• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

daebo

Yep. I bought it from Amazon and activated it on Steam, dunno if I'll ever play it lol.

Yeah, I just bought it too and activated it. It comes with the first DLC as well. Don't know if I'll play, but I got just in case. Couldn't pass up 3 bucks.

Sanic

Realm of the Mad God's description has sold me like nothing else. Like, I immediately stopped the important thing I was doing to go download it.

edit: Well, first ten minutes weren't super positive. Overall a pretty janky experience. Poor performance, fairly glitchy. I like the concept, though.

Relax.MX

Im playing New Vegas right now but i have one question, what happen when i finish the game? i can still playing with my char? or is just the finish like Fallout 3? (before the update)

And what DLC is must buy ?? :)

Thanks in advance :)

Card Boy

Banned
Im playing New Vegas right now but i have one question, what happen when i finish the game? i can still playing with my char? or is just the finish like Fallout 3? (before the update)

I believe it continues, if it doesn't I'm sure there is a mod out there. Also modding is really easy with New Vegas.

Just download Nexus Mod Manager and your off.

NBtoaster

You cannot play after the ending. The point of no return is clearly marked though.

Sober

There is a point of no return that the game will make a save just before. There is no post-ending game (short of using a mod, I guess); if you want to play anything else like DLC you can reload to that point and play from there.

Card Boy

Banned
Thank you all for your quick response :)

Just for curiosity which way you chose in the end?

PD: Must buy DLC? :)

Just buy the Ultimate Bundle. I got a Gamefly 30% coupon if you want it. That shit site is useless to me as 95% off the games on it is region locked to people in North America.

Relax.MX

Just buy the Ultimate Bundle. I got a Gamefly 30% coupon if you want it. That shit site is useless to me as 95% off the games on it is region locked to people in North America.

Not enough money...but thanks!! (always gaf :) ) i better wait for a sale :)

Loam

So what started as a quick 15 min break turned into a two hour marathon of Realm of the Mad God. Game is a bit janky, but wow is it addicting.

A kind Gaffer had invited me to the SMNC beta a few weeks ago so I figure it's only right to pay it forward. Anyone who wants an invite, just ask (post your Steam id) and I'll pass it along to you.

Volcynika

I have two Super MNC beta invites, just quote me and I'll send you a PM. Because I'm at work however, I won't be able to send them until this evening (I'm in the US, Central Time). So if you want them, you won't get them till the end of the day, so be patient! :p

EDIT: One left!

Chavelo

I have two Super MNC beta invites, just quote me and I'll send you a PM. Because I'm at work however, I won't be able to send them until this evening (I'm in the US, Central Time). So if you want them, you won't get them till the end of the day, so be patient! :p
Me! :D

Any info on this? All the other sequels have been horrible.

Nordic Games has released the following information:

Battle never ceases in the realm known as Hell. This time around it’s a battle for the freedom of your very own soul. Can you make the escape from your prison hidden on the bottom pit of Hell? Do you have the guts to travel through the most dangerous, twisted, and mind-boggling areas which are infamous for being feared even by demons themselves? You better be prepared to significantly downsize (read: annihilate) the demonic population in this corner of Hell.

Once again, you’ll have a chance to absorb the magnificent, dark atmosphere of the good (or evil?) Painkiller, the only true oldschool First Person Shooter makes its return. Tough as 25 year old beef jerky, absolutely no signs of remorse, and without any touch of motion blur or other technological makeup… Just Painkiller, nothing else!

5 new levels with stunning locations like an Angkor temple, a massive old warehouse, and a highway with a huge pile-up of cars, a monastery, and a cemetery.

This new campaign guarantees for 5+ hours of new and genuine Painkiller action

Genuine Painkiller action includes, but is not limited to:

A Sh*t load of demons to “deal with”

No Autoheal, you got to earn your healing the hard way

Save your game progress at any time (i.e. no checkpoint wanderings), or without any checkpoints at all, choose your difficulty setting wisely

Even more bloodshed and action per square meter: immerse into freaking intense gameplay & ultimately challenging FPS action

More dense maps and sick enemies than ever before: kill over 6.000 uniquely spawned wicked monsters

Continue the story of good old Bill Sherman (Daniel Garner, should you ask, is currently busy)

Improved graphics, AI, environments, as well as new atmospheric soundtrack

Here are screenshots: http://pkzone.org/2012/01/painkiller-recurring-evil-new-game-coming-soon/

And the team that is doing this seems new. They've done some modeling in previous Painkillers and in Team Fortress 2. They also won a license for the unigine in a game development contest held by the unigine developers.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is going to have a sale this friday on Green Man Gaming (75% off, only for 24 hours).

L.A. Noire is also going to have a sale this thursday (75% off, only for 24 hours).

Kabouter

Would buy Cities XL 2012 if they didn't take my 'you already own Cities XL 2011' discount away any time there's a sale. €10 is too much for an incremental upgrade over 2011.

Oh, in case anyone owns Hearts of Iron III, I would recommend the Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes DLC. I can give more detailed impressions, but I doubt anyone here has actually played Hearts of Iron III enough to want it :p.

Zizbuka

Banned
Some people complained about Cities XL on the Steam forums, but since it's a shared forum for all versions not sure which one.

Is 2012 good? I prefer the building aspect to micro-managing the moneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom