• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

I don't even see a Gamespot Black Friday episode for today :(
Yeah that's why I've been so scarce :( I've been working on getting the show together, unfortunately we had to cancel the show. Lamesauce.

Cheers,
Tony

No Friday Amazon/Steam deals today. :(

On a separate note, I wish I had known about Miner Wars 2081's always on DRM for multiplayer AND singleplayer, not to mention the developer's ridiculous responses to the furor about it, before I bought it on GMG. I have also seen numerous comments about the lack of sandbox gameplay, which is directly at odds with their earlier youtube videos and descriptions. Even at only $3.75 I would have skipped buying it until these issues were dealt with. :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
No Friday Amazon/Steam deals today. :(

On a separate note, I wish I had known about Miner Wars 2081's always on DRM for multiplayer AND singleplayer, not to mention the developer's ridiculous responses to the furor about it, before I bought it on GMG. I have also seen numerous comments about the lack of sandbox gameplay, which is directly at odds with their earlier youtube videos and descriptions. Even at only $3.75 I would have skipped buying it until these issues were dealt with. :(

Yeah I was disappointed with the really limited itemization and anything outside following the storyline feeling pointless and barebones. It's still better than Galaxy on Fire 2 HD but that isn't saying much I guess.

If someone is interested.

Playblink (some kind of Steamgifts) has some kind of giveaway and of course with a referral. They have some good games though. Here is the list.

Mafia II, Saints Row: The Third, The Darkness II, Titan Quest, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™, Men of War™, Cryostasis™, Velvet Assassin, Legendary, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Hearts of Iron 2 Complete, Alien Breed 2: Assault, Alien Breed 3: Descent, Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition, Knights of Honor, Elven Legacy, East India Company, Majesty 2, Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror, Insecticide Part 1, Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon, Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, The Kings' Crusade, Post Mortem, Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood, Commander: Conquest of the Americas, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Fantasy Wars, Worms Crazy Golf, Worms, Worms Blast, Worms Pinball, Stellar Impact, Anna

Mafia 2 and Darkness 2 as well as Deus Ex are kinda interesting. If anyone would use my referall, I would be glad. Though I only would like Darkness 2.

http://go.playblink.com/Sharillon

On another note, I still have a Bit.Trip Runner Copy, if anyone needs it :)

cicero

Yeah I was disappointed with the really limited itemization and anything outside following the storyline feeling pointless and barebones. It's still better than Galaxy on Fire 2 HD but that isn't saying much I guess.
I am really hoping that this game wasn't just a minor forgettable stepping stone in their effort to get to an ultimate goal of a Miner Wars MMO. I don't mind them having an MMO in mind, I just really dislike seeing how everything is now activated on THEIR servers alone and not seeing the formerly promised sandbox gameplay. The somewhat cynical suspicious part of me wonders if these issues aren't intentional and ultimately serving that MMO goal.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I just installed NOLF (not from Steam obviously). Only played the second one before. What can I expect GAF?
You know what, I think you've inspired me to install it as well. I never got very far and haven't played the second one, but I feel like I'm really missing out...

nexen

So I just installed NOLF (not from Steam obviously). Only played the second one before. What can I expect GAF?

Mindbending awesome. But I haven't played it since it was released.

I didn't like NOLF2 at all, but NOLF is one of my all-time favorite games. Hope it holds up.

edit: I want to install it now too. I wish GOG would get it. I think it is in licensing hell though.

didamangi

You probably know this having played the 2nd one but take your time around guards when sneaking around, some of their dialogues is hilarious if you listen to their full conversation.

1-D_FTW

In some ways the original was better, but I thought 2 was a lot more polished. And I kind of enjoyed the leveling system. So, overall, I liked 2 better.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's some sort of horde mode which is "shitty worthless co-op" in my book.
And now the boner is dead, thank you very much :(

Heh I'd say I got lucky with that one, but don't expect a lot of depth to the combat and gameplay like say Bayonetta or DMC, but you CAN expect is to smile everytime you kill those blasted Orks in the many and simple ways.
By the time you finish the game you'll WANT to be a Space Marine.
Yeah, from what little I played, what it lacked in depth it made up in sheer fun.

I tried out Space Marine's coop with a few randoms, it was always laggy as fuck for me. Be different with friends, I guess, but it wasn't a worthwhile mode to play based off of what I tried. Seemed like more of a tacked on marketing bullet point than anything else.

Arsenic

Soo, I'm trying to clear some of my backlog before this seal appears and steals all of my fish - er- money. Problem is I have no idea where to start, and I have a huge variety of games. Halp me GAF.

Also, how does one join the GAF group? I'm sure that'll encourage more PC gaming time for me.

Santiako

Soo, I'm trying to clear some of my backlog before this seal appears and steals all of my fish - er- money. Problem is I have no idea where to start, and I have a huge variety of games. Halp me GAF.

Also, how does one join the GAF group? I'm sure that'll encourage more PC gaming time for me.

You can use howlongtobeat.com and start with the shorter games.

Post your Steam ID and I'll send you an invite to the group.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

What, do you actually play the games you buy? GUYS, LOOK HERE, WE FOUND SOMEONE WHO PLAYS THE GAMES HE BUYS! LET'S ALL POINT AT HIM AND LAUGH.

Btw, is it possible to gift a US only game like Rocket Knight to a EU person or does that not work?

also: I had imagined Sine mora to be a little bigger in terms of levels. Nice game though.

Caerith

Just the blood and death screams. Removed, I mean. They're not replaced with fairy dust and quacking ducks.
That's a shame. About the fairy dust and quacking ducks I mean.

A backloggery.com account might help you stay organized and on track, or it might just depress you. I'd also recommend that you start with the adventure game genre-- the games might be longer, but you'll make consistent progress and finish them relatively easily. As opposed to a game like Jamestown, which HLTB clocks at 2 hours 44 minutes but is hard enough that some people never actually finish it.

Very specifically, start with Telltale games. Sam & Max (16 games!), Back to the Future (5 games!), The Walking Dead (I still count it as 5 games!), and bam, there goes a nice chunk of your backlog. Assuming you own any Telltale games.

1-D_FTW

/\/\

BttF looks like a good candidate for the "Try, Cry, and Fry" initiative. So I agree it could yield a quick reduction to the backlog.

Blizzard

Banned
I probably wouldn't have bought it, but someone just gifted me Don't Starve. :D It looks interesting -- has anyone tried it? Apparently there was already a beta.

Taffer

KoT0k.jpg

Can't find the actual thread that's from, but I remember reading it (that post) before GW2 launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom