• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Whelp, just finished Hotline Miami in one sitting.

- One freeze while loading one of the chapters, but otherwise no technical issues
- Personally didn't have any issues with the visual effects that some people have gotten nauseous from
- Playthough clocked in at around 5 hours with a snack break in between
- Kind of game that sucks you in and you keep right on trying after each death
- Some of the collision detection needs work, especially at point blank
- Certain cutscenes are unskippable - very annoying to have to keep watching them after each death
- People who can't appreciate Tarrantino films may be put off by the graphic violence

I liked it a lot, but I did feel like I was fighting the controls somewhat. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it almost feels like the game has autoaiming (I don't mean the scroll wheel), where the game is trying to wrest control of the reticle away from me when it's near an enemy. Or maybe it's the huge pixels that causes aiming to jump and not be smooth.

Game Guru

KoT0k.jpg

Can't find the actual thread that's from, but I remember reading it (that post) before GW2 launched

Funny thing is that like every other game released on Steam is an MMO now.

Arsenic

That's a shame. About the fairy dust and quacking ducks I mean.

A backloggery.com account might help you stay organized and on track, or it might just depress you. I'd also recommend that you start with the adventure game genre-- the games might be longer, but you'll make consistent progress and finish them relatively easily. As opposed to a game like Jamestown, which HLTB clocks at 2 hours 44 minutes but is hard enough that some people never actually finish it.

Very specifically, start with Telltale games. Sam & Max (16 games!), Back to the Future (5 games!), The Walking Dead (I still count it as 5 games!), and bam, there goes a nice chunk of your backlog. Assuming you own any Telltale games.

I have none of the games you mentioned. I own a lot of titles from the 2010 - 2011 sales, so im missing out on the awesome that TWD is. I vowed not to purchase anything for the past year, and while i mostly did okay, I haven't played the games either to clear backlog :(.

So yeah, Ill try the smaller, shorter games. Then the adventure ones. thanks for the advice!

(Some one get me to the neogaf group please! syndicatestm)

Oh my fucking God.
While looking some stuff up for my review of Spec Ops: The Line, I discovered that Christopher "Kid" Reid voiced one of the main characters.
Kid! From Kid n' Play! Holy shit!

Bruce Boxleitner is in it too! HOLY BALLS!
FUCKING TRON.

BRB losing my shit.

EDIT: Oh FUCK Dark Souls 2!

Joe Molotov

"Valve has some new business terms that will keep almost all new MMOs off Steam."

Except for, you know, how there's a new one on there almost every week.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my fucking God.
While looking some stuff up for my review of Spec Ops: The Line, I discovered that Christopher "Kid" Reid voiced one of the main characters.
Kid! From Kid n' Play! Holy shit!

Bruce Boxleitner is in it too! HOLY BALLS!
FUCKING TRON.

BRB losing my shit.
I still haven't finished the game. Died 2 or 3 times at a point late in the game, and I don't feel like replaying that part now, so I'm calling it a day.

I wonder if my decisions have an effect on the story. Will have to replay it to know for sure.

Caerith

/\/\

BttF looks like a good candidate for the "Try, Cry, and Fry" initiative. So I agree it could yield a quick reduction to the backlog.
Admittedly, it's not Telltale's strongest offering. But given how short each episode is, you might as well Beat and Delete.

Nabs

bought and redeemed ravaged cause the demo's stuck in my library
annnnd

S3icL.jpg

decide to play it anyway, and then

54CaU.jpg

haha. please let me know if it's the full version. I "bought" it a week or two ago when it was free for the same exact reason.

Ledsen

//

BttF looks like a good candidate for the "Try, Cry, and Fry" initiative. So I agree it could yield a quick reduction to the backlog.

I don't know. I played 1,5 episodes and really didn't like it, even though the movies are childhood favorites. The nostalgia didn't help.

WTF.

I just found out what Brazen is. And the thing is I can't even look at the page in my region. How much is it? Or is it just a demo for now? :(

I also have two keys for Brazen and one key for Bit.Trip Runner.

If anyone wants one, quote me. I will send a PM, so at least we have people who can say thanks ;)

I just found out what Brazen is. And the thing is I can't even look at the page in my region. How much is it? Or is it just a demo for now? :(

It is a "prototype" Game from Double Fine. In alpha-status now.

Whoa, thanks- shall pick it up! I played it on the 360/with a friend. It was rough, but an enjoyable romp.

No, wait sorry! I was wrong, it's not Steamworks. I'm still trying to get clarification on it.

Gah, what the heck. My bad, the retail version doesn't even activate on Steam. Weird...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just got my new graphics card this morning - could wait to spend the weekend devouring some of my backlog, all feet up from work.

Wake up to find my Steam account hijacked. Fuck my weekend.

How long does this take to get sorted these days? I was attacked via my email and I've secured that. Bastard went through and took my Origin and UPlay account stuff too and changed all that.

Not the weekend I was hoping for. =/

didamangi

Just got my new graphics card this morning - could wait to spend the weekend devouring some of my backlog, all feet up from work.

Wake up to find my Steam account hijacked. Fuck my weekend.

How long does this take to get sorted these days? I was attacked via my email and I've secured that. Bastard went through and took my Origin and UPlay account stuff too and changed all that.

Not the weekend I was hoping for. =/

Sorry to hear that. If you're using gmail it's a pretty good idea to use their 2 step verification to prevent this from happening again.

Also, according to steam's support page here, be prepared to give them some proof of your purcahse too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sorry to hear that. If you're using gmail it's a pretty good idea to use their 2 step verification to prevent this from happening again.

Also, according to steam's support page here, be prepared to give them some proof of your purcahse too.

Yeah, I've got all that done. I had my account stolen over 3 years ago and that took a painful five days.

Wondering if it's any faster now - I'd hate to spend the weekend checking the support ticket rather than actually playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom