• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
By the way

*Regional restrictions applied on certain titles as usual (BioShock Infinite not currently available in the UK, standard limitations apply on EA titles, if you can't search it on the store you won't be able to buy it). Limited stocks of promotional titles. Vouchers not valid on BioShock Infinite at this time.

So beware.

It's still a pretty good deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's a button for Big Picture Mode in the top right hand corner. Other than that, I have no idea (outside of it downloading all the games again for some reason).

We have just pushed out a new beta update.

Here are the changes:

Changed Big Picture navigation to keep real global backstack – KB ESC and the gamepad B button now act on this to go back rather than having situation defined constant cancel actions.
Added KB alt-left/alt-right and backspace as back/forward shortcuts in Big Picture
Added mouse4/mouse5 as back/forward shortcuts in Big Picture
Fixed bug where chat message notifications would show while chat with the friend was focused in Big Picture

Echoplx

There's a new 30% off code on GMG, works with Jet Set Radio bringing it down to $2.38

GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9

Oh damn, this will probably work with the other pre-order offer, so 30% off the first game then 35% off the second :eek:

There's a new 30% off code on GMG, works with Jet Set Radio bringing it down to $2.38

GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9

Oh damn, this will probably work with the other pre-order offer, so 30% off the first game then 35% off the second :eek:

That's what I was thinking. Talk about convenient.

GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9

Fuck, if I use this on Company of Heroes 2 and Bioshock Infinite I end up paying 67.50€ and get 9€ in GMG credit.

Fuck.

1. Buy Company of Heroes 2 with code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9
2. Buy Bioshock Infinite with 35% off voucher
3. Pay 67.50€ for both and get 9€
4. Never play either.

T-Matt

Fuck, if I use this on Company of Heroes 2 and Bioshock Infinite I end up paying 67.50€ and get 9€ in GMG credit.

Fuck.

1. Buy Company of Heroes 2 with code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9
2. Buy Bioshock Infinite with 35% off voucher
3. Pay 67.50€ for both and get 9€
4. Never play either.

Can't use vouchers on bioshock.

Dambrosi

Banned
What's going on with this, It's like a near complete ripoff of Steam lol

http://www.mcgame.com/de
Wow, I just got Splinter Cell: Double Agent for free off them and didn't even see that front page, lol. Talk about a total rip-off.

Oh yeah -- go HERE, click on the first parcel in the advent calendar, fill in your deets and proceed from there for free Double Agent. It's an .exe, but it's free, so why complain?

Grief.exe

Too bad they don't have far cry 3 available in the us.

I could have done bioshock infinite and then picked up FC3 for about $20. Seems like a fairly decent price.

I guess I could do BioShock and last light.

It really looks like I won't buy BioShock Infinite at launch.

BioShock Infinite + Company of Heroes 2 = 36.75€/game

BioShock Infinite + Company of Heroes 2 + Tomb Raider = 34.25€/game

nope.jpg

jediyoshi

GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9

Thanks. Got JSR, Cargo Commander, and Kung Fu Strike DLC cause eh

JaseC

GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9

Thanks for the heads-up. I bought Cargo Commander for the same price.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, I really want to preorder the South Park game from GMG but I really don't want any hassle when THQ goes under.

1-D_FTW

Is Steam really updating that beta client every day? Every time I load now, I have to update the thing (which, being Steam, is never fast).

It's been a nuisance the last week. This is why I opted out of the beta last time. Only when I did that, I needed to have 100 game verify their integrity (which came with the unsurprising Steam shitting the bed with so many tasks). So I don't really wanna go that route again either.

Nabs

Is Steam really updating that beta client every day? Every time I load now, I have to update the thing (which, being Steam, is never fast).

It's been a nuisance the last week. This is why I opted out of the beta last time. Only when I did that, I needed to have 100 game verify their integrity (which came with the unsurprising Steam shitting the bed with so many tasks). So I don't really wanna go that route again either.

Yep http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bigpicture#announcements

Salsa

ever since I did a second install of Steam on my SSD, it seems to be pulling the icon cache out of there even when I run my old Steam installation on the HDD

weird, but im not complaining. No more slow loading of images when I boot it up.

1-D_FTW

They don't like metroidvanias? This is why no one makes them anymore :( :( :(

Did you read it? It sounds like shit.

Unless you've played it. Did you like it?

I was raging about the checkpoint systems just reading it. And having poorly done QTE on mini-bosses, that when failed (cause they're poorly done), means you have to go back to the checkpoint (with sometimes no health), and repeat the fight (and the QTE finishing move)... shudder.

Does anyone in here have positive impressions of the full game?

Salsa

stallion is kidding around bra

Does anyone in here have positive impressions of the full game?

I liked it but I still havent finished it because its actually too long for its own good

I think its a good game and its not the first time ive disagreed with RPS (though its rare tbh). Its akin to old SEGA games and has a great art style and genuinely funny humor. Certainly not for everyone tho

1-D_FTW

stallion is kidding around bra

I liked it but I still havent finished it because its actually too long for its own good

I think its a good game and its not the first time ive disagreed with RPS (though its rare tbh). Its akin to old SEGA games and has a great art style and genuinely funny humor. Certainly not for everyone tho

I knew he was joking about the whole Metrovania bit. But still, it's a really scathing review. Interesting that you liked it. I enjoyed the demo, but I just don't think I could take the full game based on that review. It's just targeting all my weak points of tolerance.

Addnan

Wanted to move Walking Dead from my laptop to dekstop, but don't have my proper broadband set up yet do redownload the whole thing. How do I do that. I can connect and verify files and stuff if thats needed, but what are the steps to get to that?

Since I finished Tomb Raider Legend yesterday I got curious and downloaded Underworld which was the only one I never started before, just to see whether its even worth playing. The mansion was a bit shit (better than a tutorial though) but the level after that D: I 'm gonna have to finish Anniversary earlier than I initially planned but it's been years since I started it.

JaseC

Wanted to move Walking Dead from my laptop to dekstop, but don't have my proper broadband set up yet do redownload the whole thing. How do I do that. I can connect and verify files and stuff if thats needed, but what are the steps to get to that?

Just move the installation folder from the Steam\steamapps\common directory on your laptop to the same directory on your desktop. When you go to install the game through Steam, it'll detect the existing files.

Edit: Oops, got the systems mixed around, haha. Fixed.

Addnan

Just move the installation folder from the Steam\steamapps\common directory on your desktop to the same directory on your laptop. When you go to install the game through Steam, it'll detect the existing files.

Aaah, thanks :) Thats simple.

Nabs

Since I finished Tomb Raider Legend yesterday I got curious and downloaded Underworld which was the only one I never started before, just to see whether its even worth playing. The mansion was a bit shit (better than a tutorial though) but the level after that D: I 'm gonna have to finish Anniversary earlier than I initially planned but it's been years since I started it.

Anniversary is meaty as fuck. I need to get to Underworld... after I beat all of these new games :(

Grief.exe

Is there a voucher right now on GMG? Trying to get my friend to buy chivalry.

No one
who matters
likes metroidvanias

Love me some metroidvania.

Going to play through castlevania: auria of sorrow on my commute when I finish TWEWY

Dark souls has a similar design and its now one of my favorite games of all time.

Salsa

I liked Dustforce but I stopped playing it after beating it with A in every level or at least trying something like that because it destroyed my fingers. Something about the controls made my hands cramp up like crazy after a few hours, never happened with other similar games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom