• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit Humble THQ Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/
zNxiM.png

Already own all of them lol

Cant decide how to split the money up between THQ and charity. Arent they both the same thing?

Also, would I be able to give away the Company of hero games separately?

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'll just put the Saints Row key in this post. Help yourself, I guess.

This is kinda depressing.
I'll probably pay for the bundle if I discover I don't already own CoH Vietnam and Darksiders. I think those are the only two I don't have, and I'm not even really interested in Darksiders.

It really is a weird feeling though -- I feel bad for their developers that they've come to this. :(

Nice, snagged the Humble THQ Bundle.

Would people say the "Unreal Deal" pack is worth it? I'm guessing it'll be even cheaper during the Winter sale...

Sober

Is the SR3 soundtrack they have bundled in just whatever original scores they wrote for the game or do they have the licensed tracks?

ShaneB

Random question, folks.

Is it possible to send someone a message over Steam?

As was said, can only send chat messages if they're online. But I mean, you can write comments on their profiles and they'll get notifications that they've got a new comment on their profile, which is fine enough I think.

haikira

I think a US friend would be able to send you a gift and you would be able to activate it right? ; )

That would be nice, if anyone was game.

Though release day for EU is tomorrow, so i'm guessing that's when it'll hit the store. So it's not the end of the world, if i have to wait for then.

BigAT

Is anyone else having a difficulty downloading the Endless Space trial? Clicking the link on the store page doesn't add the game to my library or do anything really.

I really wonder if this move by THQ is a smart one. I'd wager many pubs who are potentially interested in their franchises would see this as a devaluation of said IPs. And no, I'm not talking about EA specifically.

Cant decide how to split the money up between THQ and charity. Arent they both the same thing?

Also, would I be able to give away the Company of hero games separately?

The only one I owned out of that bundle was Company of Heroes, but I didn't seem to receive an extra copy of it to gift away after buying the bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice, snagged the Humble THQ Bundle.

Would people say the "Unreal Deal" pack is worth it? I'm guessing it'll be even cheaper during the Winter sale...

I'd wait; it was discounted by 75% during last year's Winter Sale.

Gav47

Wow, I wonder how much the THQ bundle will end up making, the last Android bundle made well over 1mil with just some indie titles.

RIP THQ

You treated PC pretty well in recent years. I own damn near everything you released on the platform in the last 5-10.

They made or at least published some of my favourite games and introduced me to the Warhammer 40k universe. They will be sorely missed.

Banned for requesting to sully the sacred sanctity of the Mega |OT| threads, a most holy GAF institution given to us by Bruce Leroy, blessed be his name.

ouch.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Banned for requesting to sully the sacred sanctity of the Mega |OT| threads, a most holy GAF institution given to us by Bruce Leroy, blessed be his name.

LOL, brutal. I didn't ban Tony, obviously, and we definitely deserve to take a punch or two about how mega OTs got out of hand.

But do know that our intentions here are good--we like being able to interact with people from developers or companies, but we don't like viral marketing or use of GAF in a way that makes it seem like advertising. Yes, there's a thin line between the adulatory way that fans do OTs and actual formal marketing. We know that. It's a tough one. We have tried to reform OTs--EL posted an announcement thread telling people to pare things back, and things are a lot better than they were circa 2008-2009. In Tony's case, I think he meant well and generally did well, and he was really helpful in a lot of ways, but there were a few cases before the thread that got him banned where he pushed the line a little bit. CAG has a very different relationship with companies than GAF does, and that's okay. To Tony's credit, he was always willing to correct the times he went over the line, and he was very professional and apologetic. But it's important to try to draw a bright line about this stuff, and when someone's professional capacity puts them at odds with the site, well, it becomes a problem. I personally don't get paid to help out with moderation or anything, so know that when I say this stuff it's not because I'm covering for my own economic interest, it's because I actually think we made the right call there for keeping the site as viral-free as possible.

And yeah, I know there's probably tons of covert viral marketing going on that we don't catch. It's unfortunate. I wish we could do better.

If anyone has any follow up on this they can PM me instead of replying here. I probably shouldn't have even brought it up in the thread. I'm not saying we make the right call 100% of the time, and I know there's a lot of bitterness about that one in particular, but just know that there's no nefarious motive involved, it's just a tough call to make. I hope we mostly do a good job. When we don't, feel free to tell me, and I'll pass it along or try to make things more clear going forward.

how does it work if they add more games over the course of the next 2 weeks?

Say i BTA today and tomorrow another game is added if you BTA, do you get that automatically then?

I usually get in on the bundles near the end and not the beginning

Say i BTA today and tomorrow another game is added if you BTA, do you get that automatically then?

You get everything that gets added later if you buy now, BTA or not. That's how the last few HIBs worked anyway.

Everyone who purchased the bundle before the games were added gets them, even if they didn't beat the average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom