• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Banned
For reference, about 5,700 copies of Sequence were given away on GAF. Only around 4,250 have been activated.

But being on sale is awesome. = D

The_End

Speaking of DOTA 2, I won something called DOTA 2 - Hardware Survey during the holiday gift pile. What the hell is that? Is it a copy of the beta, or is it just a link to the survey that you can do to try and get a beta invite?

Silex

Speaking of DOTA 2, I won something called DOTA 2 - Hardware Survey during the holiday gift pile. What the hell is that? Is it a copy of the beta, or is it just a link to the survey that you can do to try and get a beta invite?

It's a copy of the game itself, you're lucky.
If you don't need it, I'll be happy to try and trade something for it. :p

vocab

Ill trade you a copy of portal for it.

The_End

Thanks for the replies. i think I'm gonna try and trade it on the Steam forums. If i don't get any offers, I'm gonna give it Leon Belmont since he's been trying for so long to get a copy.

MRORANGE

payday the heist will be $4.99 on amazon (steam). they haven't set a start time yet, still working on it, but the amazon rep shared one of the deals. great price, start saving!

Payday is a great game with some friends along side you. Also check out the OT.

IbRWw.jpg

Volcynika

If you have people to play with and all that, Payday is fun (though I must not be used to it because sometimes it's pretty hard).

If you don't have anyone to play with, I'd pass.

sgossard

payday the heist will be $4.99 on amazon (steam). they haven't set a start time yet, still working on it, but the amazon rep shared one of the deals. great price, start saving!

Awesome, Payday has been on my wishlist for too long.
Will a kind a gaffer please buy it for me? Of course I will Paypal in advance.
(I already tried creating a USA amazon account but that hasn't worked well for me. Mexi-gaf here.)

Blizzard

Banned
As always, Just Cause 2 is an outstanding game, a sweet PC port, and recommended at that price. Bear in mind that there's a demo, and also bear in mind that the game will not work on Windows XP if you still have that for some reason.

As always, Just Cause 2 is an outstanding game, a sweet PC port, and recommended at that price. Bear in mind that there's a demo, and also bear in mind that the game will not work on Windows XP if you still have that for some reason.

More selling points. Hookshot ANYTHING, Steal a jetliner fly into the air then jump out on top of it and shoot other planes. Oh and its MUCH bigger then GTA4. But come on you can stand on top of a flying plane and shoot others down with your guns.

I posted in the Super Monday Night Combat thread and didn't get any responses so I thought I would try here. I've got 4 codes I don't want just PM me your steam ID and I will send one your way.

Dragon

Banned
Bros I'm one day from hooking my computer to my TV (waiting for DVI-HDMI cable). I just jumped in (yay) to Steam and besides playing the shit out of Bastion and Sequence (GAF) what other games would you recommend a PS3 only gamer for the last few years? My friend wants me to play the Mass Effect series so I might wait for a sale on those.

KarmaCow

another free dlc for dungeon defenders, for president's day

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204388/

I appreciate free DLC but I don't enjoy waking up and finding out that the game has downloaded another 300 megs when I'm worried about bandwidth caps. Setting it to not update doesn't seem to work either. At least it doesn't redownload the entire game like Sanctum but I'm leaning toward just uninstalling the game to avoid it all together.

Vamphuntr

I'm giving away all my coupons for free. The deadline is approaching and I don't expect to use them. If you want one of them just send me a pm. One per gaffer.

rALyj.png

EDIT :

Following codes are gone :

Napoleon Total War
Portal 2
Defense Grid
Monday Night Combat

1-D_FTW

I appreciate free DLC but I don't enjoy waking up and finding out that the game has downloaded another 300 megs when I'm worried about bandwidth caps. Setting it to not update doesn't seem to work either. At least it doesn't redownload the entire game like Sanctum but I'm leaning toward just uninstalling the game to avoid it all together.

It's clearly a bug for some people. Because Steam always respects my choices. I have updates disabled on that, and nothing for me. And it's never ignored those requests.

Redownloading shit for shits and giggles? That's where Steam steals my bandwidth. Right now, it's decided it'd be fun to redownload Worms Golf (500 MB) even though it's already installed and there's not been any update.

Thanks, Gabe.

Loam

Does anyone know if Realm of the Mad God comes with any of the typical F2P anti cheat programs? Installed AVA a few days back for the TF2 item only to find that I had to jump through hoops to get game guard off my system. It looks fun, but I don't want to be burned like that again.

Does anyone know if Realm of the Mad God comes with any of the typical F2P anti cheat programs? Installed AVA a few days back for the TF2 item only to find that I had to jump through hoops to get game guard off my system. It looks fun, but I don't want to be burned like that again.

I don't know about the steam version, but its just a browser based game isn't it so there shouldn't be anything that intrusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom