• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SOuKp.png

The one weird thing is that Valve still hasn't sent me a paycheque ???

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SOuKp.png

The one weird thing is that Valve still hasn't sent me a paycheque ???

Be a good idea for them to give voting for X number of Greenlight games a cheevo during Christmas.

Well, hopefully they have something worth while to do this year. Summer was so disappointing.

Wok

Did you watch at least one video per submission or just do quick voting?

By having a quick look at the text and the screenshots, you can reject many games. And you have to, otherwise you would end up watching lots of long (more than 1 minute) trailers with almost no video of gameplay, or gameplay which does not add anything to the text and the screenshots. For the remaining games, I watch the trailers to make my mind. However, I have noticed I rarely upvote games which I had never heard of beforehand.

Do not think I am not dedicated: I am into indie gaming, and I parse IGF entries even though I am part of no jury (see here and there). But people should learn how to make a pitch, as Double Fine has done for Humble Amnesia Fortnight.

Doomrider

I just finished KOTOR II and I never thought it would be this good. It's outstanding.

The quests are almost always interesting, be it in how they advance the individual storyline of the planet in which they're set or how they tie into the main storyline. It felt like I was always doing something meaningful. The dialogue is really good, and most of all fun. It's simply fun to listen to the main characters and their exchanges, and there are some really cool lines to pick. Also, I thought it was interesting how (major storyline spoilers)
they managed to toy with my expectations, because even knowing Kreia had been a Sith Lord and how manipulative she was, I wasn't really expecting that outcome. Maybe I didn't want it come to that because I was so attached to her character? Not sure. Also interesting was the justification for the level-up concept and the fact that you have "party members" at all

I loved the villains, the raw concepts they represented and how imposing they were. Listening to Kreia and (party member name)
Visas
describe the extent of (villain name)
Nihilus'
power was fascinating and really established how overwhelming it was. And speaking of fascinating, I could listen to Kreia for a looong time. Incredible character. I don't see myself forgetting about her anytime soon.

There's a lot more to be said about this game, I guess, and it does have its potentially frustrating bits, but it's better if people just play it. Took me 38 hours (give or take), with the Restored Content Mod installed and roughly 34/35 of those were just plain fun.

Finally, Handmaiden is mai waifu. None shall have her.

masterkajo

I just finished KOTOR II and I never thought it would be this good. It's outstanding.

I started playing it a while back but didn't get back to it (just finished the opening level). Know this, your post has inspired me to get back to it right now rather than later. After all, I loved the first one and only heard good/better things about the second (at least with the restored content mod)

Doomrider

I started playing it a while back but didn't get back to it (just finished the opening level). Know this, your post has inspired me to get back to it right now rather than later. After all, I loved the first one and only heard good/better things about the second (at least with the restored content mod)

Then my work here is done!

I understand you not getting back to the game. It didn't really grab my attention until it opened up. In fact, I found the first planet (where you're going now) to be a bit boring, with the exception of the last part, which is when things start getting interesting.

I honestly hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

The War Z (DayZ ripoff) will be on Steam and anyone who has bought it will get a key to redeem it.

The Steam version will have Achievements and the marketplace/login will be using the Steam account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom