• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oh god that sale on Amazon.com O_O
My Steam account isn't US so I'll post what games I want from that sale to see if they're region free.

...but is there a sale on Dawn of War Complete? That Daw of War 1+2 Complete is tempting man...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...but is there a sale on Dawn of War Complete? That Daw of War 1+2 Complete is tempting man...

Dawn of War Platinum is on sale, but it doesn't activate on Steam, and a discount of 50% is on the low side regardless. The Medley aside, you're better off waiting for Steam's Christmas/Winter Sale if you're after THQ titles.

Nice list JaseC :D
Such a good list! Thanks for compiling that info!
Thx for the list JaseC! :D

:)

Tizoc

Dawn of War Platinum is on sale, but it doesn't activate on Steam, and a discount of 50% is on the low side regardless. The Medley aside, you're better off waiting for Steam's Christmas/Winter Sale if you're after THQ titles.

OK thanks for the heads up! Will wait for it to go on sale on Steam. I mostly want DoW 1 and 2 really.

BTW what's the word on Civilization V Gold?

Anyone want to split the 2K Shooter Pack? I keep Borderlands GOTY and Duke Nukem, you get both BioShock games. 5 space bucks.

I'll do that, I want both the Bioshock games, but I'm in the UK, so don't really feel like setting up my card for Amazon US. If you want I can pay via Paypal.

If there's anyone willing to get Costume Quest for me, I'd forever be in their debt,
that is until I paid you the $3.75 via Paypal
. Being in the UK I can't use the US site, though I know you can set up a fake address etc. but it would be easier if I could just pay someone via Paypal.

JaseC

I'd wager that setting up a US billing address would be quicker than sending somebody money via PayPal, not to mention you only have to do it once and then purchasing is literally as easy as a couple of clicks.

Rainy Dog

£50 in my Steam Wallet, ready for the Sales. Bring em on, Gabe.

lockedandloaded.gif

Yep, me as well.

Went to my local Game first thing yesterday morning and traded in 8 PS3 games by getting them to price match CEX's trade-in prices (for a few of them, got double what Game would've given without the price match..).

Paid exactly 40p and walked away with a £50 Steam Wallet code. Felt good.

Yep, me as well.

Went to my local Game first thing yesterday morning and traded in 8 PS3 games by getting them to price match CEX's trade-in prices (for a few of them, got double what Game would've given without the price match..).

Paid exactly 40p and walked away with a £50 Steam Wallet code. Felt good.

I did the same thing last week, took in a slip of paper with the CEX prices on, and got them to price match. It came to £99, so I added the extra £1 and bought two £50 Steam wallets. I left the shop beaming, some of those games were just on my shelf for months. CEX trade-in prices are astoundingly good.

I'd wager that setting up a US billing address would be quicker than sending somebody money via PayPal, not to mention you only have to do it once and then purchasing is literally as easy as a couple of clicks.

You're right, though I've been trying to avoid using the credit card since I splurged on a new PC. Still, I guess adding $3.75 isn't going to break me.

Milamber

Currently at $116, I'll add $25 more to my wallet at the end of this week. Also...

dkpjF.jpg

BTW, is the Steam Wallet balance limit still $200? What happens if you have a ton of crates to sell and your limit hits past $200?

So I installed GTA IV on my new computer and try to boot it up and the game insists on running at 800x600 at 23FPS and won't let me change any of the settings.

My resource usage is 202/3039MB and it's telling me I'm near or exceeded my resource limit, anyone know how to fix this?

JaseC

BTW, is the Steam Wallet balance limit still $200? What happens if you have a ton of crates to sell and your limit hits past $200?

I wasn't aware it was/is so low (this past Summer Sale was the first time and thus far only time I've used Steam Wallet). I hope it's increased before next year's Summer Sale.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So I installed GTA IV on my new computer and try to boot it up and the game insists on running at 800x600 at 23FPS and won't let me change any of the settings.

My resource usage is 202/3039MB and it's telling me I'm near or exceeded my resource limit, anyone know how to fix this?

Go to properties and then in "set launch options" put this:

-width 1920 -height 1080 -norestrictions -nomemrestrict

Remove the width/height part if it's not working for you.

Milamber

I wasn't aware it was/is so low (this past Summer Sale was the first time and thus far only time I've used Steam Wallet). I hope it's increased before next year's Summer Sale.

They did increase it from $150 last year. Hopefully 2013 is a $250 increase.

Go to properties and then in "set launch options" put this:

Remove the width/height part if it's not working for you.

That did it, the warning about memory usage still comes up but disappears after I up the settings some more, makes no sense but whatever!

JaseC

Picked up M&M: Clash of Heroes in the Amazon sale. Activates on Steam.

Thanks for the list, JaseC!

No worries. :)

They did increase it from $150 last year. Hopefully 2013 is a $250 increase.

Ah, the more you know! $500 would be a nice, round number.

That did it, the warning about memory usage still comes up but disappears after I up the settings some more, makes no sense but whatever!

That's GTAIV PC in a nutshell. If I don't restart the game after changing a setting, the framerate is literally halved.

Tizoc

EVERYBODY needs to get Might and Magic: CoH, it's a fun Puzzle game with RPG elements. Leveling up in RPGs has never been so much fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
5$ is low enough for Viking Battle for Asgard for me so I think I'll pick that up to play after I finish Bully.

Seems to have a solid achievement list too.

JaseC

5$ is low enough for Viking Battle for Asgard for me so I think I'll pick that up to play after I finish Bully.

Seems to have a solid achievement list too.

Yeah, I'd been waiting for Viking to hit the ~$5 mark, too. I also picked up M&M: Clash of Heroes, while London 2012 can be my void-filling game if the deals on Steam this week are largely of no interest to me.

Yeah, I'd been waiting for Viking to hit the ~$5 mark, too. I also picked up M&M: Clash of Heroes, while London 2012 can be my void-filling game if the deals on Steam this week are largely of no interest to me.

Got Viking and Condemned for $4 each from the $20 SEGA Action pack Amazon had a while back. Selling the other 3 games for $12 was pretty much painless. You missed out!
Jasec why would you pick up London 2012?

It won't fill a void, it will only increase the size of the currently existing one.
That's deep, man.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Got Viking and Condemned for $4 each from the $20 SEGA Action pack Amazon had a while back. Selling the other 3 games for $12 was pretty much painless. You missed out!

That's deep, man.

It'll take me so long to play Viking that the work I'll have to do to sell the other games doesn't seem intuitive. By the time I'll actually play it, it will be probably discounted to the 5 bucks on Steam anyway.

Edit: Besides, it's locally cheaper, so it would actually be less than 5 bucks if it got discounted by 75%.

It'll take me so long to play Viking that the work I'll have to do to sell the other games doesn't seem intuitive. By the time I'll actually play it, it will be probably discounted to the 5 bucks on Steam anyway.

The "work" required was checking 3 emails and sending like 5 PMs. Also, I got another $5 Amazon credit for January. Selling things on GAF is pretty cool since you can trust (almost) everyone in my experience. Also, no other site sells Condemned Steam keys, so I didn't want to miss out on that.

Pretty much win-win all around.

Dwarfs hasn't been in any bundle from what I know. There is a f2p version of the game in steam. The only difference is that it only got the main game without the dlcs

After some searching it was in the be mine bundle 3 or something earlier this year, the reason I want it is so that I don't have to install it lol. Simply owning unlocks this awesome axe in Killing Floor.

Going the F2P route you have to actually install it which requires .NET3.5 and XNA, not installing those right now and there are issues with .NET 4 installed simultaneously ie the current version, etc etc. Easier to just buy, will find on sale.

JaseC

Fantastic, turns out I did remember to buy the Humble Android Bundle #4 just for Waking Mars. I remember thinking I should, but can't recall actually going through with the idea.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The "work" required was checking 3 emails and sending like 5 PMs. Also, I got another $5 Amazon credit for January. Selling things on GAF is pretty cool since you can trust (almost) everyone in my experience. Also, no other site sells Condemned Steam keys, so I didn't want to miss out on that.

Pretty much win-win all around.

You get 5$ credit for buying Viking alone here too.

I really wonder if there is anything I still want to buy this Winter Sale. 450+ games and counting... Not grabbing anything above $10, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom