• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The combat might be better in American Nightmare, but Alan Wake is a much better game overall. American Nightmare just like sucked everything great about the first game out.

Would you, in fact, suggest that the game... became a Nightmare?

The combat might be better in American Nightmare, but Alan Wake is a much better game overall. American Nightmare just like sucked everything great about the first game out.

Nah. Doppelgänger Alan was a great if not perfect Antagonist. And overall it felt more like Tarantino instead of King.

Addnan

Far Cry 3 and AC3 are up on UK steam :D.

Tempted to buy and just skip sales all together, or wait for a further small discount perhaps during the sale. Hmm.

While I love Tarantino, he is not what I was looking for in a follow up to Alan Wake really.

Yeah but thats why its just a Spin off/XBLA/Small game and not a full priced title. They needed to change the pace and the style of the game for a smaller game. Im sure AW2 will be much more like AW1 then AA:AN.

TheBez

Bought Don't Starve but the person I was going to sell it too backed out, if you're interested in PM me. $6 paypal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah but thats why its just a Spin off/XBLA/Small game and not a full priced title. They needed to change the pace and the style of the game for a smaller game. Im sure AW2 will be much more like AW1 then AA:AN.

It progresses the over-arching narrative though. It's not a spin off if it's required reading.

Forkball

FTL is a lot of fun. It is fairly simple, yet there's a lot you can do and focus on. I actually did pretty well the second try, and since I've ranged from getting to sector 4 to dying in about five minutes.

mr2xxx

Banned
Trying to use big picture mode on windows 8 but it keeps saying it can't do it because I have windows compatability mode on but I don't. Any suggestions?

steampowered.png

Yup, Steam is nicely fast on my internet connection at home, don't get these speeds often enough though.

Already bought Sine Mora on the Vita, but the sales price on Steam was too good to ignore. Great game, even if you don't like bullet hell shooters. I'm going to try if it will run in stereoscopic 3D.

G-Fex

Warhammer : Space marine is great, and beautiful.

Man, I must not have been playing new PC games cause i'm impressed by them.

zkylon

zkylewd
Holy shit I love arcade mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Should I buy the original Alan Wake too?
I'll add my approval for Alan Wake. It has all those little quirks from Max Payne, mixed with a Stephen King/Twin Peaks surreal story and pretty visuals, great use of licensed music, etc. The combat is fun for the most part, but the pacing can get a bit draggy, specially in the middle part of the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
guys anyone think there a chance for Dark Souls to go down to 9.99 for the winter sale.
On Steam itself? I don't think so.

From another retailer, like Amazon or GMG with a coupon, during the same time? More likely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Warhammer : Space marine is great, and beautiful.

Man, I must not have been playing new PC games cause i'm impressed by them.
Worth 7 bucks and a half? Even when it has shitloads of DLC?

I'll add my approval for Alan Wake. It has all those little quirks from Max Payne, mixed with a Stephen King/Twin Peaks surreal story and pretty visuals, great use of licensed music, etc. The combat is fun for the most part, but the pacing can get a bit draggy, specially in the middle part of the game.
I tried it on a friend's Xbox and it didn't click with me. It's a shame, because I wanted to play it for a long time. The combat felt boring, and the gameplay was repetitive. I liked the setting and feeling, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy playing through the entire game. That's why I'm wary about spending $10 on the franchise pack.

Tizoc

@Rionaa- Space Marine is worth it IMO. it's combat is simple and basic, but is very fun.
Let me re-post what I wrote in another thread:
YOU PLAY AS AN 8 FOOT TALL SPACE MARINE, WHO CUTS UP HORDES OF ORKS WITH A FRIGGIN' CHAINSAW SWORD, AND AN ASSORTMENT OF WMD GUNS! AND IF THE CHAINSAW SWORD ISN'T ENOUGH, YOU GET TO USE A FRIGGIN' BIG-ASS HAMMER AND CAN LAUNCH YOURSELF INTO THE AIR TO DELIVER DEATH FROM ABOVE ON DOZENS OF ORKS. YOUR SNIPER RIFLE AND SHOTGUN ARE EFFIN' LASER GUNS.
Cover? COVER IS FOR THE WEAK, YOU WANT TO RECOVER YOUR HEALTH YOU RUN UP TO THE UNLUCKY ORK IN VIEW, STUN THE SUMBITCH AND FRIGGIN' EXECUTE HIM! YOU KILL TO LIVE!

Anyone noticed since last week a lot of Games got updated, which didnt receive much updates lately?

Or am I already seeing things because of the upcoming Winter Sale?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC is all related to multiplayer/the horde mode. Singleplayer is like 99% unaffected by it.
Fine with me. I'm planning on playing the campaing alone, and then do some co-op with a friend who has the game (the game has an online co-op mode, right?.

If u like to beat goblins to death then yeah it is worth every penny.
Yeah, I played 15 minutes at said friend's house and enjoyed it. Just wasn't sure if the price was right, but it seems so. Maybe I'll get it, yes.

Nabs

Anyone noticed since last week a lot of Games got updated, which didnt receive much updates lately?

Or am I already seeing things because of the upcoming Winter Sale?

Some games were updated for Big Picture Mode. Other games were converted to the new content system when you updated to the latest Steam client.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
@Rionaa- Space Marine is worth it IMO. it's combat is simple and basic, but is very fun.
Let me re-post what I wrote in another thread:
YOU PLAY AS AN 8 FOOT TALL SPACE MARINE, WHO CUTS UP HORDES OF ORKS WITH A FRIGGIN' CHAINSAW SWORD, AND AN ASSORTMENT OF WMD GUNS! AND IF THE CHAINSAW SWORD ISN'T ENOUGH, YOU GET TO USE A FRIGGIN' BIG-ASS HAMMER AND CAN LAUNCH YOURSELF INTO THE AIR TO DELIVER DEATH FROM ABOVE ON DOZENS OF ORKS. YOUR SNIPER RIFLE AND SHOTGUN ARE EFFIN' LASER GUNS.
Cover? COVER IS FOR THE WEAK, YOU WANT TO RECOVER YOUR HEALTH YOU RUN UP TO THE UNLUCKY ORK IN VIEW, STUN THE SUMBITCH AND FRIGGIN' EXECUTE HIM! YOU KILL TO LIVE!
My gaming boner has raised after reading this post. I WANT IT.

Oh, and let me tell you: you'd be a great PR guy! Maybe you could land a job at IGN as a games reviewer :p

Tizoc

My gaming boner has raised after reading this post. I WANT IT.

Oh, and let me tell you: you'd be a great PR guy! Maybe you could land a job at IGN as a games reviewer :p

Heh I'd say I got lucky with that one, but don't expect a lot of depth to the combat and gameplay like say Bayonetta or DMC, but you CAN expect is to smile everytime you kill those blasted Orks in the many and simple ways.
By the time you finish the game you'll WANT to be a Space Marine.

Tizoc

Does Space Marine only have upgrades for MP mode, or does it always have upgrade-able things in SP (like Darksiders)?

Well as you play through Campaign mode you upgrade your main 2 guns, and can gain access to additional guns (LASER SHOTGUN AND LASER SNIPER) and 2 melee weapons. You can swap 2 guns and your main melee weapon in later chapters.

Nabs

Dead Pixels - $2.99

A toxic waste spill finds its way into the water supply, causing the recently deceased to rise
from their graves. Now it's up to you to blast your way through the hordes of undead if you're
going to escape the city. On the way to your rescue, you'll search stores and houses for
supplies, and trade with other survivors.

With three game modes, hundreds of items, weapons and grenades, and a city that is never
the same twice, there is always something new hiding round the corner in Dead Pixels.

When the Dead Start Walking, It's Time to Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom