• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

So, I didn't BTA but it unlocked Dawn of War and Red Faction Armageddon DLC, but not SRIII. (don't judge me, I was only missing a COH expansion)

I upped my payment to cover it, but .. yeah not sure they have it set up right.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So, I didn't BTA but it unlocked Dawn of War and Red Faction Armageddon DLC, but not SRIII. (don't judge me, I was only missing a COH expansion)

I upped my payment to cover it, but .. yeah not sure they have it set up right.

Everyone gets the bonus games as long as you buy it during the first week.

What kind of game is Dawn of War? I've heard it's like an RTS but you don't build units? Sounds weird.

it is different. more focused on fighting than resource management. pretty solid game

for $5.60ish getting 9 solid games is a FANTASTIC deal

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/shooter/chivalry-medieval-warfare/

Add in GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 for another 25% off for a total of $9.37

there is a 35% (30%?) floating around as well. its a 1 shot for filling out a survey. someone posted the code a few pages back

Everyone gets the bonus games as long as you buy it during the first week.

they are listed as BTA games. Different rules apply if you buy during the first week?

Nymerio

What kind of game is Dawn of War? I've heard it's like an RTS but you don't build units? Sounds weird.

It's a weird mix between something like diablo and a rts. I don't like rts games but I had a lot of fun in Dawn of War. You command small squads and don't have to concern yourself with building a base and all that management. You can talent your squads and get new gear for them. It's a nice game.

Could some please add me too the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DarkFlow83/

Also if you ant to add me as a friend that would be cool, since after 8 years of having a account I have 1 friend.
Forever alone.

I've added you as well (Splatbang) :)

It's a weird mix between something like diablo and a rts. I don't like rts games but I had a lot of fun in Dawn of War. You command small squads and don't have to concern yourself with building a base and all that management. You can talent your squads and get new gear for them. It's a nice game.

I never played them, but isn't that DoW 2? I think DoW is a more traditional RTS comparable to Company of Heroes.

nexen

I never played them, but isn't that DoW 2? I think DoW is a more traditional RTS comparable to Company of Heroes.

Yes, this is correct.
I don't remember any RPG elements in DOW, which is why I preferred DOW2 strongly. DOW is still fun though. Has more vehicles as well.

Toki767

That's to buy the GOTY. Have a look here

This is what he meant lol

A9x-kWgCMAA1ZxK.png

DarkFlow

Banned

I've added you as well (Splatbang) :)

Added you :)

Also, the X-com 20$ deal at Gamefly is indeed live + coupon. I guess that takes care of 1 must purchase.... now watch it be even cheap than 20$ somewhere.

Thanks for the Add guys. :)

I wasn't aware there was a NeoGaf Steam group. can someone please send an invite to me?

this should be in the op, but people can you please put your actual profile link in your gaf profile rather than the profile name? it can be a real pain to find people that way, if you just put a link to your steam profile it's super easy to invite you to the gaf group and give you free shit, everyone wins.

Huh...

Steam just suggested a friend to me based upon... I think because we are Facebook friends? I know they didn't send a friend request to me because when I clicked on 'add friend' it said 'friend request sent'.

That's new, right?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
steam does Christmas sales right? I want to try the walking dead but at £20 its a risk, I dont know anything about it save some hype from people but ive no idea if thats "oh this was supposed to suck but is ok" hype or genuine.

steam does Christmas sales right? I want to try the walking dead but at £20 its a risk, I dont know anything about it save some hype from people but ive no idea if thats "oh this was supposed to suck but is ok" hype or genuine.

it's trash, avoid it like the plague.

oh sweet thanks, it seems like one of those games thats not supposed to be good but ill definately give it a shot for £10. Thanks alot!

D:

Echoplx

Anyone else get really huge memory usage when Steam is downloading? my ram usage was at 40% and dropped down to 13% after closing Steam, task manager was showing steams usage at <100mb so no idea why this keeps happening.

ShaneB

The past few weeks I've finally really gotten in Civ V. Damn that addicting one more turn. edit: Still don't really know what I'm doing sometimes, lol, but I'm learning! I've at least won a few games on Easy, science victory and diplomatic! Get crushed on normal though, so I still need those training wheels :p

Turok_TTZ

this should be in the op, but people can you please put your actual profile link in your gaf profile rather than the profile name? it can be a real pain to find people that way, if you just put a link to your steam profile it's super easy to invite you to the gaf group and give you free shit, everyone wins.

Done. hm... I should consider changing my avatar...
steam on Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon x64 seems to be working perfectly. on my previous ubuntu 12.04 it kept crashing when I was trying to dl tf2 and after a couple of mbs it stops dling then freezes.

Nymerio

Oh, ok that could be. I've only played DoWII. I remember not getting the first game because of the rts stuff. Sorry!

Done. Now to wait for the free stuff!

cicero

Wow. They actually added Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition to the THQ Humble Bundle?! This is exactly the game I was hoping that they would add.

Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom