• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am ahead.

6wjGR.jpg

CURSE YOU KITTEN

I'm at 973, and I also voted for everything :(

I guess the number may vary if you had voted a game that was pulled from Greenlight. Or if someone is crazy enough to venture into the concepts section... *shivers*

Fellow gaffers, should I play Sleeping Dogs vanilla without any DLC installed (well, except the high resolution texture pack and the ghost pig mask)? I was thinking of holding out until the winter sale to get all DLCs as well, but since most of them are weapons and skins, I am wondering if they add anything which I should experience during my first walkthrough.

I feel like playing it right now, so yeah, waiting for your feedback.

Nabs

Stealth Bastard Deluxe - $8.99 (-10%), $11.69 with Soundtrack

Trailer: http://store.steampowered.com/video/209190/2028156

Fellow gaffers, should I play Sleeping Dogs vanilla without any DLC installed (well, except the high resolution texture pack and the ghost pig mask)? I was thinking of holding out until the winter sale to get all DLCs as well, but since most of them are weapons and skins, I am wondering if they add anything which I should experience during my first walkthrough.

Just play it.

Tymerend

Ahh, sales. Got my wish list down from 40something to 10, through purchases due to good sales as well as going, "eh, even on sale, maybe I don't want it." Now it's mostly newer titles that probably won't go low enough for me to bite.

Bring on the Summer Sale!

Review copies probably.

Play it now. It's kind of good.

Berto

Where's Angel of Darkness? =( They are pricy but Tomb Raider games are always on sale so i'll get them cheap eventualy.

play it. fantastic game.

HighRez is necessary though. not a huge performance hit (maybe a few fps)

Been playing Burnout Paradise, driving around collecting billboards and secret routes.. and now I've almost got everything I'm starting to lose interest in the game. I am on the 8th car so far.. I think this kind of game like Crackdown just scratches an itch where I just want to collect things.
So Far Cry 3 is available on a card in a store but not direct from the card supplier... messed up. Hard to imagine this leading to decent deals but meh.
Worst case? 20 percent.

Best case? 50 percent.

Most likely? 33 - 40 percent.
Try 10% for worst and 20% for best case scenario. This game is hot.

Soi-Fong

Been playing Burnout Paradise, driving around collecting billboards and secret routes.. and now I've almost got everything I'm starting to lose interest in the game. I am on the 8th car so far.. I think this kind of game like Crackdown just scratches an itch where I just want to collect things.

So Far Cry 3 is available on a card in a store but not direct from the card supplier... messed up. Hard to imagine this leading to decent deals but meh.

Try 10% for worst and 20% for best case scenario. This game is hot.

With those reviews... Yeah.. I'm guessing worst case scenario. The reviews will keep this game atop. So many gaffers including me are getting the game because of the reviews.

tjohn86

I preordered FC3 because the reviews are high enough to keep it expensive. Might as well dive in at launch when the MP is hot.

Did I miss something?
Far Cry 3 is not available on the UK Steam store, sounds like Steam is offering PSN style game cards in GAME? Unless it's just cash credit cards.. I dunno. Something is fishy. GAME hates Steam but is now stocking their cards :/

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Far Cry 3 is not available on the Steam store, sounds like Steam is offering PSN style game cards in GAME? Unless it's just cash credit cards.. I dunno. Something is fishy. GAME hates Steam but is now stocking their cards :/
They're just cash cards and are not game specific.

If you have games in your inventory, can you get the key text strings by emailing the items to yourself? I'd imagine that would be the easiest way to gift without having to add someone as a friend or requiring their email address.

Sanjay

Avoid like the plague.

I wish you were on the ball with your movie recommendations too, Tree of Life sigh.

I need a time machine to warn myself.

Go watch Timecrimes (2007) great time travel film, look at this stall, recommending good films for you.

Going from a 0 to a 1, while an improvement, is hardly something to congratulate.

Yo 1 out of 3 is not that bad.

Yeah, gold is a fairly useless metal. Give me some comedy erbium from the likes of Double Fine or Valve.

Oh REALLY, go play Psychonauts now and beat it! boom.

And remember:-
jrC0PwzLEH3cm.png

I'll concead this point if you can agree that playing a game of go-fish with yourself is the same as playing chess against Bobby Fisher.

I don't know what Go-Fish is but I'm really good at Chess which brings another issue with Steam, where is my Steam Chess multiplayer game already, how hard can this be, I've been asking this for years. Fucking indie dev's get on that you lazy fucks.

I'm sure Marsellus would agree that being locked up in a gun shop owner's sex dungeon and used as a sex toy was much better with his man Butch by his side, but I digress.

In the remake he will smile.

About fucking time. Hopefully I can work the Steam market more with these.

Nymerio

I should probably get my greenlight voting count up too. I bet there's gonna be something special during the winter sale for people who have been voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom