• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raffle Time

Giving away

First Key 2x Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Second Key 2x Saints Row: The Third

Third Key 1x Titan Quest

If you want the first key. Just PM me saying "I'd like the First Key" and so on for the others.

Only apply for one key and if you have most of the games in the first key, please leave it for others.

Since this is at the end of a page, I'm going to bump it in the new page, to keep things fair.

Closing time is 30 minutes after this post. Which will be 11:42PM in the UK. The winners will be picked out of complete random.

EDIT: Guessing everyone already grabbed the bundle? Would have expected one PM by now.

EDIT2: 8 Minutes left. Two Entries for the third key, none for the others.

EDIT3: Closed. Will post the winners here within 2 minutes.

EDIT4: MNC wins Key 3 and 28 Posts Later wins Key 1.

Only had 3 entries =O

I would have gone for Saints Row 3, but I just woke up. Darn different timezones.

Don't get me started. Every time I launch AC:Revs is a pain, they update that thing at least once a week now and it's always slow as hell (yeah, I launch AC once a week, boring shit is boring).

Thanks Ubisoft, we really needed yet another game launcher/store/whatever and its updates.

The client is slow to update, slow to launch and even then far Cry 3 requires you to log-in to the game as well before it loads to the main menu. Loading friend lists (my uPlay one is unpopulated), leaderboard scores that I don't give a fuck about and various lists for a multiplayer mode I will never touch, it's slow in general and one of the things I find off-putting about Far Cry 3.

Grief.exe

The client is slow to update, slow to launch and even then far Cry 3 requires you to log-in to the game as well before it loads to the main menu. Loading friend lists (my uPlay one is unpopulated), leaderboard scores that I don't give a fuck about and various lists for a multiplayer mode I will never touch, it's slow in general and one of the things I find off-putting about Far Cry 3.

Would using a cracked .exe remove this problem? Does Steam still patch the game or does Uplay?

Let me know whether this is against the ToS talking about this. Kind of a moral grey area, you own the game legitimately, using a cracked .exe lets you use it the way you see fit.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well, the only ones out of the 1st Key games I don't already have is Red Faction: Armageddon and the two CoH add-ons, so the others would go to waste.

Oh fer Christ's sake, why wouldn't the page update when I wanted it to?

Does anyone recommend Saints Row 3 DLC? I've played most of the game and have enjoyed it and noticed there is a ton on DLC for it. Should I bother?

Caerith

Does anyone recommend Saints Row 3 DLC? I've played most of the game and have enjoyed it and noticed there is a ton on DLC for it. Should I bother?
Season Pass definitely, it actually adds missions. Shark Attack adds a shark gun, Unlockable Pack adds the mission rewards you didn't take, and the rest just add stuff you probably don't need. DLC tends to go on sale during the Steam sales though so you can probably wait two weeks if you haven't had a need for it by now.

Season Pass definitely, it actually adds missions. Shark Attack adds a shark gun, Unlockable Pack adds the mission rewards you didn't take, and the rest just add stuff you probably don't need. DLC tends to go on sale during the Steam sales though so you can probably wait two weeks if you haven't had a need for it by now.

Cool thanks mate. Yep, I'll wait for the sale.

So, how's Intrusion 2 and Rocketbirds? Never heard of either of them.

I've just played 13 minutes of Intrusion 2 and it's a total turd. What you would expect from the trailer: tight contra like action. What you get: none of that and physics getting in the way of fucking everything, including shooting an enemy behind the corpse of the enemy you just killed. Ignore this game.

Rocketbirds has a trail / demo and is effective, but not interesting at all.
Basically it's B-tier XBLA if you need a comparison.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I've just played 13 minutes of Intrusion 2 and it's a total turd. What you would expect from the trailer: tight contra like action. What you get: none of that and physics getting in the way of fucking everything, including shooting an enemy behind the corpse of the enemy you just killed. Ignore this game.

Rocketbirds has a trail / demo and is effective, but not interesting at all.
Basically it's B-tier XBLA if you need a comparison.
I thought Rocketbirds was well done, but it's more adventure/puzzle than action. That doesn't really show in the trailers.

Petrie

Banned
So my little brother just gifted me the Steam version of Castle Crashers, what I'm wondering is if there is any way to say bring in my 360 save stats or anything, as though I'd like to give it a go, I played a ton on 360 and starting from complete scratch doesn't sound all that enjoyable.

Gintoki

So my little brother just gifted me the Steam version of Castle Crashers, what I'm wondering is if there is any way to say bring in my 360 save stats or anything, as though I'd like to give it a go, I played a ton on 360 and starting from complete scratch doesn't sound all that enjoyable.

Nope you can't.

This is about what I was going to say as well.

I think if you were looking at the trailer for Intrusion 2 and thinking tight Contra action then your expectations were a bit off, came across as more of a Metal Slug mixed with some Cortex Command style physics and a bit of jank. I think it's fun for what it is, but I haven't gotten too far in. Music's nothing special though.

Amzin

Cool thanks mate. Yep, I'll wait for the sale.

As an addendum to the SR3 DLC comments, almost everyone recommends AVOIDING the Bloodsucker Pack one. It's the only one (I think) that doesn't come with The Full Package version of the game on Steam, and apparently for good reason. I think it can't be turned off and turns the characters into vampires or something.

Switch uplay to offline mode and you won't have to deal with that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I had to change my Uplay password to play Far Cry 2 last year (it's not required but I believe you need to sign in to obtain the FE bonus content) as while the Uplay website accepted symbols, Far Cry 2's password form did not.

NIN90

I'm feeling charitable right now.

I'm giving out one Borderlands 2 key for the first person that shows me a screenshot of them beating my Waves score of 20mil (it's actually not that impressive) in Survival. I'll go offline in 1 hour but I'll be back in 12 hours so don't get all paranoid when I don't send the PM immediately.

EDIT: KEY IS GONE

763C2A7B78D1C6BE33174C2822D2AB7F688B623B

Nymerio

I don't want to compete and I'm at work so I can only view my uploaded screenshots, but I think I may be able to beat that score.

Do you mind if I add you on steam? My friends score list is so empty :/

Deques

I'm giving out one Borderlands 2 key for the first person that shows me a screenshot of them beating my Waves score of 20mil (it's actually not that impressive) in Survival. I'll go offline in 1 hour but I'll be back in 12 hours so don't get all paranoid when I don't send the PM immediately.

Challenge accepted. got the game, but never tried it yet :D

Thanks for keeping me from studying, that was a lot of fun. Fantastic game!

Everyone play this game! Best twin-stick shooter I've played in ages!
Thanks for BL2 NIN90.

Doing this reminded me how awesome the steam sale achievement hunts were. They NEED to happen again this winter sale. I beg you Garry!

Deques

Thanks for keeping me from studying, that was a lot of fun. Fantastic game!

Everyone play this game! Best twin-stick shooter I've played in ages!
Thanks for BL2 NIN90.

Doing this reminded me how awesome the steam sale achievement hunts were. They NEED to happen again this winter sale. I beg you Garry!

oh well. lost the challenge :p
but i had a good time playing the game. got almost 10 million points

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Chivalry is now 50% off at GreenManGaming.

Also use WINTR-SRVEY-42012 to get it at 8.12 USD

Amazing deal. You guys need to get this, trust me. I don't play a lot of multiplayer games but I've spent almost the entirety to my last two weekends with Chivalry. You'll suck for the first couple hours but once you get a handle on the timing of combat, it's some hilariously fun carnage. It's worth the price of admission just for the scream button.

Any new or current players need to add me (Steam ID's in my profile), I'm on most nights.

Fantastic. Just bought it for £4.95. I nearly bit when it was on the Steam sale, but by that point I'd bought too much already. Besides, I think it was £6.97, so I'm glad I waited and got an extra £2 off. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

Isn't US Dead Island region locked so you can't redeem it in Europe? Or does that not apply for the GOTY version?

*Edit* ahh, did Green Man Gaming supply a Euro code? Didn't notice you'd said it cost you £4.95 not $4.95.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, I may grab Dead Island at that price, too. I have some brosefs that have been waiting to play the game in co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom