutely. Find someone who actually beat all 3 back to back and loved them and bring them here to proof that someone was able to find enjoyment in the series. I will then give you all 4 Dota 2 invites I have as a reward.

1-D_FTW

I'm warning you now, turn back while you can!

You will regret ever saying that.

No need for me to have a time machine on this one.

Gaben: "1-D_FTW, take this game. It's free. You've got the summer achievement tickets, take it. Add it to your library. Make it your trinket."

Me: "I think I'll spend it on DLC for a game I'll never buy. Thanks anyways."

*Runs*

Saty

Dunno if posted but all the original Tomb Raider games are now available on Steam.
In addition to the original Tomb Raider, Steam gamers can also enjoy Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (IV), Tomb Raider: Chronicles (V) and Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. All six titles will be available from today on Steam priced $9.99/€9.99/£6.99 each.

Dunno if posted but all the original Tomb Raider games are now available on Steam.

few pages back theres some postings on it. concensus is that 10 a piece is way to much for 10 year old games.

I believe theres a bundle on GoG thats cheaper, don't have the link though

edit: too slow

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
few pages back theres some postings on it. concensus is that 10 a piece is way to much for 10 year old games.

I believe theres a bundle on GoG thats cheaper, don't have the link though

Yeah, the five games on Steam are split between two bundles on GoG, each $10. Squeedios are kidding themselves if they expect Steam users to pay a further $30.

JustinBB7

Really loving Kotor 2. It's so funny. Lots of stuff to do, the old school animations are hilarious too. Just had a handmaiden dance for a hutt. Laughed my ass off.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Really loving Kotor 2. It's so funny. Lots of stuff to do, the old school animations are hilarious too. Just had a handmaiden dance for a hutt. Laughed my ass off.
Yeah, the handmaiden has some hilarious interactions with you if you are an evil dick. Such a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom