• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

They really should have called Mafia 2 Driving Between Missions: The Game, felt like 90% of my play time was doing that, not that I'm complaining though, they really nailed the atmosphere and I actually liked driving in it unlike 99% of other open world games.

cicero

My guess was like three weeks. It feels like a pre-(Humble) Bundle sale. Still tempted. I wish I had as little impulse control as you do.

This was actually my guess as well. Going to exercise some trigger discipline here and wait for a better sale/indie bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Which one?

It doesn't matter; any game purchased from Amazon's digital store will net you promotional credit (according to the blurb that appears on most product pages it's supposed to be $5, though, not 3x $5).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They really should have called Mafia 2 Driving Between Missions: The Game, felt like 90% of my play time was doing that, not that I'm complaining though, they really nailed the atmosphere and I actually liked driving in it unlike 99% of other open world games.

Have to agree with this assessment. It does a lot of things really, really well, but it never takes that one step further thats needed to become a "next level" experience.

It's still really good, though.

Shepard

Which one?
I'm guessing $10 of that is good towards one of the F2P games Amazon promotes (for use in the in-game store) while the other $5 is towards the Editor's Choice games in January.
nope. Buying might and magic gives you 3 promotional codes (1 for 15day of ABP for free, 1 for the amazon game for free and the 5 dollar for editor's choice games). "buying" (for free) the abp game and the amazon one also gives you 5 dollar each for the editor's choice games. So 15 for 2,49.

kami_sama

nope. Buying might and magic gives you 3 promotional codes (1 for 15day of ABP for free, 1 for the amazon game for free and the 5 dollar for editor's choice games). "buying" (for free) the abp game and the amazon one also gives you 5 dollar each for the editor's choice games. So 15 for 2,49.
And I hoped I could buy TSW for $2.49

Xanathus

It's because they cut out the side-missions and repackaged them as DLCs.

JaseC

It's worth noting that the $5 promotional credit can only be used once per transaction, so it doesn't stack and is virtually pointless if the Editor's Choice games aren't discounted in January.

Interesting, did you just buy that now or earlier this morning? Reason I ask is because over on CAG, Tony said it was brought to his attention that "buying" F2P games would generate $5 promo credits and that he had fixed it.

It's worth noting that the $5 promotional credit can only be used once per transaction, so it doesn't stack and is virtually pointless if the Editor's Choice games aren't discounted in January.

Fortunately there's almost no doubt that they'll be discounted at various points throughout the month, probably matching the prices from the Winter Sale (as was the case last year). Tony also didn't rule out bundles getting added to the Editor's Choice list.

JaseC

Fortunately there's almost no doubt that they'll be discounted at various points throughout the month, probably matching the prices from the Winter Sale (as was the case last year). Tony also didn't rule out bundles getting added to the Editor's Choice list.

The next time I see a shooting star, I'll wish for the inclusion of the Far Cry 3 DDE and the AssCreed 3 DDE.

ArjanN

I never really got that complaint, it didn't really seem like it had more driving than any other open world GTA type game. Although in GTA, Sleeping Dogs, etc I do just take a cab half the time, or they have other transportation options available like helicopters/jetpacks.

Zia

You're right, I am also not a big fun of the visual style of Knytt Undeground but I must admit that in Saira, that from this point of view was pretty similar, it worked well so I'll just way to see it running on my PC.

Yeah, I was pretty put off rummaging through screenshots, but it looks (and feels) really nice in motion.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm tempted to buy Syndicate on Amazon. Someone please convince me that its a terrible game and that I shouldn't buy it...

Well it is a pretty awful game and a disgrace to the franchise. As a shooter you can do a lot better in the genre than playing this trash heap made by the remnants of a company that's pretty much just relying on their past glory now since everyone of note left.

Rickenslacker said:
It's not on Steam, so that makes it terrible by default right?

This too. Don't support EA and their awful focus tested games and wannabe PC service.

iavi

I'm tempted to buy Syndicate on Amazon. Someone please convince me that its a terrible game and that I shouldn't buy it...

It's by no means a terrible game, and as a co-op multi experience is actually fantastic.

I just bought it, myself lol. First Origin game. I don't care anymore.

MRORANGE

Guys, I found a quick way to make some money for the Christmas sale:

8xuFu.png

Hopefully someone will bite on those crates.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I doubt it. Theres 370000 regular crates on the market now. I was buying naughty crates on mario kart servers for peanuts and flipping them on the market.

what the hell kind of drug dealer slang is this.

what has valve done to us?

Well it is a pretty awful game and a disgrace to the franchise. As a shooter you can do a lot better in the genre than playing this trash heap made by the remnants of a company that's pretty much just relying on their past glory now since everyone of note left.

This too. Don't support EA and their awful focus tested games and wannabe PC service.

It's not on Steam, so that makes it terrible by default right?

I heard some fairly bad things about the game as well, though I've always wanted to give it a try after hearing some love from a very vocal minority (Jeff Gertsmann, in particular). I don't actually mind Origin all that much, its not ideal but its not offensively bad either.

It's by no means a terrible game, and as a co-op multi experience is actually fantastic.

I just bought it, myself lol. First Origin game. I don't care anymore.

Yeah, I think the only draw for me is the potential for co-op with a friend. But I don't know, still contemplating on whether or not to actually bite the bullet.

In the mean time, I just bought Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. Can't say no to that price!

JaseC

what the hell kind of drug dealer slang is this.

what has valve done to us?

Deadbeat is actually Bryan Cranston and he's preparing for the as-yet unannounced sixth season of Breaking Bad, which sees Walter White transcend the tired shackles of the meth market to become a crate kingpin.

Deadbeat is actually Bryan Cranston and he's preparing for the as-yet unannounced sixth season of Breaking Bad, which sees Walter White transcend the tired shackles of the meth market to become a crate kingpin.

His entire family has been murdered, his cancer has gone, but Walt is doing fine, sitting in his underpants moving crates with a click of the mouse till the small hours of the morning. He's building empires....once again. COMING SOON IN 2014.

Still a better experience at the end of the day.

Are those spoilers above this post real? If so, get fucked dude.

It does? Wow never even noticed, I just installed and played without any issues *shrugs*

no drm can detract from the awesomeness that is riddick anyway

I was struggling to find something nice to say about Syndicate and EA....

Also DRM-free Riddick is almost $-free at GOG atm.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I was struggling to find something nice to say about Syndicate and EA....

Also DRM-free Riddick is almost $-free at GOG atm.

Indeed, and as the base price of Riddick in the UK is £15, the GOG version is cheaper than I could get it anyway, so I went for that.

Still, ready for the Christmas sale next week. I've refreshed my wishlist and hopefully some good prices come out of it.

Joe Molotov

This just happened:

Hvryd.jpg

I'm not really sure why. I guess because I had credit from buying stuff during the last sale, but I thought that credit was active until January? Oh well.

Edit: Apparently I had $5 credit from somewhere because I bought Viking: Battle for Asgard and it knocked $3.76 off of that. I'm not sure where it came from.

MRORANGE

This just happened:

Hvryd.jpg

I'm not really sure why. I guess because I had credit from buying stuff during the last sale, but I thought that credit was active until January? Oh well.

Edit: Apparently I had $5 credit from somewhere because I bought Viking: Battle for Asgard and it knocked $3.76 off of that. I'm not sure where it came from.

That game uses gfwl if I recall and it's pretty crap, play the f2p version instead.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I had those "extra codes" for another game I bought last month. I didn't know they woudl also give you extra credit.

Interesting.

HoosTrax

This game looks amazing, but i will wait for steam sale / humble bundle and then buy :(
Eh I was on the fence about Defender Quest, but I appreciate devs who are good about communicating with players, so I went ahead and got it just now.

(plus I had about $10 sitting in my Steam wallet from selling TF2 and Dota 2 crap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom