• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

header_292x136.jpg

If it had achievements I would buy. I doubt it has online multiplayer too.

From what I can tell, it's based on the iPad version, so it's not that bad.

Ledsen

Port Royale 3 for $7 with the code at GMG:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/port-royale-3-pirates-and-merchants/

Cheaper than it got during the Fall Sale on Steam.

Edit: Mmmm...Dogfight 1942 for $2.62:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/dogfight-1942/

I'm always looking for trading sims to buy for my Anno-crazy girlfriend... but nothing seems to live up to Anno's high standards for graphics, interface, and simple but enjoyable gameplay. After checking a few threads and a video review, PR3 seems to follow that trend :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hell Yeah! was not hard at all. Perhaps the checkpointing isn't every 5 seconds like most games, but I really didn't have much trouble at all.

My Hell Yeah! review is sitting in editing somewhere but I'll go ahead and say it.

Not a good game, not challenging either.
Fun to look at and listen to though, pretty much my entire play-through relied on the "what will I see next" appeal.

Thanks to everyone who started talking about the game again all of a sudden, somehow it gave me the kick I needed to write the review.

Now to wait for that similar kick so I can write a Cargo Commander review.

KingKong

So when does Metro 2033 get good?

I just finished level 3 and so far the combat has been completely unsatisfying (bad feeling guns, stupid enemy AI), its 100% linear and full of scripted scenes that aren't very well done at all (for example the level where I have to follow the Bourbon guy, I would run ahead of him and hit invisible walls)

theytookourjobz

I just finished level 3 and so far the combat has been completely unsatisfying (bad feeling guns, stupid enemy AI), its 100% linear and full of scripted scenes that aren't very well done at all (for example the level where I have to follow the Bourbon guy, I would run ahead of him and hit invisible walls)

Last Light?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

All those things are present for the rest of the game. If you can't look past it due to the stellar atmosphere, then just move on from the game and don't sweat it. The atmosphere was pretty much the only thing that got me to the end.

All those things are present for the rest of the game. If you can't look past it due to the stellar atmosphere, then just move on from the game and don't sweat it. The atmosphere was pretty much the only thing that got me to the end.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the underground living atmosphere . . . like the flashback stuff from the Terminator movie. But ultimately, I got bored and bailed on the game.

But will THQ exist for long enough for CoH 2 to release?
Even if THQ went bankrupt, I'm pretty certain that someone would buy the project and make sure it gets to market. The CoH games are among the highest rated games on Steam and X-Com seems to show that strategy games will still sell. So that game will hit the market one way or another.

s7evn

Even if THQ went bankrupt, I'm pretty certain that someone would buy the project and make sure it gets to market. The CoH games are among the highest rated games on Steam and X-Com seems to show that strategy games will still sell. So that game will hit the market one way or another.

Exactly. It will get sold to some other publisher if THQ can't put it out (along with South Park).

Although it would be very interesting if EA picked it up.

DTKT

Exactly. It will get sold to some other publisher if THQ can't put it out (along with South Park).

That would be a strange fit since they already have C&C and that is going nowhere. I could see 2K picking it up.

huh the gunplay is great.very good game.

Sorry for the OT, I know some of ya got Hard Reset (thanks for the recommendation!), was wondering if anyone knew the AA flag for Nvidia Inspector to force MSAA/SGSSAA? Thanks!

Grief.exe

How does Metro have bad gunplay? Because the guns have recoil?

The only thing Metro truly suffered from was bad pacing. The game really lags around the middle. Great game otherwise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry for the OT, I know some of ya got Hard Reset (thanks for the recommendation!), was wondering if anyone knew the AA flag for Nvidia Inspector to force MSAA/SGSSAA? Thanks!

There isn't one, but the game itself supports FSAA, which is better than nothing.

From what I can tell, none of the current publishers seem interested in buying THQ out because of their debt load. Activision would be the only one I could see doing it since they need new IP but I think they are waiting like everyone else. They are all like vultures watching from afar waiting for THQ to die. Then they'll swoop in and pick at the carcass.

XShagrath

Amazon's Digital Deals of the Week are up. Everything's got a STEAM key, except for Billy Hatcher.

Seems like the way to go for Jet Set Radio if you even have a passing interest in any of the other games. Keep in mind purchasing any of these will get you a $5 credit towards the Editors' Choice 2012 games that will activate in January.

Dreamcast Pack - $4.99 - contains:

1. Crazy Taxi [Download]
2. Jet Set Radio [Download]
3. SEGA Bass Fishing [Download]
4. Sonic Adventure DX [Download]
5. Space Channel 5 Part 2 [Download]

Sega Arcade Pack - $14.99 contains:

1. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg [Download] - THIS IS NOT STEAM!
2. Jet Set Radio [Download]
3. Renegade Ops Coldstrike Campaign [Online Game Code]
4. Renegade Ops [Download]
5. Virtua Tennis 4 [Download]

Sega Action Only Pack - $19.99 contains:

1. Aliens vs. Predator [Download]
2. Binary Domain [Download]
3. Condemned: Criminal Origins [Download]
4. Hell Yeah [Download]
5. Viking Battle for Asgard [Download]

Sega Genesis Classics Pack - $4.99 contains:

50 Sega Genesis Games.

Lifted from CAG.

1-D_FTW

My Hell Yeah! review is sitting in editing somewhere but I'll go ahead and say it.

Not a good game, not challenging either.
Fun to look at and listen to though, pretty much my entire play-through relied on the "what will I see next" appeal.

Thanks to everyone who started talking about the game again all of a sudden, somehow it gave me the kick I needed to write the review.

Now to wait for that similar kick so I can write a Cargo Commander review

If you're not calling it one of the best arcade games in years, I'm preemptively rejecting your opinion as invalid.

coopolon

From what I can tell, none of the current publishers seem interested in buying THQ out because of their debt load. Activision would be the only one I could see doing it since they need new IP but I think they are waiting like everyone else. They are all like vultures watching from afar waiting for THQ to die. Then they'll swoop in and pick at the carcass.

Right. No one wants to buy THQ, but their games/IPs/licensing deals are actually worth something. So when THQ declares bankruptcy, the court appoints someone to sell off all those things in order to make money to pay back the creditors. Whose going to want to buy them? Other major publishers.

Of course, you might be concerned what other major publishers will do once they've bought them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There isn't one, but the game itself supports FSAA, which is better than nothing.

The FSAA runs and looks awful. It hardly does anything for the aliasing. The FXAA is honestly an improvement, which is saying something because we all know the downsides to FXAA.

Amazon's Digital Deals of the Week are up. Everything's got a STEAM key, except for Billy Hatcher.

Seems like the way to go for Jet Set Radio if you even have a passing interest in any of the other games. Keep in mind purchasing any of these will get you a $5 credit towards the Editors' Choice 2012 games that will activate in January.

Lifted from CAG.
Last time they did this, the dreamcast pack didn't register steam. Are you sure it does now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom