• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

Since GMG gets talked about a lot in this thread (and because that survey was linked earlier), just a heads up to everyone: They changed the expiration date of the voucher, it now ends December 14th, which really blows. It's also now just posted on this page.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So the extra characters for SFxT are coming to the PC but aren't ready yet?

Here's the information about the DLC Characters:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_X_Tekken#Characters[/url] said:
All 12 characters were released as downloadable content (DLC) for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on July 31, 2012, and will be released for the PC Windows in 2013.

SF Characters:
  • Sakura
  • Blanka
  • Guy
  • Cody
  • Elena
  • Dudley
Tekken Characters:
  • Lars Alexandersson
  • Alisa Bosconovitch
  • Bryan Fury
  • Jack-X
  • Christie Monteiro
  • Lei Wulong

The Character Pack costs 1600 mspoints ($20 bucks) on the 360.

So I guess just buy the game, ignore the Alternate Costume pack, ignore the Gems Pack and buy the extra characters next year when they'll be on sale again.

Amzin

It's GMG... they'll have a new voucher started on the 15th :p

Yea, but this one is 35%, and I know I was planning to hold onto it until something I wanted went on sale. May just throw it at Lego LOTR or the dishonored DLC (under the assumption I'll love Dishonored~)

Double

What was the price for Walking Dead in the fall sale again? Would rather buy it in the winter on steam than with credit card now.

def sim

I almost pulled the trigger on SFxT even though I know the game is no good. Stupid, rare Capcom sales are trying to trick me.

Kingbrave

I can't find if this is discussed in here, but it probably is. My hdd crashed and is dying but they are sending a new one which should be here today. What's the best way to back up and then move the files from old hdd to the new one?

I was bored, so I just downloaded and finished Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity. Some of you might own it thanks to a Indie Royale bundle or a Indie Game Stand deal!

Brainpipe-Banner1.jpg

It's a somewhat trippy first person game where you seem to control an eye as you try to collect various glyphs while you evade rays, energy balls and walls inside inside a long tube that may or may not be some kind of representation of your brain. Honestly, I just understood that your goal is to trascend humanity achieving the last glyph and then you can choose what kind of alien you want to become :lol

The controls are great - you can use your mouse or a joystick to move around, but you can also click anytime to activate slowmo mode to recover health and to prepare for the next batch of obstacles. It only has ten levels (and they're unlocked since the beginning), but difficulty and speed progress nicely and there's also a bonus, endless level after the last one where you just try to survive to get the highest score.

However, since it doesn't have achievements nor global high score rankings, there isn't much to do after beating every stage (I just needed 35 minutes) besides beating your own scores, and "becoming an alien" just lets you choose a photo for your high score. I'd love an Android release, although I don't think they'd be able to make controls as good as this version's.

If you got it in an Indie Royale bundle and want to strike one game from your backlog, this one is very short and sweet! I wanted to check how much does it cost on Steam, but the store page has vanished so probably it won't be available anymore :(

Sysgen

I was bored, so I just downloaded and finished Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity. Some of you might own it thanks to a Indie Royale bundle or a Indie Game Stand deal!

.... store page has vanished so probably it won't be available anymore[/b] :(

The game looks innocuous but it's a trip. A favorite of mine to be left installed forever. Highly recommended when you just want to chill and take a trip to nowhere. There's no option for 1080P but you can set it through the command line.

Lothars

SF x Tekken is a fun fighting game and has gotten better with the patches, I really enjoy it and It's not the best fighting game but I would definitely recommend playing it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't fail this test, guys. If you don't buy it at 75% off, they won't ever put that discount on another game!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You just don't understand the fine art of head skinning.

I don't understand why someone would pay for additonal heads that you never see outside of the customization menu since the whole game is first-person. If anything, your friends should buy it for you so they can look at something different in co-op.

Santiako

You could even download a save game that had the heads before to unlock them for every character, 4€ for that is way too much:p

Nabs

I bet Capcom will release the new patch/characters once this sale is over. Now they'll actually have people to sell to.

This looks sort of interesting, but the "eco-thriller" label combined with an hour of cutscenes, combined with "You, Bent, and you alone are responsible for the whole world!" makes me wonder whether the message might be a bit heavy-handed. I demand Captain Planet to join in if we're going that route.

When the game originally came out last year I remember people complaining that the game was too preachy about global warming, but then a lot of people also said it wasn't a big deal and thought the game was great.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A friend told me that SFxTekken was the best fighting game he ever played. The tremendous depth to the gem system blew away everything from SF4AE.

This is serious business because I think he has a Dudley tattoo.

Nabs

How hard is it to get a PS3 fightstick running on the PC version?

It depends on your fight stick and motherboard. Plug it in and check to see if your computer recognizes it (Control Panel > Game Controllers). Click on Properties and press some buttons.

I had to buy a VIA (important) PCI usb card (5-10 bucks) for my PS3 stick. (Old Mad Catz SE)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
A friend told me that SFxTekken was the best fighting game he ever played. The tremendous depth to the gem system blew away everything from SF4AE.

This is serious business because I think he has a Dudley tattoo.

You're friends with someone who has a Dudley tattoo? Judgement has been passed.

sleepykyo

Gems don't do anything, then again I never bothered to find a useful set-up, I just equip Gems that can offer a good bonus and that's it. If anything it has a nice combo system, but the damage scaling ruins the opportunity for long cool combos.

The auto block one is really strong if they didn't patch it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Trust Capcom to bugger up, in a way, the DLC for the Street Fighter games. The DLC packs don't actually contain the individual subs for the included DLC, so it's entirely possible to purchase the packs and then the individual pieces of DLC... which is something I would have done were the latter on sale, too.

75% off on a Capcom game AND THE DLC?

There are 2 options here.
A) It's a pricing error and the base game is supposed to be 25% off and the DLC not on sale at all.
or
B) Capcom knows the world is ending in 10 days and they're trying to build up some good karma.

Buying the DLC since I already own the base game. (went in on 4 pack)

Echoplx

Trust Capcom to bugger up, in a way, the DLC for the Street Fighter games. The DLC packs don't actually contain the individual subs for the included DLC, so it's entirely possible to purchase the packs and then the individual pieces of DLC... which is something I would have done were the latter on sale, too.

As long as everyone on your friends list can see you buying lots of things it's not a total loss.

Knowing this is on sale for 75% and will NEVER EVER be on sale again, I'm almost convinced I need to buy it.

Looks like Capcom wins. Their sale tactics are working.

nexen

I think I have a serious problem. I've played maybe 30 minutes of SF4AE and don't really have any desire to play it again. I really have no doubt that SF4AE is a superior game to SFxT. I don't like Tekken at all anyways.

Yet I want to buy this because it's on sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I have a serious problem. I've played maybe 30 minutes of SF4AE and don't really have any desire to play it again. I really have no doubt that SF4AE is a superior game to SFxT. I don't like Tekken at all anyways.

Yet I want to buy this because it's on sale.

You'd have a serious problem if you didn't want to buy the game just because it's on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom