• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

I just finished KOTOR II and I never thought it would be this good. It's outstanding.

The quests are almost always interesting, be it in how they advance the individual storyline of the planet in which they're set or how they tie into the main storyline. It felt like I was always doing something meaningful. The dialogue is really good, and most of all fun. It's simply fun to listen to the main characters and their exchanges, and there are some really cool lines to pick. Also, I thought it was interesting how (major storyline spoilers)
they managed to toy with my expectations, because even knowing Kreia had been a Sith Lord and how manipulative she was, I wasn't really expecting that outcome. Maybe I didn't want it come to that because I was so attached to her character? Not sure. Also interesting was the justification for the level-up concept and the fact that you have "party members" at all

I loved the villains, the raw concepts they represented and how imposing they were. Listening to Kreia and (party member name)
Visas
describe the extent of (villain name)
Nihilus'
power was fascinating and really established how overwhelming it was. And speaking of fascinating, I could listen to Kreia for a looong time. Incredible character. I don't see myself forgetting about her anytime soon.

There's a lot more to be said about this game, I guess, and it does have its potentially frustrating bits, but it's better if people just play it. Took me 38 hours (give or take), with the Restored Content Mod installed and roughly 34/35 of those were just plain fun.

Finally, Handmaiden is mai waifu. None shall have her.

Finished it recently myself, loved it a lot. It's funny and interesting and the story is great. Handmaiden dancing to a hutt in a dancers outfit was hilarious. I just kept her naked and in my party the entire game.

Combat still sucked though, just like one, but whatever.

HoosTrax

I need some feedback on Shank 2($2.99) and Machinarium($4.99), they're both on sale at Gamersgate.
I hated the first Shank due to unresponsive controls, haven't played the sequel.

Loved Machinarium. Great artistic style -- if it were a book, it'd be a contender for a Caldecott Award, and relatively frustration-free point-and-click because it has it's own hint system.

Giran

I need some feedback on Shank 2($2.99) and Machinarium($4.99), they're both on sale at Gamersgate.

I only played the first Shank but didn't like it much. Machinarium is fantastic if you like P&C adventure games. Lots of charm and great art.

Doomrider

Finished it recently myself, loved it a lot. It's funny and interesting and the story is great. Handmaiden dancing to a hutt in a dancers outfit was hilarious. I just kept her naked and in my party the entire game.

Combat still sucked though, just like one, but whatever.

I never got too far with Handmaiden, so I never got to see that, unfortunately. It sounds good, though...
I casually started teaching Visas lightsaber forms and Force abilities as soon as I noticed I had the possibility of doing so, because why not? Then, with my Unarmed Combat VI trait ready to do semi-naked battle with the albino goddess, in the purest expression of love, I went to meet her and she's like "WHAT are you doing here, I've seen the way you talk with the sith girl, get outta my sight". "dude what", was the only possible reaction. I had no idea it could happen. Broke my heart, she did. Gonna have to correct that on a future playthrough.

I agree that the combat is not very good. It's just OK. It works (well, mostly), but that's it. It's fine, though, because everything else is great.

Man, BioWare should just remake KOTOR 1 & 2 with the Old Republic engine. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

(I know Obsidian did the 2nd, but they can try and make it work!)

ameridion

Neo Member
If anyone wants to split a Don't Starve Beta purchase please PM me. 6 bucks each using paypal.
Also can I get an invite to the steam group please? Username is amerid1on

Hey, so the 25th anniversary tournament this last weekend has me in the mood for some SSFIV AE, which I only have on the PC now. And I've got an hour or two with the wife out and the kids in bed. Anyone want to run some rounds (USA West Coast, but any yellow / green bars are fine with me)? If you are worried I'll just state for the record that I'm ass (only played like 40 hours or so on Xbox) and I'll be playing random select just for fun, so super casual.

Sadly I think we have to use GFW live, so just send a FR to me if you want. Steam and GT are the same as my screen name here.

edit: Never mind :(. Router / GFW conspiring against me.

Either they got more keys, or it was a steam error, because I can install the lite version of RPG Maker after a client restart. Perhaps my complaint was misplaced. Anyone know what's in the full version that isn't in the lite?

Derrick01

Banned
Don't be such a judgmental asshole, Derrick, or I'll like totally tell on you to the mods then talk shit after you're banned!!

lol

Is that what happened, someone doing that? Because I did feel like my last ban came out of nowhere.

On topic I do totally want that rpg maker but that price is like $50 too high for my steam purchasing habits.

Hey, so the 25th anniversary tournament this last weekend has me in the mood for some SSFIV AE, which I only have on the PC now. And I've got an hour or two with the wife out and the kids in bed. Anyone want to run some rounds (USA West Coast, but any yellow / green bars are fine with me)? If you are worried I'll just state for the record that I'm ass (only played like 40 hours or so on Xbox) and I'll be playing random select just for fun, so super casual.

Sadly I think we have to use GFW live, so just send a FR to me if you want. Steam and GT are the same as my screen name here.

Try here as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439625&page=331

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is that what happened, someone doing that? Because I did feel like my last ban came out of nowhere.

On topic I do totally want that rpg maker but that price is like $50 too high for my steam purchasing habits.

Pretty much.

But back on topic, the RPG Maker Lite is out of licenses. The paid version adds a ton of features, apparently, but I figured I'd try the lite to see how far I can get before hitting the "pay wall."

Blizzard

Banned
I'm happy to see people enjoying KOTOR II. Some day with an actual decent computer and the content mod, I'd like to replay them.

About Don't Starve, I feel like I've heard about it from some unusual sources. One of my friends who doesn't talk about games much apparently was playing it, and gifted it to me. Another of my friends on Facebook was just posting about how it was an awesome game...and it's still in beta? I'm guessing it must have some sort of cult following to get people trying it this early.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm happy to see people enjoying KOTOR II. Some day with an actual decent computer and the content mod, I'd like to replay them.

About Don't Starve, I feel like I've heard about it from some unusual sources. One of my friends who doesn't talk about games much apparently was playing it, and gifted it to me. Another of my friends on Facebook was just posting about how it was an awesome game...and it's still in beta? I'm guessing it must have some sort of cult following to get people trying it this early.
Giantbomb's Quicklook makes it sound awesome: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dont-starve/17-6864/

Also everything positive to be said about Obsidian will get endorsed by me :)

Branson

RPG Maker VX Ace was just added to the store. It's $69.99. The Lite version is free.

header.jpg

OMG. I love RPG Maker. I have all of them on console but never really got any on the pc. Ive been eyeing this one for a while. Glad to see its on Steam.

eyeless

hadn't realized dawn of war was unlocked for humble bundle

so quote me if you would like me to pm you a code for Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® - Gold Edition

ShaneB

I'm not really into turn-based strategy games, but XCOM is so good that I can keep playing it. $20 for it at GameFly is a damn good deal.

X-com scratches an itch for a new tbs game I've had for a while now. I was really happy I finally got more into Civ V, but when I play Civ V, I really wish I was playing Simcity since combat in Civ V is so meh to me.

Only just about 100 mins with X-com so far, but so nice to finally play it and love it like I knew I would.

Game Guru

Anyone want a Steam Key for Cogs? I have a spare one from my purchase of the Humble Bundle for Android 4. Should anyone want it, they should quote this post and I will send it to them through PM.

Petrie

Banned
Do you guys think Alpha Protocol will ever see a Steam sale again or was the $2 sale its swan song? I could kill myself for missing such a game when it was so cheap. Loved it on 360, and just keep hoping it shows up again. :(

Salsa

Do you guys think Alpha Protocol will ever see a Steam sale again or was the $2 sale its swan song? I could kill myself for missing such a game when it was so cheap. Loved it on 360, and just keep hoping it shows up again. :(

its always cheap

Sober

I bought it twice so it's worth plenty more than 2$.

It'll probably be 5$ is what I'm trying to say. Who cares, just pony up the extra 3$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom