• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

Binary Domain is 75% off on Get Games Go as well.

g1tD6.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
... Ooh Steam have provided me with... MORE DOTAs... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

From 0 back to 4. These things are like Gremlins.
You probably meant some other form of gremlins, but I found this post extra hilarious thinking of Nethack gremlins. If you ever ran across them at night you pretty much REALLY needed to stop playing until it was day again.

Also, thanks Visualante for the reply about the Waking Mars music. As long as it's not like the trailer music it shouldn't be too bad.

Serious Sam Bundle on Amazon is live and will only be up for a few hours:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AMKP1FC
The Most Serious Bundle Ever - $10

Serious Sam 2
Serious Sam 3 Jewel of the Nile
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Serious Sam Double D
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Legend of the Beast DLC Pack
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

Every game comes with its own Steam key. Pretty good deal.

Game Guru

Daily Deal: Fallout Collection 66% off, makes it 6.80USD.

Includes Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics (not Brotherhood of Steel or FO3 or any of that crap). No New Vegas either.

No need for me to remind people Fallout is the best thing ever, right?

While it is tempting all I would be interested in is Fallout Tactics, having been able to get Fallout 1 for free on GOG and got Fallout 2 for $3 on GOG as well. I am the thiftiest classic RPG gamer!

Interested in the Fallout classics. Any difference between the GOG versions? I feel like I've asked this question before.

I've heard the version of Fallout 1 on Steam is the DOS version running in DOSBox while the version of Fallout 1 on GOG is the Windows version, but don't hold me to that.

zkylon

zkylewd
While it is tempting all I would be interested in is Fallout Tactics, having been able to get Fallout 1 for free on GOG and got Fallout 2 for $3 on GOG as well. I am the thiftiest classic RPG gamer!
Well they're on sale individually so you can get Tactics for 3.40 I think.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DmC has been added to the coming soon section.Steamworks of course.

Am I correct in saying that this is Capcom's first full-scale Steamworks game? I think a few of their little rinky dink downloadable games that they've published have used it, but this is the first big one, right?

Am I correct in saying that this is Capcom's first full-scale Steamworks game? I think a few of their little rinky dink downloadable games that they've published have used it, but this is the first big one, right?
yes this is the first steamworks game.they said even the retail copies are.seems like they finally learned and ditched gfwl for good.

It only took them to the end of the generation. But damn if I'm not glad.
yea i hope they go back to RE5 and remove gfwl,ill buy it if they do.same for dead rising,etc.also dmc 4 never used gfwl so right now that is the only game from capcom that i have.if you guys want let them know in the community forum.

Blizzard

Banned
I've never successfully gotten a custom resolution working, plus I use an AMD card, plus I'm scared of blowing my monitor up. :(

*edit* Darnit, Sanjay, you deleted that hilarious drunk-sounding IM conservation you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom