• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think it's a choice you have as a pev/publisher when you issue coupons. The Grimrock coupon from the winter seal worked during the autumn sale I think.

If they don't let you stack, they should at least let you choose which discount you want.

It did. That's how I bought it.

There's currently a way to get a 90% of coupon for Death Rally, but it requires facebook (stolen 1:1 from reddit)

Sadly, this won't even work for most here, since it currently doesn't stack with the 15% discount you get for owning Alan Wake.
I was thinking about gifting the discount code to my alt Steam account and buy it there, but my secondary computer is not booting and my alternate accounts don't have payment methods attached to them.

This game is not worth the trouble of attaching a payment method to those accounts (in turn providing Valve with the information required to trace that account back to me) or attaching the accounts on a different computer.

Are there some Games, where I can not choose where to install them?

I picked up a new SSD, copied all the Games to my external HDD and when I try to "install" some Games now, it wont let me choose the destination.
Stacking e.g.

Dynoro

Are there some Games, where I can not choose where to install them?

I picked up a new SSD, copied all the Games to my external HDD and when I try to "install" some Games now, it wont let me choose the destination.
Stacking e.g.

They must be on the new file system for you to be able to choose the install location. You can use a program like Steamtool to get around this though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I need a new fun multi-player game on steam besides all Valve games I already own.

You had to ask this just hours after the Greenman deal for Chivalry ended. You can still get it discounted there if you use one of their promo codes. It's worth full price either way, though.

I'll second Killing Floor as well, if you're open to co-op.

Blizzard

Banned

Will unlock in 5 hrs.
This looks sort of interesting, but the "eco-thriller" label combined with an hour of cutscenes, combined with "You, Bent, and you alone are responsible for the whole world!" makes me wonder whether the message might be a bit heavy-handed. I demand Captain Planet to join in if we're going that route.

Caerith

This looks sort of interesting, but the "eco-thriller" label combined with an hour of cutscenes, combined with "You, Bent, and you alone are responsible for the whole world!" makes me wonder whether the message might be a bit heavy-handed. I demand Captain Planet to join in if we're going that route.
The main character's name is Bent? I wonder what the time to "get Bent" is.

But absolutely nothing from that developer interests me anyway so...

They must be on the new file system for you to be able to choose the install location. You can use a program like Steamtool to get around this though.

Ah. Thanks.

Still think its a bit strange, that such a title like Stacking wont have the new file system, while Games like Ys, AvP, Cryostasis or even Fortune Summoners support it.

krzy123

So finished up AssCreed 2 last night, didn't 100% just did all of the villa (only got 50 some feathers) + some sides.

Had issues w/ the Graphic settings not saving on it, so I installed AssBro hoping it would be better.

Guess I was wrong, graphic settings don't save on this either, but it remembers I'm using a controller instead of kb/m, attempting a reinstall.

Popped into my local GAME today and traded in a load of games against the Steam wallet they're now selling. Of course, I'd be mad to trade-in using their pitiful prices, so I copied out the CEX prices and got them to price match. My steam war chest (or to be more accurate, mild skirmish chest) is now loaded to the tune of £100. Now to play the waiting
till the 20th
game. Your move, Gabe.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209120/

75% off $12.49 USD

wazoo

Considering it was on sale once at 20E, you should not expect it to see it again during the winter sales. It will not go lower for months or years.

Add me to the voted-more-than-1000-times-on-Greenlight club, please.

qoOHV.png

I feel like a war vet. Some of the shit I've seen... I'll never be able to erase it from my memory :( I deserve a fucking medal, Gaben!

Shepard

Is it just me or browsing through steam kinda sucks? Pages won't load half of the time, and I already tried changing that ping thing values...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
75% off on a capcom game.

I don't think it'll get cheaper anytime soon

Are the "Costume Swap" pack actually new costumes or just the "alternate color" bullshit?

Are the gem packs useful?

Wok

I have started playing L.A. Noire (8 hours) and Mark of the Ninja (2 hours), and I am impressed: both are really good.

The former game provides a basic gameplay but manages to keep me interested with a scenario which is as good as one whole season of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", mixed with action sequences taken from "The French Connection".

The latter game seems to be based on a game engine similar to the one used in Shank, but makes it truly perfect by adding all kinds of visual information (colors, blur, etc.) about noise and vision cones. There is no need of a small map with a radar, which is really amazing.

Ah, and tomorrow, we will be able to preorder Monaco on Steam.
  • Pre-order does not include beta access
  • The preorder will include access to the Mac version when we are done... it will be after launch, but hopefully not too long after
  • And a reminder folks, this pre-order is for the steam version... if you prefer to play on XBLA, save your money!
  • The preorder will 10% off the launch price of $15, so $13.50. You can also preorder a 4-pack for $45!

Reference: Twitter.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I remember thinking Monaco looked really cool when I saw it on an episode of the 1up Show.

It's really been in development that long.

1-D_FTW

Well that's a shocker. Good stuff. Been waiting for Monaco for a while.

I'm gonna be a dick and question that price though. All that does is make people hold out for a sale. And once people get past the launch buzz, they tend to wait till it's a good sale.

Tizoc

75% off on a capcom game.

I don't think it'll get cheaper anytime soon

Are the "Costume Swap" pack actually new costumes or just the "alternate color" bullshit?

Are the gem packs useful?

Gems don't do anything, then again I never bothered to find a useful set-up, I just equip Gems that can offer a good bonus and that's it. If anything it has a nice combo system, but the damage scaling ruins the opportunity for long cool combos.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well that's a shocker. Good stuff. Been waiting for Monaco for a while.

I'm gonna be a dick and question that price though. All that does is make people hold out for a sale. And once people get past the launch buzz, they tend to wait till it's a good sale.
They should have done a better 4 pack price, at least. Its a game that's heavily focused on multiplayer.

Nabs

Capcom had the new characters ready months ago, but they had to go through the GFWL cert process twice. I'm not even sure what's going on with that.

75% off is kind of crazy for Capcom.

edit: Oh crap, the costumes are really cheap. Good thing they are mostly ugly, or I'd be tempted to grab them.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
wow! all the dlc crap...

The Gems seem useless, as you have to create loadouts prior to each match and you can't change them on the fly. They're also not on sale.

The Swap Costumes seem useless because I don't give a shit about Tekken.

So yeah...

ShaneB

Might as well not get it at all.

My thoughts as well. When it first launched I thought maybe I'll get it when it's cheap. Now that it's cheap I'm aware that it's just not that good a game at all. If I need a fighting game fix I'll play some 3S or SSF4AE.

I'll be completely skipping this.

Dambrosi

Banned
I realize this is a Steam thread but if you have PS+, with the way SCEA is going with their offerings, this'll probably be one of their free games by next year.
With or without the dozen-or-so DLC characters they withheld from paying customers? :mad: If it were SCEE, you'd get the GOTY Edition
of a better game

Capcom had the new characters ready months ago, but they had to go through the GFWL cert process twice. I'm not even sure what's going on with that.
MS money grab. Simple as that. Though, considering what Capcpom did...

Enough salt. The game's enjoyable for what it is, but it ain't much, and the whole gems nonsense ruins it - play No Gems or not at all. Plus, DLC up the wazoo.

People comparing SFxT to Capcom vs SNK 2 are nuts, drunk, or have never played CvS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom