• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

plc268

Does anyone have any experience with successfully getting past the "The game is currently unavailable." error on Steam? I bought Alan Wake the day it was released and haven't yet gotten it to open despite reinstalling it and doing everything listed in the appropriate Steam FAQ twice.

Apparently I'm not alone in having the problem with this game, but I'm at a loss for what else to try.

I get that error with other games sometimes, and all I usually do to fix it is to change my download region. Sounds like a weird fix, but it may be worth a shot.

Nymerio

has anyone tried Brawl Busters?

I tried, but the game crashes almost instantly. I login and the screen goes blank, after a few seconds there's some kind of noise from the character creation and then it freezes. Can only force close it with the task manager. It's a pity, it looks kinda fun :/

camerooni

Neo Member
Dose anyone have a 2K Games coupon for trade? I have some other coupons and tf2 items.

I have a 25% 2K and ALL 2K games are stupid overpriced in Australia so it's essentially useless.. which coupons do you have for change.. might be better to go over in pm.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Might as well ask here, you guys know about the Be Mine indie sale right?

While when I bought it for myself the steam codes were there, but when I gifted it, the codes weren't available (only downloads) for my friends.

Might as well ask here, you guys know about the Be Mine indie sale right?

While when I bought it for myself the steam codes were there, but when I gifted it, the codes weren't available (only downloads) for my friends.

Did you gifted to your friends? But in the "downloads section" does not appear the second bundle?

jediyoshi

They got the games but not the codes to add them in steam (save for one game).
So when they're logged in and head to the purchases section, the game lines read something like this?

WXP Games Xotic PC ()

What about when they're on this page?

http://groupees.com/bemine/thanks

I bought a second bundle as a gift, but I used my email from the first bundle, and guess what? I haven't receive nothing, no codes no nothing
The order was charged and you didn't even receive any sort of confirmation email?

So when they're logged in and head to the purchases section, the game lines read something like this?

What about when they're on this page?

http://groupees.com/bemine/thanks

The order was charged and you didn't even receive any sort of confirmation email?

Nop I just received a payment confirmation email (paypal) then I was taken to the page that you posted (http://groupees.com/bemine/thanks), I thought that it going to receive my new keys, but my surprise was that they are the same keys from my first purchase, so I paid to receive the same keys?

jediyoshi

Nop I just received a payment confirmation email (paypal) then I was taken to the page that you posted, but my surprise is that they are the same keys from my "downloads" sections, so I paid to receive the same keys?
No, those are just your original keys because nothing has happened. New keys would have only showed up if you entered the redeem code that should have been emailed. Just keep checking the email you entered for the gifted version that should have a subject that reads "X has gifted you the Be Mine Indie Game Bundle" granted you used one of your own emails.

No, those are just your original keys because nothing has happened. New keys would have only showed up if you entered the redeem code that should have been emailed. Just keep checking the email you entered for the gifted version that should have a subject that reads "X has gifted you the Be Mine Indie Game Bundle" granted you used one of your own emails.

Ohhh ok, I gifted myself the second bundle, (I used the same email from my first purchase) could it be a problem for use the same email? And yes I have to wait and I'll check my email, because I haven't receive nothing.

Chesskid1

Banned
Amazon Rep on CAG said:
As for the other deals, I like to get all of them lined up and then announce in bulk, but as I've said before, we'll have some killer prices on Payday and The Darkness II. We've got like 40 games on sale, I'll have the other headliners up (with prices and duration) up this week

amazon killing it <3

Yeah, I tried Brawl Busters. Didn't like it. Gameplay is way too basic. I don't mind the art style, but yeah it's just a button masher from what I saw.

Really tired of Steam. The interface is slow as hell. Had to vent sorry. Now back to CSS.

Edit: I don't own it, but that's because it didn't seem like my type of game. Did the creator ever reveal how many copies were given away to GAf members?

It's slightly of topic but i think this is the most active Valve related thread in the forum, so it draws the people with more knowledge.

Im looking for a mod for both Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. Basically i want the 1st person point of view the way it was designed in Left 4 Dead 1, where it was possible to see the character's body through his eyes. Does such mod exists?

Finally is there a way to activate crocuh toggle in Portal 2?

Hope someone can help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom