• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

yea i hope they go back to RE5 and remove gfwl,ill buy it if they do.same for dead rising,etc.also dmc 4 never used gfwl so right now that is the only game from capcom that i have.if you guys want let them know in the community forum.

About time Capcom dropped GFWL and used Steamworks.

I'm looking forward to their pc version of RE6 even more now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I need help.
untitledvuugq.png

How to 21:9 aspect ratio resolution
Stop being so anal.

So, I just got the Fallout Collection.

Even though I have already played all 3 countless times :p

But I have lost the CD (yes, CD not dvds lol) for it so its nice to own it again :)

1-D_FTW

Kind of a buzz. The thrill of selling got me to boot up TF2 in the first time in a good six months.

Finds Pyro goggles and name changing item.

*list name changer on the store*

Cha-ching!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Got a shitload of games updating for me right now. Are these updates that I missed over the last few days or are these new today?

Witcher 2, Shatter, The Polynomial, Metro 2033, Alan Wake, Defcon, E.Y.E.

1-D_FTW

Got a shitload of games updating for me right now. Are these updates that I missed over the last few days or are these new today?

Witcher 2, Shatter, The Polynomial, Metro 2033, Alan Wake, Defcon, E.Y.E.

Haven't gotten any updates for those. Just TF2 and Cargo Commander. Could just be Steam being Steam.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't gotten any updates for those. Just TF2 and Cargo Commander. Could just be Steam being Steam.

Hmm, seems to just be Steam being Steam. It looks like it's doing the content conversion thing they started doing a while ago. No idea why all of these only just popped for me now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yea i hope they go back to RE5 and remove gfwl,ill buy it if they do.same for dead rising,etc.also dmc 4 never used gfwl so right now that is the only game from capcom that i have.if you guys want let them know in the community forum.

Won't happen, since the online component would need to be reworked.

Tame

Kind of a buzz. The thrill of selling got me to boot up TF2 in the first time in a good six months.

Finds Pyro goggles and name changing item.

*list name changer on the store*

Cha-ching!

These items that are up on the marketplace. Are they drops in the normal Red vs Blue TF2 game or the hoard mode expansion thing that came out

its a couple of years since i last played it

haikira

Revelations 2012 just got a new patch. Pretty appropriate timing, i suppose. Little did anyone know, it was Revelations 2012 that would bring the armageddon.

I bought the PS3 version of Binary Domain a few months back, not played it yet, but I'm tempted to double-dip on the PC at £4.99 and take the PS3 version into GAME and trade it against more money on my Steam wallet. 60fps wins every time.

Jburton

Banned
I bought the PS3 version of Binary Domain a few months back, not played it yet, but I'm tempted to double-dip on the PC at £4.99 and take the PS3 version into GAME and trade it against more money on my Steam wallet. 60fps wins every time.

The ability to trade in games for Steam money is tits!

Could it be possible to be cheaper than that on the Winter Sales?
That's certainly a possibility. My guess would be that Viking will be discounted 50% throughout the sale with a lightning/daily deal on up to 75% off.

In my case though, even if Viking will go 75% off in the Steam sale, the difference in price is so tiny it's not worth waiting for. On the other hand though, I have no intentions to actually install Viking for some time now, so I guess I'm already done for in regard to the upcoming Steam sale. Goddamn I'm a tool.

Feels like Steam is trying to migrate forums over to the new Steam community which is a bit of a bummer. I find them not very active (especially with developers), or easy to navigate. Also incredibly slow to run through Steam (perhaps an admission by Steam that they open in browser instead of taking you to the in Steam version)

1-D_FTW

These items that are up on the marketplace. Are they drops in the normal Red vs Blue TF2 game or the hoard mode expansion thing that came out

its a couple of years since i last played it

It's been so long since I played the horde mode, I can't remember whether you get drops in there or not.

I would assume so, but couldn't say for sure. There are drops in all the other modes.

Forkball

Made 26 cents on the Steam Market thus far. Just need to sell about 500 more items until I can get ACIII for free.

I wonder if they will put hats and Dota cosmetics. You'd think that people would have to list them under the store price, but then Valve would make significantly less money. Who would buy an item in the Dota store when you can use the market to get it for much cheaper? Right now it's only useful for a few very specific items.

[edit] UP TO 51 CENTS

Game Guru

I loved Cave Story, played it back when it was free. Is Cave Story+ worth the buy though?

Well, I suggest buying it just to support the developer of the original free version, but I usually relegate it to the original art and music and still have the original free version on my PC.

Nabs

I'm up to $3.15. Big pimping.

If you're looking for a Metroid-like game on PC, give Treasure Adventure Game a shot. It's really good, and really free :(

D3RANG3D

I'm up to $3.15. Big pimping.

If you're looking for a Metroid-like game on PC, give Treasure Adventure Game a shot. It's really good, and really free :(

If you feel guilty about it being free you can always buy the amazing soundtrack on bandstand.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New GMG code 25% off: GMG25-CFGY3-4THJI

So now you can get Viking for $5.62. Less than an hour remains on that deal though.

D'oh.

Edit: I see the use of discount codes on upcoming publisher-backed titles is entering its twilight. I figured it wasn't long before others followed 2K's lead.

Addnan

When playing Max Payne 3 did any of you keep getting stuck on walls. I am right near the end of the game and it is becoming unbearable. The only way to get off is to restart checkpoint or to get downed by an enemy. :/

Sanjay

Tomb Raider use 30% discount code = £18.90 + 35% discount code on future games.

Company of Heroes 2 using the 35% discount code = £26.00 + GMG Credit £9.00 in return.

How awesome are GMG guys?

1-D_FTW

I have a feeling metacritic is going to 90 that game.

Hot Laura and pew-pew = Gold.

Of course, I also expect it to be a lot better than the fear mongering is making it out to be.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Guys,

What's the best Metroidvania games on the PC? Thought of buying some during the Winter Sale.

On Steam the best I've played is Aquaria (tip for everyone who complains about singing: you can shift forms with # keys). Cave Story is awesome of course but feels less like a metroidvania to me (it's quite linear despite what it initially appears to be).

On PC in general Treasure Adventure Game on GOG is fun and I hear La Mulana is great, though I haven't played it myself. Hoping to get it from the current sale.

A Valley Without Wind is very mediocre. Played it 33 hours across many updates and I just can't recommend it.

On Steam the best I've played is Aquaria (tip for everyone who complains about singing: you can shift forms with # keys). Cave Story is awesome of course but feels less like a metroidvania to me (it's quite linear despite what it initially appears to be).

On PC in general, as has already been mentioned, Treasure Adventure Game on GOG is pretty fun and I hear La Mulana is great, though I haven't played it myself.

A Valley Without Wind is very mediocre. Played it 33 hours across many updates and I just can't recommend it.

Alright thanks guys. Cave Story, Aquaria and La Mulana during the Winter sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom