• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

ibkshdz2hDC5eL.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PSA: Be sure you have some cash in your steam wallet before relying on the app. It has a history of not accepting credit cards for no apparent reason. Steam wallet always works on it.

Sounds like a misguided attempt at having me rethink impulse purchases. Nice try, Valve, but I don't use the app.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I still can't believe none of the Darksiders 2 DLC got achievements. I mean who the fuck does that? Oh I know, the recently released Sleeping Dogs DLC!

Dingotech

I still can't believe none of the Darksiders 2 DLC got achievements. I mean who the fuck does that? Oh I know, the recently released Sleeping Dogs DLC!

Amen bro.

DLC without cheevs doesn't inspire me to head back for more!

Anyways. Off to bed, see you all tomorrow for sales and hopefully epic achievement hunting!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That would actually be a good decision. Thank god they didn't try to put more meaningless filler into Darksiders 2.

The Abyssal Forge is super meaningless. Pretty, but super meaningless. The second DLC just broke on me and I have no way to restart it short of wiping all my saves I guess. I'm waiting to play the last DLC until after I beat the second.

kami_sama

I just purchased the darksiders pack! I thought I couldn't until I tried!

One question, The Abyssal Forge is both in the season pass and as a standalone key?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling Borderlands 1 and 2 may get a bundle discount release during the seal.
My friend told me that Borderlands is more of an RPG with FPS elements, but how is the single player campaign/mode of the games?
Essentially, the world is divided into sizeable chunks that you can travel to/from using fast travel points, and there's nothing to do but complete quests that rarely if at all move beyond "Go here and retrieve/destroy this". Loot is supposedly a core component of the game, but not unlike Diablo 3, most of it is useless and it's not uncommon to find a weapon/shield that will suffice for many hours. The games most certainly benefit from co-op play, but I had enough fun with the original to solo the main campaign and the DLC expansions.
This. I only played the first one for a couple of hours, alone, and it's really good. Of course, it's even better with a co-op partner (had one for my first 30 minutes), but I enjoyed it solo anyway. If you pick it up let me know, I'd like someone to play it with.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait wiat wiati wapitnandf... did you play Spec Ops over Mark of the Ninja?!

PFaoindapnaopndfadklfadfaf
What, is it wrong? I did it too. Got MotN on the Autumn Sale and haven't touched it yet. Too many other games to play.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mark of the Ninja is the best game I played this year. And I played a ton of games this year.

It's the best:
-Side-scroller
-Stealth game
-Indie game
-
Metroidvania
In recent years.

The story is surprisingly great, the ending is gorgeous, the gameplay is incredibly tight, and the visuals are very consistent.

JaseC

Mark of the Ninja is the best game I played this year. And I played a ton of games this year.

It's the best:
-Side-scroller
-Stealth game
-Indie game
-
Metroidvania
In recent years.

The story is surprisingly great, the ending is gorgeous, the gameplay is incredibly tight, and the visuals are very consistent.

Yeah, I've said before it'll likely wind up being my GoTY. I'll have to remember to finish it in time for GAF's voting thread.

Tizoc

GAF, help me here. Should I buy lunch at Burger King today in like 2 hours, or will those 7 bucks be put to better use on a discounted Steam game?

I'm kidding, of course. I'm not THAT obsessed
with food.
Wb! I noticed u were banned after our small warhammer talk.
...and hey if i can spend 100 dollars on gog.com sales and still be able spare a few for steam u can too so grab ur sandwich mi amigo~

JaseC

Any chance Far Cry 3 will get a good sale?

AC: Revelations was 25% off during last year's Christmas/Winter Sale and it too released in November, so expect the same. It's possible that it'll get a deeper discount elsewhere, though. (I'm still waiting on something to come of the retail subs that were added to the registry about a month ago.)

It's the best:
-Side-scroller
-Stealth game
-Indie game
-
Metroidvania
In recent years.

Yeah, I've said before it'll likely wind up being my GoTY. I'll have to remember to finish it in time for GAF's voting thread.

Make that three of us.

xJavonta

Banned
What chances has super hexagon to get a discount? like 50%/75%
It's totally worth the full price. I bought it on my phone at $3 and don't regret the purchase at all. If you have an iPhone or iPad, I'd say those are the ideal platforms for it. If not, just spend the $3 and be happy.

...it's $3 at full price. A dollar less if you can find somebody willing to split a two-pack.
JaseC we all know you have stacks lol

Derrick01

Banned

It's the best:
-Side-scroller
-Stealth game
-Indie game
-
Metroidvania
In recent years.

It was so good even I liked it, and a lot since it was #3 on my goty list. Really impressive for an indie/arcade quality title.

JaseC

I don't know...

At such a low price point, any savings you manage by way of a sale are only going to be relatively signifnicant rather than practically so. That said, with the sale literally a few hours away, just buy it at its general sale discount (assuming it's reduced at all), which will probably be to the order of 25%-33%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom