• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I have a feeling metacritic is going to 90 that game.

Hot Laura and pew-pew = Gold.

Of course, I also expect it to be a lot better than the fear mongering is making it out to be.

The game should score high, it has just about every garbage modern gameplay element that gets other bad games 85+ on there.

Also about GMG I couldn't get any of the coupons to work on Tomb Raider yesterday. When they put those specials on where you can choose cash back or store credit vouchers don't work.

Nymerio

Yeah, that market place got me to start up TF2 again. I haven't played mann vs machine before today but I'm loving it so far. It's like tower defense without towers! Awesome!

Berto

I always thought people were overreacting on how good FTL is, but my god... it's amazing! I've been playing for the last hours non-stop :O

Danj

I always thought people were overreacting on how good FTL is, but my god... it's amazing! I've been playing for the last hours non-stop :O

Obligatory
ylW2S.jpg

So true. When I first got it I played it a shitload. My Steam says I have 37 hours on it which has to be among the top 10 of my play time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else having constant crashes when playing The Witcher? They usually happen when I quicksave. Sometimes I manage to play for an hour straight without problems, but more often than not it only lasts for less than 40 minutes. Had two in the last hour, one of them happened 10 seconds ago.

I'm loving the game so far, but I don't know if I'll be able to put up with this shit any longer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
First one, want to finish it before starting the second one. If you need more information, I'm at chapter 1, Outskirts of Vizima. My machine is the following:

- processor: Athlon X2 7750
- RAM: 3 GB DDR2
- graphics card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB RAM
- OS: Windows 7 x86 (because of this, I'm wasting 1 GB of RAM, as I actually have 4 GB installed)

1-D_FTW

I played a couple months ago with a GTX 460 and had at most 2 crashes. Can't remember if I even had that, but if I did, it wasn't any more than that.

Tambini

Is Sonic Generations playable at all with keyboard? I haven't got a controller at the moment and been wanting to play it, but if it's awful with keyboard I'll just wait.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is Sonic Generations playable at all with keyboard? I haven't got a controller at the moment and been wanting to play it, but if it's awful with keyboard I'll just wait.
It has a demo, you should check it out and see whether you're comfortable with the keyboard controls. I tried it and thought it played better with a 360 pad.

D3RANG3D

Anyone else having constant crashes when playing The Witcher? They usually happen when I quicksave. Sometimes I manage to play for an hour straight without problems, but more often than not it only lasts for less than 40 minutes. Had two in the last hour, one of them happened 10 seconds ago.

I'm loving the game so far, but I don't know if I'll be able to put up with this shit any longer.

Try verifying the integrity of game cache

In your library

1 Right Click Game
2 Go to Properties
3 Local Files Tab
4 Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
how cheap do you think Sonic 4 ep 1 and 2 will go for the Winter sale?

75% off?
Impossible to gauge as we'd need to know the content of your soul to accurately assess its value, then factor that against just how far the games would be able to drag it down..

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
how cheap do you think Sonic 4 ep 1 and 2 will go for the Winter sale?

75% off?

I hope they get no discount at all, in fact I hope they add a 100%+ so no more kids in the world suffer playing it. I say that as a big sonic fan.
The AI is infinitely worse and the levels less open and more straight-forward
This is true but yet again I enjoyed more Crysis 2 although I fully acknowledge the first one is the better game.

metalshade

Is Hawken being added to steam at any point? Great game I think. Would be nice to have it all connected to my friends and everything else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Hawken being added to steam at any point? Great game I think. Would be nice to have it all connected to my friends and everything else.

The devs have said a Steam release isn't on the cards and, to my knowledge, this hasn't changed.

Grief.exe

Got done with finals today!

Played like 4 hours straight of spec ops since my brain was so melted lol.

I'm having a blast with it. The only major complaint I have is the cover controls.

When I press space bar sometimes nothing will happen, sometimes it will. Its really unpredictable when the game will put you in cover or when you will just be standing there absorbing bullets.

Playing on the hardest difficulty I can access with sloppy controls can get frustrating.

Otherwise, first order of business is backlog! Need to finish up FTL, TWEWY, and GTA:ELC.

The plan is to beat specs ops, rage, and metroid prime or Paper Mario: TTYD over break.

Comma be tough with all the amazing multiplayer games that demand my attention. PS2, Chivalry, CS:GO.

Miker

Spent all day today and yesterday playing Binary Domain and I've just beaten it (~8 hours). That game was fucking fantastic.

YES. I did the same. 9 hours in two days. I haven't played a game nonstop like that since I don't even remember when.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just started up Binary Domain.

Big Bo is so ridiculous, and so fun it's pretty fun, too bad voice recognition seems to be broken...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Does anyone who finished Bully with the 60 fps fix remember if there were issues with it at any point in the game? I played an hour or so in this afternoon and everything seems to be perfect, but I'm wondering if I should anticipate anything.

Does anyone who finished Bully with the 60 fps fix remember if there were issues with it at any point in the game? I played an hour or so in this afternoon and everything seems to be perfect, but I'm wondering if I should anticipate anything.

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard there's some sequence breaking in places but I don't remember where.

Megasoum

Banned
I've discovered something really annoying with Steam now that I use a 128gigs SSD. Since I always have to manage my limited space I will move my games in and out of the drive. However, Steam will check for free space available first when I hit install and THEN check if the files are already there. The result is that I can move my game on the drive but if the free space, after moving the files, is less than the game size Steam won't start the install. It's stupid, the files are already there! Just install the damn thing!! arghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom