• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I have the following coupons to give away if anyone wants them:

33% Off Valve
50% OFF Crazy Machines Everything Pack
50% OFF The Hitman Collection
50% OFF Cyan Worlds
50% OFF Rockstar Games
50% OFF Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season 1

PM me if you want them.

AlexBasch

Completely stupid question.

Will the coupons die on the first minute of March 1 or at the first of March 2?

Because I'm holding a 75% COD4 coupon and I'm not sure if someone might use it. I've got two Battlefield games for my multiplayer itch already.

goober

Completely stupid question.

Will the coupons die on the first minute of March 1 or at the first of March 2?

Because I'm holding a 75% COD4 coupon and I'm not sure if someone might use it. I've got two Battlefield games for my multiplayer itch already.
10AM march 1 PST

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if Age of Empires III Complete will ever go on a huge sale. 40 bucks for that is just begging to be spanked. Silly Microsoft.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have this to give away, PM if you are interested. If I don't reply it's because someone else took it before.

-33% Bethesda
-25% Bethesda
-33% Ubisoft
-50% Fallout New Vegas
-50% H.A.W.K. 2
-50% Rockstar
-50% L4D2
-50% L.A. Noire

I was supposed to use some of this but for some reason I could not so there you go.

Mairu

If anyone wants 25% off Ubi coupon let me know.

Edit: gone!

Thanks! I'm probably going to still try to see if anyone has a bigger discount before I purchase AC:Revelations at the end of the day and if that's the case I'll forward the 25% to someone else... Coupon hunting time! ;p

Edit: Oh, and if anyone wants a 25% off valve coupon or a 50% off super meat boy coupon feel free to pm

edit 2: thanks NaM for the 33% off ubisoft coupon! If anyone wants the 25% off one pm me!

dot

I couldn't find the steam trading thread so i'll just post here.

I got...

-50% Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
-50% TwoTribes Pack
-33% Valve Complete Pack
-25% Konami
-50% Dogfighter
-50% Kalypso Media
-50% Fallout Collection
-50% The Binding of Isaac
-75% Torchlight
-25% Valve

PM me if interested in any of these. I'd hate for these coupons to go to waste..

If a GAF member tries to rip you off, please feel free to let us know.
Two didn't say, one did but he was so blatantly trying to screw me I didn't even bother doing a search. He invited me to a "trading group" to prove he was legit, that was created that day and he was the only member, haha.

For the most part GAF are good peeps. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all lurkers or juniors.

StuBurns

Banned
I'd love that if it's not gone yet.

I've got 75% off Napoleon: Total War and 50% off Valve.. pretty useless but still. anyone want it?
If you still want it despite that Amazon offer, it's yours, add me on Steam, same user name as here, I'm on right now.

I have a question for anyone who can answer. I installed Mass Effect on Origin earlier, and the performance was really dog shit bad, even with everything on low, then I tried ME2, and it was totally fine maxed, then I decided to install ME on Steam to check, and now it's fine, with everything turned on. Any idea what's wrong?

Baha

What do you mean? They just wanted me to give them the code first like I'm some sort of moron! I think they were all lurkers.

It's kinda baffling me I can't trade MW2 for Dear Esther to be honest! Haha.

The way I did it when I had a steam code to trade was first confirm with the game the I wanted in exchange. Then I waited for them to buy it and I confirmed it was in their inventory. I went first then since I had a steam code which they could of course only verify upon activating it. Then they sent or traded me the game I wanted. This of course was done with another gaffer. Best thing to do is have both parties post in the thread with their intentions to trade and then post afterwards if the trade went smoothly or not.

Two didn't say, one did but he was so blatantly trying to screw me I didn't even bother doing a search. He invited me to a "trading group" to prove he was legit, that was created that day and he was the only member, haha.

For the most part GAF are good peeps. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all lurkers or juniors.

Damn man. If I didn't have MW2 already I'd take you up on this. I am pleased to say I didn't have lurkers trying to scam me for my extra copy of Batman but I did have people that when they found out it was the nvidia code they decided to not trade as they had been burned by codes in the past.

The way I did it when I had a steam code to trade was first confirm with the game the I wanted in exchange. Then I waited for them to buy it and I confirmed it was in their inventory. I went first then since I had a steam code which they could of course only verify upon activating it. Then they sent or traded me the game I wanted. This of course was done with another gaffer. Best thing to do is have both parties post in the thread with their intentions to trade and then post afterwards if the trade went smoothly or not.

I did pretty much the same thing. Made sure it was in the inventory, and in chat sent the code and they gifted the game to me at the time I put the code in chat.

If it's a GAFer I know or who has a decent post count I'd be happy to just give the code up front. I always do when I'm asking for people to gift me stuff for cheap in sales etc, Paypal first and whatnot.

When it's some random sketchy people, not so much :p

Card Boy

Banned
Payday free weekend coming out. I shit you not i prefer this more than L4D. I think the big DLC may be hitting during the weekend.

xlmYU.png

Also notice the DOTA2 Steel Series retail listing there? Also i didn't know Ridge Racer Unbounded is coming to PC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I thought in the trade system it's impossible for the person to 'steal' the item without your confirmation?

Sounds like he had a MW2 key from Amazon, so it couldn't be traded like an item bought directly from Steam.

It's not surprising, but it's a shame that people try to pull off scams like that. The creeps are probably lurking this thread right now. I haven't experienced anything like that personally, but I have been messaged by a few random people asking me to gift them games like I'm Santa Claus or some shit.

Baha

Payday free weekend coming out. I shit you not i prefer this more than L4D. I think the big DLC may be hitting during the weekend.

xlmYU.png

Also notice the DOTA2 Steel Series retail listing there?

Steel Series is a PC peripheral company iirc. Sounds like a branded dota 2 mouse or keyboard bundled with a copy of dota 2.

Lime

Thanks, it registered it fine, but it hasn't been added to Origin or anything, or given me a link to it. I hate Origin already.

EDIT: I just found a 'My Games' page on the EA site, and it doesn't have Mass Effect, or the games already working on Origin on it, but it does have Mirror's Edge listed. What a crock of shit this service is.

You should use the new key you got and insert it in Origin. The tool won't automatically add it for you, you know.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
If it's a GAFer I know or who has a decent post count I'd be happy to just give the code up front. I always do when I'm asking for people to gift me stuff for cheap in sales etc, Paypal first and whatnot.

This guy lies.

He took the Sherlock Holmes collection off me without so much as a thanks, the bastard!

Ok, I bought it for him at Christmas, heh

I hope we don't have GAF people trying to scam fellow members, but of course a few bad apples will always try to sour the majority and I have helped and been helped by many people here so I can say that as a community GAF is awesome for Steam gifting etc.

StuBurns

Banned
I can't add it to my inventory since I own the game, it says it's a duplicate. All I have is the code.
I'm not saying people aren't trying to rip you off, but how do they know you're not trying to rip them off? I think you're both in the same position, maybe worse for them because they're just getting a code, which could be anything, or nothing, you're getting a very specific item.
You should use the new key you got and insert it in Origin. The tool won't automatically add it for you, you know.
It's already fixed, but I don't know what that means, I wasn't given any new key, or way to download the game, or anything.

Baha

I'm not saying people aren't trying to rip you off, but how do they know you're not trying to rip them off? I think you're both in the same position, maybe worse for them because they're just getting a code, which could be anything, or nothing, you're getting a very specific item.

It's already fixed, but I don't know what that means, I wasn't given any new key, or way to download the game, or anything.

Yeah, that's what makes trading steam codes tricky and why I usually go first after confirming that the other party has the game I want in their inventory.

Well I have like 15k posts here and I have a history of trading/paying for Steam stuff. Like I said, I trust GAFers. These folks were not people who regularly post in this thread.

If you added me on Steam now and said you wanted to trade, I'd paste it to you instantly because I know you.

If you add someone on a forum (I like to think I'm an established member) and then expect them to make the first move it seems pretty silly to me if you're not a known member or even on that forum. But like I said, I'm certain two of them were just scammers.

StuBurns

Banned
Well I have like 15k posts here and I have a history of trading/paying for Steam stuff. Like I said, I trust GAFers. These folks were not people who regularly post in this thread.

If you added me on Steam now and said you wanted to trade, I'd paste it to you instantly because I know you.

If you add someone on a forum (I like to think I'm an established member) and then expect them to make the first move it seems pretty silly to me if you're not a known member or even on that forum. But like I said, I'm certain two of them were just scammers.
Don't take this the wrong way, it's certainly not specific to yourself, but those things, while true, are exactly why you could get away with ripping someone off. If some lurker posted for the first time that you'd ripped them off no one would take that person's word over yours. So I could see why someone wouldn't want to trade first. In saying that, they're probably better off not even suggesting a trade if that was actually their concern, so yeah, you're probably right.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
True.

/prowls for juniors to rip-off.

You've just created a monster.

Sounds like you're pulling what they call a "long-con". I'm on to you.

Nice. The DRM situation is a shame, because it's a wonderful game. My personal GOTY last year. I'd double dip...but I have it on PS3 and I'm getting the Vita version soon. Maybe when it's super cheap just to have it on Steam.

chixdiggit

Rayman demo download button is not working for me.
Never played a proper Rayman platformer before so I'm kind of interested. Is the pre-order bonus worth playing?

epmode

I had trouble with the download button too. Try clicking that Steam link a few posts up, then check your installed game list. The demo was there for me. I had to try launching it before the game would actually download it though.

steam://install/207510

Nice. The DRM situation is a shame, because it's a wonderful game. My personal GOTY last year. I'd double dip...but I have it on PS3 and I'm getting the Vita version soon. Maybe when it's super cheap just to have it on Steam.

I am in the same boat. SUch a good game, if you don't own it you need to get it now.

MRORANGE

What do you mean? They just wanted me to give them the code first like I'm some sort of moron! I think they were all lurkers.

It's kinda baffling me I can't trade MW2 for Dear Esther to be honest! Haha.

some general do's and don't of steam trading in gaf:

- make sure you pm'd the person to acknowledge the trade otherwise you get lurkers/randoms who just want to trade stuff you do not want.
- if you feel like your being hassled / ripped off ^as Stumpokapow said report it to the mods. (print screening and conversations will help)
- if your really paranoid, take there steam ID, this can't change even if there changed there ID
- AVOID trading key's for games and vice versa, this can bite you in both ways, there's a reason why you can't use keys in the trading system.

on the last point: I wanted to trade a game (think it la noire) someone wanted to give me a cd key for rage, but was reluctant to give it, until I gave the game (even though it was in my inventory) so I said no. Later checking the steam forums I saw people complaining about getting ripped off from the same user ID as I was just about to trade.

f

Hmm... wonder if Stronghold Kingdoms is any good.
Sorry for the late answer...

The game is really good especially if you like the first two games. Even when playing only alone it's fun for a good amount of time. If you don't like the battles - like me - there will be a time when you need to stop. But up until then you'll have a nice time. (It is some kind of browser game mechanic so be patient)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom