• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
But what about all the old info? You have to use Google cache to access that now.

I guess it's not a big deal, but an archive would have been nice regardless.

Most of it gets transferred over when people ask the same questions again for fixing stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
But what about all the old info? You have to use Google cache to access that now.

I guess it's not a big deal, but an archive would have been nice regardless.
I agree that having the answers archived would be nice. I think that was the plan, so maybe they will come back online if it's just a maintenance outage.

Sober

Maybe people should compile those solutions into PCGamingWiki so it won't be lost forever, or at least make it a bit easier to find.

Amzin

I grabbed Lego Batman 2 for ~$5.60 off GMG, it uses capsule instead of steam, but no achievements so I can live with that to play it with my wife :p

Can't wait until Winter Seal though. Been plowing through games lately and want Dishonered/Sleeping Dogs!

Maybe people should compile those solutions into PCGamingWiki so it won't be lost forever, or at least make it a bit easier to find.

Yes it would help, but be a huge undertaking.

Q3cVo.png

I love this xkcd comic. We have all been there.

Tomodachi

I don't know if this is well known here, but I'll just post it anyway for those who don't know. You can launch Big Picture Mode by holding down the guide button on your 360 controller for about 5 seconds. Steam doesn't even have to be the active window.
Very nice find, thank you. In one of the very first beta release it sufficed to press the home button just once to launch BPM, even with Steam minimized. Then later releases lost that function so I thought it was gone for gone, while I only had to hold it for 5 seconds. Neat, very useful, thanks again.

Let me guess: you got stuck ascending the shaft. Near the top where it that suggests you go one way, but the timing is so extremely narrow that it makes you want to break things? Then you go to Youtube for help and find out there's a much, much easier path?

I loved all the levels, but the T-Rex and Centaurs can go burn. Thank you Youtube.

Is that the shaft where you have to shoot switches as you ascend it but every time you activate one two flying enemies appear and spam you with fireballs until you fall off? Awful.

Ledsen

I just had the urge to buy RE4.

Hey, UBI, why no RE4 on Steam? Is it because of Capcom? Hey Capcom, why no RE4 on Steam? Settle this, gentlemen. I'd like to replay this in 3D if you don't mind.

Don't get the PC version. Even with mods, it looks and sounds like complete shit. Some of the mods are also very complicated to use and some are nearly impossible to find (like the complete set of high-res cinematics, then even when you find them they will probably stutter like crazy due to bad encoding). It's not worth it.

Tomodachi

I love this updating uPlay mini-game in Far Cry 3.
Don't get me started. Every time I launch AC:Revs is a pain, they update that thing at least once a week now and it's always slow as hell (yeah, I launch AC once a week, boring shit is boring).

Thanks Ubisoft, we really needed yet another game launcher/store/whatever and its updates.

Don't get me started. Every time I launch AC:Revs is a pain, they update that thing at least once a week now and it's always slow as hell (yeah, I launch AC once a week, boring shit is boring).

Thanks Ubisoft, we really needed yet another game launcher/store/whatever and its updates.

That's actually stopping me from getting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PC. Heard so much bad things about that crap.

Best thing was Ubisoft blaming piracy for poor Assassin's Creed PC sales when honestly, it's probably largely the DRM's fault. Skyrim sold a bloody lot on the PC for god's sake.

Rufus

Is that the shaft where you have to shoot switches as you ascend it but every time you activate one two flying enemies appear and spam you with fireballs until you fall off? Awful.
Yes. Fuck that part. Nearly didn't finish the game because of it. Thank you, Youtube.

Tomodachi

That's actually stopping me from getting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the PC. Heard so much bad things about that crap.

Best thing was Ubisoft blaming piracy for poor Assassin's Creed PC sales when honestly, it's probably largely the DRM's fault. Skyrim sold a bloody lot on the PC for god's sake.
I like how they recently acknowledged the fact that those DRMs were part of the problem, then launched uplay as it is now, the most invasive thing ever that even breaks BPM. A job well done Ubi. Please kill me if I ever buy another game from them.

1-D_FTW

Guess enough people are against the PC version of RE4 that I'll forget it.

Yes it would help, but be a huge undertaking.

Q3cVo.png

I love this xkcd comic. We have all been there.

I've been worse. I thought it was going to end with the one search result being from yourself. That's happened to me a couple times. Where I get all excited I finally found the answer, and then realize it's linking to something I posted, where I'm asking for help on it.

PaulLFC

While they won't give out Steam keys, Get Games are doing a 2 for £10 promotion on Ubisoft games (EU only I think):

Anno 2070
Settlers 7
Heroes of Might and Magic VI
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Driver San Francisco
Rayman Origins

You can also get all 6 of them for £20 if you prefer. Link

I'm really tempted to get Anno and Settlers - they're both still £24.99 on Steam, so even at 75% off they'd be more expensive.

The only thing is the expansions - they're all 50% off at the Ubi store, so basically Anno and its expansion would be £15.

If they both went 75% off on Steam they'd be £11.25. Is it likely Anno would get a 75% sale? For anyone who's played it, is the Deep Ocean expansion worth it?

MRORANGE

Right I've realized I'm completely broke for Christmas steam sale, I need to save at least £140 in less than two weeks currently I have less than half of that, so if I skip lunch for the next two weeks I can make back £70, I could just use the money from next year but it will to be too late for the Christmas sale.

.....might start packing peanut butter sandwiches now.

MNC

My paycheck is so ready for the sales. Dark Souls, Walking Dead, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, HERE I COME!

bigace33

Right I've realized I'm completely broke for Christmas steam sale, I need to save at least £140 in less than two weeks currently I have less than half of that, so if I skip lunch for the next two weeks I can make back £70, I could just use the money from next year but it will to be too late for the Christmas sale.

Bro, eat lunch. I'm almost 100% certain that Gaffers will gift you some nice games during the sale. Food > games any day of the week.

Milamber

I just don't have breakfast at all. Just my free office morning coffee.

My steam wallet method is at every end of the month, I see what I have left and I add $5 to $10 and sometimes the rare $25 to my account, mostly it's $5.

Usually I hit $50~$75 by the Autumn/Winter sales and capping just under $150 by the Summer sale.

Twinduct

Ask yourself, what would Gaben do?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Guess enough people are against the PC version of RE4 that I'll forget it.
There are better versions to play, but *millions* of people were just fine playing the PS2 version and the PC version is just that in HD with perfect image quality (and the same 240p cutscenes lol).

I really don't think it's *that* bad in a pinch since it won't have a couple of the Dolphin glitches and it certainly won't be as demanding as Dolphin for getting 60 fps (30 frames per eye, the games games cap).

1-D_FTW

Yes! The only thing more annoying is finding the post and seeing that it was edited to add "Nevermind, fixed it".....and then nothing.

Which is why I'll always edit in a solution in really pesky situations. I figure if only one person ever reads it in a google search, it's still worth the effort.

MRORANGE

My paycheck is so ready for the sales. Dark Souls, Walking Dead, Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, HERE I COME!

wat, you should own these games already.
I don't own Dishonored.

Bro, eat lunch. I'm almost 100% certain that Gaffers will gift you some nice games during the sale. Food > games any day of the week.

Meh, i'm used to skipping meals so this isn't anything new, then again I rarely have a chance to play games anymore.

I just don't have breakfast at all. Just my free office morning coffee.

My steam wallet method is at every end of the month, I see what I have left and I add $5 to $10 and sometimes the rare $25 to my account, mostly it's $5.

Usually I hit $50~$75 by the Autumn/Winter sales and capping just under $150 by the Summer sale.

Yeah I'll probably have to use steam wallet quite soon otherwise I'll spend it on iOS apps.

Ask yourself, what would Gaben do?

funny saying that, I had dream in which Gabe Newell started offering cash loans on Steam - for games of course.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

How did I almost miss this gem.

Real life Steam thread issues up in here.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How did I almost miss this gem.

Real life Steam thread issues up in here.

I have the reverse problem. Money to spend, but there aren't many games that I want to buy and I'm feeling pretty content with what I have. Wait... that's not a problem at all. Sweet.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have the reverse problem. Money to spend, but there aren't many games that I want to buy and I'm feeling pretty content with what I have. Wait... that's not a problem at all. Sweet.

Wouldn't the reverse be:

Right I've realized I'm completely broke for Christmas dinner, I need to save at least £140 in less than two weeks currently I have less than half of that, so if I skip daily deals for the next two weeks I can make back £70, I could just use the money from next year but it will to be too late for the Christmas dinner.

.....might stick to buying shitty indie bundles for now (1$).

Screw your non-existent money problems, and go get me Dishonored to repent.

Saving up some for Winter Sales, but there's only 1, 2 games that I actually want to buy. So wondering if all this meal skimping is worth it.

DTKT

Screw your non-existent money problems, and go get me Dishonored to repent.

Saving up some for Winter Sales, but there's only 1, 2 games that I actually want to buy. So wondering if all this meal skimping is worth it.

Don't skip meals and essential stuff in order to buy games.

Please don't, that's not healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom