• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytizer

Neo Member
This was just the perfect time for my pc 360 wireless receiver to fry. I found some instructions on either soldering over the fuse (kinda scary) or replacing it (pretty tough). Have any of you guys done it? I figure if I only plug it in while I'm using it I should be safe. Stupid things fail ALL the time. If you have one that hadn't failed yet I highly recommend unplugging it when not in use.

I'm kinda bummed a lot of the greenlight games are turning out to be MP only. I don't think the community is going to support those for very long. Bring back the SP or bots at least!

I have done the soldering thing to my receiver- never soldered anything before, it was really really easy to do. Grab a kit from eBay, shouldn't cost more than $6 or 7 and about 10 minutes of time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're playing with fire, Stallion. The spirit energies that call themselves Wario64 can only be teased and prodded so much before they affix their gaze onto the soft fleshy body of a neogaf poster.
Weren't they robots? All this time I've been believing a lie!

As much as I feel sorry for them this should teach indie devs that putting retarded DRM in your games won't do you any favours.

Sadly, it won't.

1-D_FTW

I guess it works if you're Notch. But unless you've won the design lottery, no. It's a net loss.

And that's a special kind of shitty client. When you download updates, unless you wanna go really slow, you need to engage in P2P activity.

Have to wonder why a game that just released days ago is already selling for 80% off. I doubt a DRM backlash can have such a drastic effect.

Echoplx

I think $20 is just too high a price point for an indie game, regardless of it's quality, especially for a niche title like Miner Wars.

While we're on the topic though, what does it play like? I spent like 80 hours in Evochron Mercenary MP with friends so if it's anything like that I may pick it up.

1-D_FTW

I think $20 is just too high a price point for an indie game, regardless of it's quality, especially for a niche title like Miner Wars.

While we're on the topic though, what does it play like? I spent like 80 hours in Evochron Mercenary MP with friends so if it's anything like that I may pick it up.

You can download the demo on their website if you wanna try for yourself.

Haven't played it myself but I did look at the Steam forum for the game. Apparently it's like Descent and seemingly unfinished/beta.

Too many deals from non-steam-sites

I hope for Dark Souls for 10€,Borderlands 2 Season Pass for 10-15€ and NS2 for 12€ till the end of the year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I feel sorry for them this should teach indie devs that putting retarded DRM in your games won't do you any favours.

Sadly, it won't.
What happened with the DRM for that game? I'm missing something here.

Also, which game are we talking about again?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What happened with the DRM for that game? I'm missing something here.

Also, which game are we talking about again?

Miner Wars 2081. It uses an always-on DRM system.

It's understandable when a company like Ubisoft does it because they have a corporate policy of "fuck you, asshole." But when a small indie does it, it kind of runs counter to what indie development is all about.

Spayro

Someone just gifted me Hitman Absolution for no reason at all. dat shit cray.

anyway, 3 DOTA invites to give away, if there's still someone who doesn't have that game yet..

Saw this:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/my/en/pc/games/action/dishonored-dunwall-city-trials/

Do you guys think a Dishonored sale will be just around the corner?

Can't wait for it, it's the only game I want from the upcoming winter sales, but I'll take it if it's 40-50% off.

It went on sale for about $22.00 off of Green Man Gaming last month (with a voucher). And I believe it was $30 off during the Steam Autumn sale. So I would very much expect it to go 50% off or better during the winter sales. (Totally worth it, by the way. My game of the year.)

Speaking of, the Dunwall City Trials comes out next Tuesday, but you can preorder it on GMG right now. I threw in this voucher, and got it for $3.75: GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom