• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. THQ might go under but definately not because of this bundle. They've been practically giving most of the games in this bundle away already in a ton of steam sales, if anything this'll probably make them a whole bunch of money fast.

I think he meant it the other way around: THQ doing a humble bundle is a sign that they're going out of business and that this is a last resort to make some easy cash.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What else do they have to offer, Homefront? lol

They made 60k in the last 20 mins.

Space Marine would be my guess, unless they need to negotiate that kind of thing with the Warhammer people.

Titan Quest and the previous Red Faction games could work too, though I'm not sure if that would entice people in week 2 like the additional games usually do.

dot

Hey guys, is there a reason why my non-steam game i added keeps disappearing from my library list randomly? This is the second time it's done this for Guild Wars 2. I didn't download a steam update or opt in a beta or anything... It was working fine yesterday.

Is this a bug or something? What can i do about it?

They put it on there to try and get it released in other parts of the world. Right now it's only for sale on Steam in the US and, I think, South America? They made a post about why it's on Greenlight.

But, yeah, more Greenlight ridiculousness.

Yeah saw the comment after my outrage post. heh

ShaneB

Man, I hope it's Primordia. I've been on a huge P&C kick since I beat Gemini Rue.

Was going to post this.

There is another batch of Greenlight games getting the nod tomorrow, so maybe Primordia is one of them for release next week.

Kerub

Banned
What's up with Far Cry 3 on Steam? It's not advertised anywhere and it's nowhere to be found on the top sellers.

HoosTrax

Da New Guys, The Shivah, Downfall, Adventures of Fatman. I'm going to guess one of those.

Edit: Maybe not the last two as they are listed as "friends' games" on their site, unless they published one of them for them just on Steam.
It's going to be weird if it's Primordia, but it's going to be just as weird if its not Primordia and it turns out to be one of the ones you listed.

Milamber

Hm, not UK but I'm european. But if I search for FC 3, it's available for buying? Kind of confusing.
Do you have an UK credit card associated with your account? If not, did you make your account in the UK at the time?

Either of those will net into the UK region.

ArjanN

I think he meant it the other way around: THQ doing a humble bundle is a sign that they're going out of business and that this is a last resort to make some easy cash.

I guess I had the more optimistic view that we already knew THQ was doing poorly and that this is a pretty smart move that'll make them a bunch of easy cash.
Most of the these games have been super cheap on Steam (or free for prepurchasing other other THQ games) already.

If all the cutting etc. they've been doing is enough to save them might be questionable, but considering this is all digital it bascially will make them a couple of million by just pressing 'go' on their steam key generator a lot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I guess I had the more optimistic view that we already knew THQ was doing poorly and that this is a pretty smart move that'll make them a bunch of easy cash.

Most of the these games have been super cheap on Steam (or free for prepurchasing other other THQ games) already.

Oh, I would feel pretty secure in betting on THQ either dying before the next-gen hits or in the first year or two of it.

It's just sad watching it get drawn out.

morningbus

Looking to trade Saints Row the Third, currently priced $39.99 on Steam, for anything around the $15 to $20 mark or 135 Dirt 3 keys.

morningbus

You joke, but this shit is going to happen.

As much as it annoys me to see people trying to pull that stuff, we're at least past the darkest days. I remember, either with the first or second Humble Bundle, someone tried trading the DRM-free games.

As much as it annoys me to see people trying to pull that stuff, we're at least past the darkest days. I remember, either with the first or second Humble Bundle, someone tried trading the DRM-free games.

Gotta love the prison economy we have sometimes. But I'll raise you. I have Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Company of Heroes (as well as Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor). I am willing to take Sleepy dogs or Far Cry 3. I mean that's 6 games for 1. That's a 110.00 value for your 50.00, you end up ripping me off with that deal!

Kerub

Banned
Do you have an UK credit card associated with your account? If not, did you make your account in the UK at the time?

Either of those will net into the UK region.

Oh, there's no problem buying it. I was just suprised by how it dissapeared from the front store page.

MNC

Looking to trade Saints Row the Third, currently priced $39.99 on Steam, for anything around the $15 to $20 mark or 135 Dirt 3 keys.

mlTei.jpg

If I own RAGE on Steam, then buy a hard copy off Newegg to avoid the massive 30gb download, is the serial key on the hard copy free to be redeemed on another Steam account?

Wok

Take long walks at the seaside, thinking about love. Meet a stranger. Go to the café, sit and drink wine and talk. And then you are silent. And you start longing for the sea.

Bientôt l’été is available for Mac OS X and Windows.
The two-player part requires an internet connection (an offline simulation is also available, but is far less exciting).

I don't know whether this game will be released on Steam: Bientôt l'été. It is likely since the devs already have three games on Steam: Tale of Tales. The game will be released in December, so the preorder ("at an advantageous price" of $8) closes tomorrow. There is a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom