• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Apparently this penguin pic is changing everyone's pic on Steam, it's some form of exploit currently on steam:

XZoHr.jpg
(a imgur copy not from source)

What a Steam mod is saying:

What you guys are seeing is an exploit which changes a users avatar. Until it has been fixed, make sure to not click on unusually long Steam Community links. Aside from the avatar change, the exploit is harmless.

U2NUMB

In honor of the great Steam I have an extra copy of Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. Both Amazon digital codes redeemable on Steam. First come first serve.. PM me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
God... waiting for the damn summer sale was torture. I had just built a computer, and I didn't want to pay for games I knew would be on sale later.

wazoo

Buy it on sale for $7, play it an beat it and than who cares about limited installs.

I own Batman on Steam and Origin, and I got it very cheap, and when my keys will be out, it will probably 2$ on steam by the time. People are overly obsessed with DRM that they forgot the real deal.

Not that I vote for DRM over DRM (steam is enough for me) but honestly, this is not a big deal.

Javaman

I can't recommend Defenders Quest enough. It's like an RPG mixed with tower defense. I usually hate TD games, but this one manages to bring the fun. Instead of placing towers you put troops down onto the battlefield. You choose from a Berserker/Ranger/Ice mage/Knight/Healer/Dragon. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Each map location has 4 different difficulties to beat. As you beat the tougher ones you get better weapons and armor and in-between levels you choose your upgrades on a skill tree.
LcCrN.jpg

The story is so-so but I really dug the game overall. (58hrs so far)

Some other pluses,
Newgame +
Export and import save games (came in useful for me with dropbox and my laptop)
Adjustable exp options in the menu
Crazy achievements (beat the whole game with only the original 6 and no recruits? Yes please!)
Long demo if you want to try it out first
6 spells to cast (Lightening bolt/Fury/Heal/Crystal bomb/Enemy bump back/Fireball)
aGcwY.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I can't recommend Defenders Quest enough. It's like an RPG mixed with tower defense. I usually hate TD games, but this one manages to bring the fun. Instead of placing towers you put troops down onto the battlefield. You choose from a Berserker/Ranger/Ice mage/Knight/Healer/Dragon. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Each map location has 4 different difficulties to beat. As you beat the tougher ones you get better weapons and armor and in-between levels you choose your upgrades on a skill tree.
Javaman is just trying to trick us all. The real secret is that Java is addicted to any game with "Defender" somewhere in the title.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Buy it on sale for $7, play it an beat it and than who cares about limited installs.
I do. I want my games to be usable for as long as I live, provided that I have the right hardware to run them. Having an install limit goes against that, and I'd be paying for something that I may not be able to use in the future.

Still, I may pick it up if it's cheap enough. $5 for the GOTY editions of both games wouldn't be too bad.

Isaccard

I do. I want my games to be usable for as long as I live, provided that I have the right hardware to run them. Having an install limit goes against that, and I'd be paying for something that I may not be able to use in the future.

Still, I may pick it up if it's cheap enough. $5 for the GOTY editions of both games wouldn't be too bad.

But GFWL

Echoplx

I pre ordered AC and still haven't played it, combination of GFWL fucking me around and not liking the new open world approach :(

Miker

I pre ordered AC and still haven't played it, combination of GFWL fucking me around and not liking the new open world approach :(

...so then why did you pre-order it if you didn't like the new open world approach? And how would you know you don't like the open world approach if you haven't played it for yourself? :-/

Echoplx

...so then why did you pre-order it if you didn't like the new open world approach? And how would you know you don't like the open world approach if you haven't played it for yourself? :-/

I didn't know I didn't like it until I played it, and when I say I didn't play it I mean beyond an hour or so in :p

Dmax3901

God... waiting for the damn summer sale was torture. I had just built a computer, and I didn't want to pay for games I knew would be on sale later.

Yeah the summer sale wait was torturous, but the Christmas one is in a couple of days? Wow did that sneak up on me.

Are there any hints of what's to come? I really hope they scatter achievements through heaps of different games again, I love that shit so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom