• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I won't be surprised if Valve doesn't give a shit about LoL being competition though.
They're always open about stuff that way.
Valve doesn't strike me as that type of company. They might just think, "let the better game win!".
Eh, I don't trust companies, even Valve, to be nice.

I just assumed they wouldn't host their MOBA competition but thinking about it, I'm sure Valve would love getting their hands on some of that skins dollars...

legacy of kain games on steam! fantastic. too much money though for such old games (and i already have them.) i will pick them up when they go on sale.

they need to put up blood omen asap though.

IDK, I'd be more inclined to trust GoG on such older games. Even if the executables are identical, GoG has all the nifty extras, plus as much as I like Valve I think GoG deserves more credit for making the vintage PC game market viable again.

Grief.exe

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out.
I'll have to play with a little bit of the window showing but it's basically full screen.
Thanks so much for the help, seriously just knowing how to start it in window was a godsend.

I played it over the summer and I had no problems. I would check steam forums and wide screen gaming and see how it works.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
IDK, I'd be more inclined to trust GoG on such older games. Even if the executables are identical, GoG has all the nifty extras, plus as much as I like Valve I think GoG deserves more credit for making the vintage PC game market viable again.

Yes, they made it viable and they get 6+ months exclusive periods for selling these games digitally.

pilonv1

I bought a copy of FTL from their website to give to someone but they already had it. I have 41+hrs on FTL already through Steam. Thought I'd see if I could put the code in Steam and it would drop it in my inventory. Instead it registered it for me, despite already owning it. Any idea what happened?

Not too worried because it's only $6, but still a bit frustrating.

mannerbot

I bought a copy of FTL from their website to give to someone but they already had it. I have 41+hrs on FTL already through Steam. Thought I'd see if I could put the code in Steam and it would drop it in my inventory. Instead it registered it for me, despite already owning it. Any idea what happened?

I don't think that it ate your code, just told you that you already had one. You can give that code to me to see if it's still unredeemed! :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

You can't redeem it and put it in your inventory. You have to give the key to someone else

p.s. i don't have FTL tsc tsc

You sure it did that and you weren't just hitting yes a few times and it went ahead and started the game/installed? It doesn't use the key if it does that. Plus you can't put games from keys in your inventory.

pilonv1

You can't redeem it and put it in your inventory. You have to give the key to someone else

p.s. i don't have FTL tsc tsc

tsc tsc wario

You sure it did that and you weren't just hitting yes a few times and it went ahead and started the game/installed? It doesn't use the key if it does that. Plus you can't put games from keys in your inventory.

This is probably likely, but I did see the screen pop up where it tells you what game you're activating. Although it does say that this game is owned with this product key.

Will give the key to someone else and see if they can use it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You're playing with fire, Stallion. The spirit energies that call themselves Wario64 can only be teased and prodded so much before they affix their gaze onto the soft fleshy body of a neogaf poster.

jediyoshi

thanks again to lowrider007 for titan quest. been trying it out, nifty so far. graphics hold up pretty well. on the look out for mods though, ui is not friendly to 1440p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom