• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Hard Reset is on sale for 4.99 at Greenmangaming.

Worth it?
Here are the reviews that show up on my Steam page:

Gorgeous, but extremely boring. Get locked in a room, fight a series of robots, repeat. Over. And. Over.
If you can look past the completely incomprehensible storyline and horrendous voice acting, there's an enjoyable game to be had here. The game looks, feels, sounds, and plays like something straight out of the Unreal franchise, especially Unreal Tournament 3, despite using a propriety engine (not UE3). In terms of gameplay, it's more along the lines of a Serious Sam game, eschewing cover, weapon reloading, and regenerating health for a more classic corridor shooter style. The gameplay can get extremely hectic once the waves of enemies start flowing -- this fun and frantic gamplay is Hard Reset's strong point, and is executed well.
Steam has a demo you can download, and I don't think I cared for it, but I don't know if the demo conveys the feel of the full game very well.

didamangi

I was looking for a new skin after getting bored with pixelvision and wow, this metro skin is pretty good.

iutEMhM3AAP6C.png
ibiSdgZLtpLPTv.jpg

didamangi

Neat. I think I prefer the background image being just behind the list instead of the rest of the window, looks a bit garrish in comparison to normal. Dropdown style looks a bit funky though

Yeah, I actually prefer the background image on the description like the original skin but unfortunately there's no settings to change it atm. Still a pretty good skin though.

HoosTrax

Here are the reviews that show up on my Steam page:

Steam has a demo you can download, and I don't think I cared for it, but I don't know if the demo conveys the feel of the full game very well.
I still think it's a little weird that they didn't just use UE3. I don't think the average person would be able to tell the difference, other than being slightly less blinded by massive amounts of bloom in this game than your typical UE3 game. I mean, it's technically impressive what they were able to create, but part of me wishes they had spent that time and money on a writer and better VAs instead.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh okay. Guess I'll hop in my time machine then.

He was mentioning that because once a game hits a certain price tier in a sale, it's virtually guaranteed to hit that price tier (or lower) in subsequent sales, so if you're talking about a game that you've passed on for a few years, it's probably worth continuing to pass on it until the next sale. :)

So I'm playing Stealth Bastard Deluxe and I'm getting the strangest slowdown. I compared it to some youtube videos and those are moving much faster than mine at all times. It's not like it's a demanding game, not sure what's going on.

didamangi

seems like GMG has JSR for 3.39 was this the lowest price ever?

It is but on Sunday, Amazon will have a dreamcast pack for $4.99 that includes:

1. Crazy Taxi [Download]
2. Jet Set Radio [Download]
3. SEGA Bass Fishing [Download]
4. Sonic Adventure DX [Download]
5. Space Channel 5 Part 2 [Download]

All are steam keys.

They are also going to have a bunch of other sega pack. (Copy paste from CAG forum)

Sega Arcade Pack - $14.99 contains:

1. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg [Download] - THIS IS NOT STEAM!
3. Renegade Ops Coldstrike Campaign [Online Game Code]
4. Renegade Ops [Download]
5. Virtua Tennis 4 [Download]

Sega Action Only Pack - $20 contains:

1. Aliens vs. Predator [Download]
2. Binary Domain [Download]
3. Condemned: Criminal Origins [Download]
4. Hell Yeah [Download]
5. Viking Battle for Asgard [Download]

Sega Genesis Classics Pack - $4.99 contains:

50 Sega Genesis Games.

All are steam keys except Billy Hatcher (DRM free)

He was mentioning that because once a game hits a certain price tier in a sale, it's virtually guaranteed to hit that price tier (or lower) in subsequent sales, so if you're talking about a game that you've passed on for a few years, it's probably worth continuing to pass on it until the next sale. :)

Yeah I got it.
I'm just not feeling well and it's affecting my mood.

Sober

It is but amazon will have a dreamcast pack for $4.99 that includes:

1. Crazy Taxi [Download]

All are steam keys.
Wait, I thought Amazon's Dreamcast pack was only JSR on Steam and the rest was something else.

It is but amazon will have a dreamcast pack for $4.99 that includes:

1. Crazy Taxi [Download]

All are steam keys.

When is this?

Edit: Sunday...

zkylon

zkylewd
The level design in Hard Reset is really boring but it's pretty and the designs are cool. 5 bucks is about right.
Yeah I have to agree with this. I found it very pretty to look at but it was corridor after corridor and I hated the enemy design.

I wish in Hard Reset 2: Reset Harder we get to kill dudes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there a way to show only installed games?
Yeah, it has a small arrow on the bottom left corner that you can use to can filter your library like usual.

Edit: in the newest version he moved the filter arrow but you can still do it, by the way.
Edit2: I just realized I don't have a billion GTA for Mac clones anymore, yay :)

Exuro

I've been using the Metro skin for about a week now and it's by far my favorite. Everything is clean and compact.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't see it =/

EDIT: Oh I got it. It's in the search bar.
Yeah, sorry, I was using the old version and he moved it to a much much better location.

I've been using the Metro skin for about a week now and it's by far my favorite. Everything is clean and compact.
Yeah, I really like it, and it feels faster for some reason. Pixelvision is still very pretty, too.

Salsa

so im an idiot and just found a super easy way to do what I wanted

to move the Steam client itself to another drive while leaving all the games in the old one:

- Participate in the beta
- Move Steam.exe to new drive, run it
- Install one game, choose to create a new "SteamLibrary" folder in the drive you have all your games
- Grab everything in your steamapps folder and put it in this new SteamLibrary folder
- Open your moved Steam client and hit Install in whatever game you want to play, and choose that SteamLibrary folder as the destination. Steam will recognize its already installed and download nothing.

so yeah, cant believe I didnt thought of that before.

Dynoro

so im an idiot and just found a super easy way to do what I wanted

to move the Steam client itself to another drive while leaving all the games in the old one:

- Participate in the beta
- Move Steam.exe to new drive, run it
- Install one game, choose to create a new "SteamLibrary" folder in the drive you have all your games
- Grab everything in your steamapps folder and put it in this new SteamLibrary folder
- Open your moved Steam client and hit Install in whatever game you want to play, and choose that SteamLibrary folder as the destination. Steam will recognize its already installed and download nothing.

so yeah, cant believe I didnt thought of that before.

I just did this when changing to SSD and it doesn't work for every game - you can't choose the installation folder for games that are not on the new file system (Borderlands and Saint's Row 3 are two that I couldn't move).

Tomodachi

Endless Space is like a more naive Civilization. The interface is sometimes lacking, for example when I research a new technology I only see the name of the improvements I unlock, but if it's the first time I'm playing how am I supposed to know what the hell that improvement does? Also the tutorial is good but a bit vague, still not clear what influences my population on every planet. Just food? Same goes for happiness, people hate me but I'm having a hard time finding out why.

Anyway, always wanted a Civilization in space and this does the job right, it's not as good as the more popular franchise but it will do.

I'll wait for a better deal next sale though, still to pricey

Salsa

I just did this when changing to SSD and it doesn't work for every game - you can't choose the installation folder for games that are not on the new file system (Borderlands and Saint's Row 3 are two that I couldn't move).

yup this is true

they need to hurry up

as an alternative you could install them on your ssd and then move them to an hdd with steamtool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom