• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

+1 for Dustforce. I hate plateformers and time trial game and I still played it. The music is also fantastic.

Nabs

I liked Dustforce but I stopped playing it after beating it with A in every level or at least trying something like that because it destroyed my fingers. Something about the controls made my hands cramp up like crazy after a few hours, never happened with other similar games.

Don't blame the game for your shitty layout.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, got the Unreal Deal Pack on my cart, and the buy buttons are disabled.
Also can't find it in the store anymore...

Any idea what happened?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's back now. Gonna guess they had run out of keys or something.

Salsa

Don't blame the game for your shitty layout.

Ive changed it many times. I dont like how the character sticks to surfaces (not that this happens, but just the way it works in particular) and how you sometimes have to press in that particular direction, between other things. There's a reason why Dustforce purists swear by keyboard controls and im having none of that.

Nabs

Ive changed it many times. I dont like how the character sticks to surfaces and how you sometimes have to press in that particular direction, between other things. There's a reason why Dustforce purists swear by keyboard controls and im having none of that.

The Analog stick serves me well!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Cargo Commander bought!

Did you read it? It sounds like shit.

Unless you've played it. Did you like it?

I was raging about the checkpoint systems just reading it. And having poorly done QTE on mini-bosses, that when failed (cause they're poorly done), means you have to go back to the checkpoint (with sometimes no health), and repeat the fight (and the QTE finishing move)... shudder.

Does anyone in here have positive impressions of the full game?
Yup, I really liked it. Got every Steam achievement, only have a couple of missions and customisations left.

The checkpoint system is not bad, though it wouldn't have hurt to have a couple more. The part about having to repeat the whole boss fight is untrue. You only lose some health, the boss recovers a little (less than 1/4) and that's it, you continue right from where you were standing before the QTE.

I thought it was a fun game, rather funny and enjoyable. I loved the demo, and even more the full game. It's colorful and fast like Jazz Jackrabbit, and the microgames remind me of WarioWare. So yeah, for me it was totally worth it (at a sale price, of course!)

Fuck, if I use this on Company of Heroes 2 and Bioshock Infinite I end up paying 67.50€ and get 9€ in GMG credit.

Fuck.

1. Buy Company of Heroes 2 with code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9
2. Buy Bioshock Infinite with 35% off voucher
3. Pay 67.50€ for both and get 9€
4. Never play either.

But will THQ exist for long enough for CoH 2 to release?

1-D_FTW

Cargo Commander bought!

Yup, I really liked it. Got every Steam achievement, only have a couple of missions and customisations left.

The checkpoint system is not bad, though it wouldn't have hurt to have a couple more. The part about having to repeat the whole boss fight is untrue. You only lose some health, the boss recovers a little (less than 1/4) and that's it, you continue right from where you were standing before the QTE.

I thought it was a fun game, rather funny and enjoyable. I loved the demo, and even more the full game. It's colorful and fast like Jazz Jackrabbit, and the microgames remind me of WarioWare. So yeah, for me it was totally worth it (at a sale price, of course!)

Okay. That sounds a little better then.

And nice purchase with Cargo Commander. Great game.

Hey guys, thought I might let you know, I'm starting a new site for Steam and Steam games. I'm building a trading platform for Steam items/gifts, but for now the site is rather basic. Anyway, I've got a stack of (good) games sitting in my gift inventory, and I'm giving out one every other day until the Winter sale.

The current giveaway is for Just Cause 2.

If you're interested in that game at all, and one of the few that don't have it, check out the site here for instructions on how to enter.

allansm

Rock, Paper, Shotgun just did a "Wot I Think" for Hell Yeah:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...aper,+Shotgun)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Wishlist -1

The WIT makes the game seems worse than it is. It's a good game but with a few flaws. First, the game is not difficult, I can't understand why the review had so many problems with it. The checkpoint system can be bad sometimes, but that's not frequent and although it will annoy you when it happens, it won't make you give up on the game. The same for the minigames. They are fun, but a few times you won't understand what you should do immediately and failing will damage your health and may kill you if your health is low, forcing you to replay the boss and maybe have to transverse a couple of screens to reach him. If you liked the humor and like platformers, you will like the game. PC gamer has a good review and the giantbomb quicklook gives you a good idea of the game, so I recommend you take a look at both to help you decide if the game is for you or not.

You can't participate if you own the game right?

Not sure if you were responding to my post, but if so, then yeah I would prefer it if you didn't participate if you already own the game. Of course, I don't really have anyway of confirming that for now, so I guess if you really want to enter I can't stop you.

Eventually when I roll out the trading/gifting platform on this site, I'll try and include ways to verify if someone already owns a certain game or not.

Tizoc

Viking runs at a locked 30 fps if I remember correctly. Don't think anyone has unlocked it yet.

Frame rate isn't an issue for me if it's solid and doesn't drop, but visually speaking, are there any mods to improve them? Note that I don't actually own the game but am asking as I'm considering getting it in a future sale.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The only thing I regret about Hell Yeah is being stuck with that pack of Genesis games in my steam library.

Otherwise I enjoyed the 5 hours it took to finish, and didn't feel it was all that hard.

Addnan

Is there a problem launching Cave Story? At first I thought it wasn't launching because I was on my crappy laptop, but now it doesn't start on the desktop either.

Preparing to launch cave story pops up and then closes.

But if they do get picked up, the new publisher would have no obligation to fulfill existing pre-orders I would imagine, though I'm guessing they would to avoid horrible PR.

What happens if EA buys a bunch of THQ studios and we all end up getting Origin keys?

Carm

Is there a problem launching Cave Story? At first I thought it wasn't launching because I was on my crappy laptop, but now it doesn't start on the desktop either.

Preparing to launch cave story pops up and then closes.

Loaded fine in full and window mode, Nvidia gpu/win7 64.

I was browsing the registry and noticed that A New Beginning was added, which is an adventure game by Daedalic (The Whispered World, Deponia). It's supposed to be one of their better ones and I remember when it was released it got some crap because it apparently "preaches" about global warming. Anyway, it's just as nice looking as their other games also. Once this is out then almost their entire catalog will be on Steam.

qDk5X.jpg

Kinyou

I was browsing the registry and noticed that A New Beginning was added, which is an adventure game by Daedalic (The Whispered World, Deponia). It's supposed to be one of their better ones and I remember when it was released it got some crap because it apparently "preaches" about global warming. Anyway, it's just as nice looking as their other games also. Once this is out then almost their entire catalog will be on Steam.
Wow, never heard of that one. Really digging the more realistic artstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom