• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've never understood why they don't put it on Steam. Sales here in Argentina would really skyrocket, since PES is pretty much the only game people don't want to pirate so they can play it online, but since retail here is next to non-existant, everyone ends up pirating it anyways.

Konami is dumb.

feel

To follow up on my image pack that removes the big picture mode button, I have made a special JaseC edition available here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q08e56

For those of you who do not wish to download it, here is what it does:

icQHg2pC7oB0G.gif

not a joke. file really works.
Gaben laugh version please!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hate my stupid PC, every 2 or 3 weeks it starts having slowdowns whenever I try to play something. I don't want to have to clean it so often.

so eh, Sine Mora at 66% off is pretty much not going to be beat during the holiday sale right?

It's not like I'll have time to check those flash sales anyway.

and is Earth 2160 entertaining? Compared to the 2158 games I mean. I always felt the concept of "keep what you gain" was interesting, but prone to either severe (player) punishment or (player) abuse if they managed to get off easy.

Petrie

Banned
I'm looking for Wanderlust if anyone is doing a 4-pack or anything. Would prefer to trade something from my inventory but willing to paypal if I have to.

1-D_FTW

so eh, Sine Mora at 66% off is pretty much not going to be beat during the holiday sale right?

It's not like I'll have time to check those flash sales anyway.

There's a decent chance it'll be 75% off.

Is saving 91 cents worth waiting for you? If no, buy.

Do you think 3.39 is still really cheap for a game that would have cost much more not too many years ago? If you do, why not.

Do you want to reward (somewhat, it is only 3.39 after-all) their efforts for putting it on PC? If so, go head.

I was thinking about being a CAGer about it, but after thinking about it, figured I could spare the extra 91 cents. It does seem like a good game. Although I would dispute some other impressions that it's easy. At least if you don't play shootem' ups that often.

Anyone have a solution to the USB PS2 pad not having a "guide" button for Big Picture Mode?

Also would anyone be interested in some PlayStation branded on screen button prompts? I'm not a graphic designer but I can probably manage something basic.

Anyone have a solution to the USB PS2 pad not having a "guide" button for Big Picture Mode?

Also would anyone be interested in some PlayStation branded on screen button prompts? I'm not a graphic designer but I can probably manage something basic.

I have a clone of PS2 controller and I'm using this button:
ppz0sdyz.png

It's the least used button for me.

So according to the Gamespot review it looks like the Slingshot DLC for Xcom: Enemy Unknown only adds three new missions (a rescue mission, a timed objective mission and an assault on a ufo), adds some tweaks to tech/weapons, adds some cosmetic bits for your troops and requires you to start a new game just to access the dlc. Doesn't sound like Slingshot is worth the asking price given that the dlc doesn't change or add a whole lot to the overall experience.

I'll wait for more reviews and impressions to roll in but it sounds like this is sale fodder.

KingKong

Man I hate the steam client, it should not take this long to unlock a game

The worst is when it just stops downloading for whatever stupid reason

FiRez

How's the PC version of Geometry Wars?

I'm looking at the captures and it doesn't even seems to be in widescreen, or maybe is just me

So according to the Gamespot review it looks like the Slingshot DLC for Xcom: Enemy Unknown only adds three new missions (a rescue mission, a timed objective mission and an assault on a ufo), adds some tweaks to tech/weapons, adds some cosmetic bits for your troops and requires you to start a new game just to access the dlc. Doesn't sound like Slingshot is worth the asking price given that the dlc doesn't change or add a whole lot to the overall experience.

I'll wait for more reviews and impressions to roll in but it sounds like this is sale fodder.

If this is how their DLC is going to work, I'm going to wait until it's all done and pick it all up on sale. No use for DLC that requires a restart just to use it unless there's a lot of it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This may or may not be news, but you can buy Steam Wallet cards at Best Buy with a bigger range than GameStop ($10-$100).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Free leftover Steam keys

- Adventures of Shuggy
- Bit Trip Runner
- Fantasy Wars
- Men of War

I bought this yesterday, it works fine, none of your stats show up in Steam though. I assume they won't until it is officially released on Steam. Not sure if the game will include achievements or not.

True, might be still working some of that stuff out. Also doesn't have a Mac version on Steam yet, while there is a DRM-free version in the current deal. *shrug* Guess we'll learn more whenever it comes out for real.

AlexBasch

I think I'm just gonna forget about Fallout 3 GOTY. It used to work well, then it just crashes on launch and that's it. Removed GFWL, used some .dll that fixed the issue for some people but nope, nada.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To follow up on my image pack that removes the big picture mode button, I have made a special JaseC edition available here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q08e56

For those of you who do not wish to download it, here is what it does:

icQHg2pC7oB0G.gif

not a joke. file really works.

ohyouvhfsk.jpg

(I downloaded it.)

Hey, I just noticed... GTA: Vice City is back on Steam for sale.

So it is!

Edit: "New Audio AU". Did R* replace the removed audio with region-specific tracks?

I think I'm just gonna forget about Fallout 3 GOTY. It used to work well, then it just crashes on launch and that's it. Removed GFWL, used some .dll that fixed the issue for some people but nope, nada.

Is it dying on the launcher? Click play and crash? I used to have that issue with Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I had to manually delete an .ini file in myDocuments in the Fallout 3 and New Vegas folders before I launched the game, every single time I wanted to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom