• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do any of the Borderlands 2 DLC campaigns increase the inventory limit? 27 slots is pathetically low.

Caerith

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The writing in both games is off-putting, but there's something especially terrible about that shitty little robot that never shuts up. Sorry, Gearbox, but no matter how hard you try to cram him down our throats, Claptrap will never be the lovable mascot you want him to be.
Tell that to the VGAs. Apparently the voice acting in BL2 beats the pants off of The Walking Dead too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do any of the Borderlands 2 DLC campaigns increase the inventory limit? 27 slots is pathetically low.
We could tell you that the DLC removes 20 slots (limiting you to 7) and gives you syphilis and you would still buy them Jasec.

That is how we know you have a problem.

I was surprisingly okay with Claptrap in BL2, but I think that's because he's a bit off to the side and not in a path to intersect me every time I go through town. "Check me out everybody! I'm dancin'! I'm dancin'!" Ugh...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We could tell you that the DLC removes 20 slots (limiting you to 7) and gives you syphilis and you would still buy them Jasec.

If I ever make a game I'm going to have DLC that deletes 1 photo of Saoirse Ronan from your hard drive.

This will be JaseC's ultimate test.

JaseC

I bought the Season Pass while it was (briefly) erroneously priced, so I suppose, technically, you're right. ;)

If I ever make a game I'm going to have DLC that deletes 1 photo of Saoirse Ronan from your hard drive.

This will be JaseC's ultimate test.

Just as well my collection is on my laptop!

morningbus

Just as well my collection is on my laptop!

I've now created this elaborate fantasy where you're preparing for the apocalypse and you keep your collection of photos on your laptop so you're always ready to bug-out to your safe location with them.

JaseC

I've now created this elaborate fantasy where you're preparing for the apocalypse and you keep your collection of photos on your laptop so you're always ready to bug-out to your safe location with them.

With the apocalypse just 10 days away, you could say I've spent the past 16-odd months stockpiling.

In the case of the apocalypse he would just straight up kidnap her.

Oh, that's right, I still need to weave myself a wedding sack.

Nabs

I know people like to cry about VAC, but they just dropped a massive ban hammer on wallhackers in Blops 2. Much respect.

bidaum

Yeah, sorry for the joke, it was obvious :p

I think it will definitely go on sale, it has already been 33% off and even cheaper on amazon (I got it for 20$ but IIRC it's even been 15$ more recently).
Must have missed that sale, I would've grabbed it for $15. Have you played it on PC; wondering how it plays with mouse+keyboard?

morningbus

I know people like to cry about VAC, but they just dropped a massive ban hammer on wallhackers in Blops 2. Much respect.

Wall so hard motherfuckers wanna ban me
First Gaben's gotta find me
What's a VAC ban to a motherfucker like me could you please remind me

Blizzard

Banned
Was it Blops 1 where they banned a bunch of people due to a screwup (developer's fault if I recall correctly) and then apologized by unbanning and giving them Left 4 Dead 2?

Nabs

Was it Blops 1 where they banned a bunch of people due to a screwup (developer's fault if I recall correctly) and then apologized by unbanning and giving them Left 4 Dead 2?

No, that's MW2. They should just ban everyone from that game.

tumblr_m0bekw00H91qitfvdo1_500.gif

JaseC

Must have missed that sale, I would've grabbed it for $15. Have you played it on PC; wondering how it plays with mouse+keyboard?

If I'm not mistaken, not only are the defaults rather unintuitive, but the game lacks keyboard/mouse button prompts, meaning you'll see the X360 variants regardless of your chosen input method. It's most certainly a game you want to play with a controller.

Performed by Nickelback.

Nabs

If I'm not mistaken, not only are the defaults rather unintuitive, but the game lacks keyboard/mouse button prompts, meaning you'll see the X360 variants regardless of your chosen input method. It's most certainly a game you want to play with a controller.

You can mod all of that. Fans came up with a better KB/M solution, and you can replace the prompts with a simple texture mod.

Edit: I can't promise anything with the texture mod actually. Check the DS Nexus for stuff: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com

morningbus

You can mod all of that. Fans came up with a better KB/M solution, and you can replace the prompts with a simple texture mod.

Edit: I can't promise anything with the texture mod actually. Check the DS Nexus for stuff: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com

Here's a link to the keyboard retexture: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/41/?tab=3&navtag=/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=41

Also, if using a controller, make sure to grab the hi-res 360 button replacement mod: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/171

Also the hi-res font mod: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/21

Tomodachi

I sinked 100 hours in the console version (PS3) but I bought it again on PC for the new content and better image quality. I'm playing it right now with a wired 360 pad but I think the PS3 pad suited the game better tbh.

Anyway, as people already told you you can mod the game and add a better kb/m support than the one built in but I'm not sure how it would play even with the enhanced keyboard controls given the extremely usefulness of analogue movement in this game.

FEAR 1 steam code. Quote to see. Accidentally bought it instead of FEAR 2 and I already own it. Could contact support but I'm lazy. And now the 35% off code was wasted.

What a bad 10 minutes. :(

I know it's only £2.99 on GMG but still. 35%!

Since I can't remember how to hide things in posts, first one to tell me how to do it, gets it. :)

Xanathus

FEAR 1 steam code. Quote to see. Accidentally bought it instead of FEAR 2 and I already own it. Could contact support but I'm lazy. And now the 35% off code was wasted.

Since I can't remember how to hide things in posts, first one to tell me how to do it, gets it. :)
[ email]code goes here[/email]

just take off the space by the email tag

Don't you hide it in the email link hyperlink?

Edit: Darn! ninja'd by xanathus.

jediyoshi

reusable 25% code still live till the 14th
GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

JaseC

Actually it turns out I'm slightly wrong, its
[ email="codegoeshere"][/email]

edit: meh just give it to someone else, I probably won't actually play it

The noparse tag is handy for this sort of thing. E.g.:

[email=codegoeshere][/email]

bidaum

Eternia

So Civilization V just received the option to upgrade to the GOTY version for $20. It's about time. Hopefully it'll be discounted shortly too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom