• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm kind of hoping for a 50% hitman deal, or a $20 deal. If they can get spec ops for 50% 2 days after it came out they can get a lesser game that also bombed a month later right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Chances of getting TSW at 50% off? It's one of the only games I want for these sales.

It's half off over at Amazon at the moment, which bodes well. (It was half off on Steam a couple of months ago, but that was before the base price drop.)

Binary Domain is a great game and better than Gears of War simply because the enemies don't have to be bullet sponges if you're good enough.

Real talk.

Well, I never said the game was hard. It isn't. And better than Gears because the enemies aren't bullet sponges? Hmmm.

Binary Domain is great but it starts off badly. Most game devs front-load their games with all the best scenes and action and make everything intense at the beginning because most players have short attention spans. Binary Domain starts off slow and progressively ramps up steadily through the game until you're WTFWTFWTFFFFF by the end.

Fine. I'll keep going. It is only 6 hours or so after all, right? But dang it I wish this game was actually good.

Well, I never said the game was hard. It isn't. And better than Gears because the enemies aren't bullet sponges? Hmmm.

On a more serious note, I think Binary Domain has better bosses, funnier dialogue and the best implementation of strategic dismemberment. I had infinitely more fun with it than with Gears but I admit it starts off a bit poor.

Well, got Hell Yeah. Wee! Here's something for you guys since it's christmas.

First to quote me with something on that Amazon list that costs around 5 dollars gets it.

Santiako

The bosses were the only bad part of Binary Domain, they went for far too long. Cut each one's health by half and you get much better bosses.

Miker

The bosses were the only bad part of Binary Domain, they went for far too long. Cut each one's health by half and you get much better bosses.

I wouldn't say they were bad, but they did drag on. Especially the
viper mobile transmorfer thing

No, just saying it's one of my most played games. I am sure there are hardcore people like yourself who have played it like 4x or 5x that.

No I dont have the game. Just saying that 30 something hours is not that many. My gf has 300+ hours in Bejeweled 3 and 100+ in a few others.

OrangeOak

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: will Steam keys bought in USA (Amazon) work in Europe(Poland) or there are some region locks ?

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: will Steam keys bought in USA (Amazon) work in Europe(Poland) or there are some region locks ?

There are only very few keys that are region locked. From the current Amazon list, only Mafia II won't work without using a VPN. Everything else should work without a problem.

They were long but I never felt that they dragged on. It felt appropriate for what you were actually facing. Except for the second part of the Gorilla boss I don't think I'd want any of the bosses to be shorter.

Polk

some of them (like dead ialand goty?) are region locked but most of them works fine in Poland.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nifflas, the author of Knytt (probably one of my favourite indie games of all times), Knytt Stories, Saira, and other metroidvania based on exploration (like Fez, they are it's main inspiration imho), as finally put Knytt undrground on Greenlight, upvote it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113281105

Is that an official posting? The poster's name is "Michelle". I didn't watch the whole video, but I guess I'm assuming Nifflas clearly confirms it's the official Greenlight video?

ugh Bioshock

Started it up, had no sound. Exited it to fiddle with sound settings in Windows as per Google and now I can't start Bioshock at all. It says it's running already.

Restarted, same issue, Bioshock is still running, can't launch it. No Bioshock currently running in the task manager.

Not sure what to do short of reinstalling and I'd rather not since it's an hour and a half download.

ugh Bioshock

Started it up, had no sound. Exited it to fiddle with sound settings in Windows as per Google and now I can't start Bioshock at all. It says it's running already.

Restarted, same issue, Bioshock is still running, can't launch it. No Bioshock currently running in the task manager.

Not sure what to do short of reinstalling and I'd rather not since it's an hour and a half download.

Bioshock freezes for me about 10 seconds in. A lot of problems I am guessing with windows 7 but who knows.

Aucool

Is that an official posting? The poster's name is "Michelle". I didn't watch the whole video, but I guess I'm assuming Nifflas clearly confirms it's the official Greenlight video?

Yup it's official, is the link posted by nifflas on his website http://nifflas.ni2.se/

i dunno by submitted it on Greenlight using that "michelle" profile, maybe he simply don't won't to receive tons of frineds request :p

edit: i just noticed that his name on youtube is Amy Langton, he's a weirdo XD

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Maybe he discovered the amazing power of being a woman on the internet.

Like Kanye West said, "No one man should have all that power."

Sajjaja

ugh Bioshock

You even checked the processes tab of the task manager?

Ionic

Nifflas, the author of Knytt (probably one of my favourite indie games of all times), Knytt Stories, Saira, and other metroidvania based on exploration (like Fez, they are it's main inspiration imho), as finally put Knytt undrground on Greenlight, upvote it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113281105

Man, I love Knytt and Knytt Stories, but I really dislike the visual style of Nifflas' newer games. In Knytt Stories all of the graphics were so consistent, and then in this game you see realistic looking backgrounds mixed with pixelated ground, and sprites that vary heavily in their design complexity. And it doesn't help that he's stuck in this rut of making all ground on the same plane of the player be silhouetted. Then you have those awful character designs whenever you talk to somebody that are yet another style thrown in on top of everything else.

However, the gameplay and exploration still look pretty top notch which is what I expect most out of Knytt.

Aucool

Man, I love Knytt and Knytt Stories, but I really dislike the visual style of Nifflas' newer games. In Knytt Stories all of the graphics were so consistent, and then in this game you see realistic looking backgrounds mixed with pixelated ground, and sprites that vary heavily in their design complexity. And it doesn't help that he's stuck in this rut of making all ground on the same plane of the player be silhouetted. Then you have those awful character designs whenever you talk to somebody that are yet another style thrown in on top of everything else.

However, the gameplay and exploration still look pretty top notch which is what I expect most out of Knytt.

You're right, I am also not a big fun of the visual style of Knytt Undeground but I must admit that in Saira, that from this point of view was pretty similar, it worked well so I'll just way to see it running on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom