• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Awesome, but do I have to make an account to buy it?
Yeah. I just lazied out and fb logged in.

PS. If you gift it, the person redeeming it with their gift code also has to make an account. So if anyone's looking to buy another copy just to see individual keys, email it to yourself, get the gift code and redeem it while you're logged in to your own account. It'll list the new keys in your keys page.

Yeah. I just lazied out and fb logged in.

PS. If you gift it, the person redeeming it with their gift code also has to make an account. So if anyone's looking to buy another copy just to see individual keys, email it to yourself, get the gift code and redeem it while you're logged in to your own account. It'll list the new keys in your keys page.

Thanks, I think I'll log through FB too.

When the site goes back up of course (Yep, It's down again).

Kabouter

Free Stuff Time.

Xotic

Wasteland Angel

Beep

Nikopol: Secret of Immortals

Critical Mass

Fortix 2

Bunch of Heroes

Quote to reveal, post if you've taken one.
FYI, everything is taken as far as I can tell. I tried to take Nikopol like 25 minutes ago, and it was already taken. Tried some others, all taken as well.

The Xotic DLCs that have unlocked in the Be Mine bundle are showing up as Mac only on my profile page. Is it not available for Windows?

I love having money in my steam wallet because then I can rationalize buying a game as, 'Well I have already spent the money so I might as well get this game'. Not a good strategy if you aren't trying to spend a lot of money, but a decent way of letting your backlog grow without the painful feelings of remorse.

I love having money in my steam wallet because then I can rationalize buying a game as, 'Well I have already spent the money so I might as well get this game'. Not a good strategy if you aren't trying to spend a lot of money, but a decent way of letting your backlog grow without the painful feelings of remorse.

Hah, I have the same thoughts about using PSN cards. The leftover money always goes to some small game or DLC.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wolfenstein seems nice so far, I thought it'd be considerably worse than Singularity due to some screens/vids/stuff but it's almost like more of the same with a few tweaks. Also, who did the CG intro? Very nicely done, maybe not in stills but it's got good motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDFaygmMp-c
The first 2:30 that is, then it seems to be in game quality assets.

Echoplx

I already regret this, who the hell thought it was a good idea to put so many stupid launch options?

WEoA7.png

Relax.MX

Hopefully who get the SMNC...actually play it..i have friends who really want that beta...im 23 hr in the beta...is really really fun but...i dont understand people with backlog of beta games...like people who never play DOTA 2...

Echoplx

A dev who gives a shit about PC gaming.

Also you can bypass that by launching the game from the quick-launch of the Steam icon on the taskbar.

They can give all the shits they want about PC gaming, I don't care. Just do it in a way that doesn't make it a pain in the ass to simply play the damn thing.

NIN90

Getting this error whenever I try to launch MW3:

Couldn't load image 'weapon_skorpion'

Any hints? Already tried verifying the game cache, no dice.
Google turned up nothing.

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, I'm giving away some keys from the BeMine bundle. PM and ye shall recieve. Don't quote this post or you won't get it. One per customer, please.

(all BeMine bundle keys taken, sorry!)
Portal (gone)
Tribes Ascend beta key (gone)

Oh and regarding the Brazilian deals - what's the good word on Gothic 4? R$9.90 is less that £4, and i would get Shogun 2: Total War for that, but I just know that it would never get played. Really, I've got Rome, Medieval II and all their expansions, but I haven't even touched their shortcut icons with my cursor arrow yet.

Not really. It's a clone of Mega Man X8, of all things, but it adds twin-stick aiming for basically no reason. It's very generic and I can't recommend it unreservedly.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why would you do that? It was cheap as chips.

As for ARES Complete, at that price I'd say "go for it IF you're a Mega Man X fan". Nice little 2D platform shooter of the oldest school.

Because I already bought too much as it is and I've already done that it's only $5 multiple times and have ended up with so many games that I'll never kno what to do with. That and like Stump said it'll probably be on sale again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom