• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfvgt

Neo Member
As posted above....

I tried that and it didn't work.

Edit: Works after restarting Steam, thanks dk_. I should have tried it right away, most problems with Steam can be solved by either restarting Steam or deleting ClientRegistry.blob.

And since I've mentioned this file, I've got a nice story about it: a few years ago I bought Left 4 Dead on Steam. I didn't work correctly and I was pissed because I was too stupid to find out how to fix it. Two years later I decide to use Steam again and finally found the solution.

ShaneB

Ah, it was in my library as mentioned, just had to "play" to get it downloading.

edit: but now I'm stuck with this message..

yQsbW.png

nevermind... I just closed it via taskbar. lol

The Judge

So GAF, I have some currency problems on Steam.

I've recently moved (temporarily) to Europe and I've been trying to add funds to my wallet. Problem is I have 0.19USD in it, and when I try to add funds while being on EuroLand, Steam keeps giving me errors saying it can't process the request or something like that (it's before the billing screen, so the problem isnt my card).

Anyone ever had to deal with this? Thanks!

StuBurns

Banned
CS:GO is pissing me off so bad, it's perfect 60 for maybe five minutes before it just starts degrading to the point it's a slide show after twenty minutes. Very frustrating.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it normal not being able to pay with Paypal at GetGamesGo? I might take this as a sign of waiting for the summer sales...

So GAF, I have some currency problems on Steam.

I've recently moved (temporarily) to Europe and I've been trying to add funds to my wallet. Problem is I have 0.19USD in it, and when I try to add funds while being on EuroLand, Steam keeps giving me errors saying it can't process the request or something like that (it's before the billing screen, so the problem isnt my card).

Anyone ever had to deal with this? Thanks!

I'd contact Steam support https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Nabs

You guys probably heard about Baldurs Gate being added to the registry a while ago, but it looks like it was updated just recently. Maybe it will get a Steam release once whatever they announce gets announced.

Actually, Icewind Dale I/II and Planescape got added as well.

Maybe even The Temple of Elemental Evil.

MRORANGE

screw it, I bought Rayman Origins, I am probably going to cry in a month's time when Ubi add's it's surprise DRM, in the meanwhile:

lpUL2.png

:D finally I can replace my rayman 2 cd-rom

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You guys probably heard about Baldurs Gate being added to the registry a while ago, but it looks like it was updated just recently. Maybe it will get a Steam release once whatever they announce gets announced.

Will triple dip on all of them.

lfvgt

Neo Member

Nice.

I don't know if you can gift em or what but I have a few coupons...
50% off Sonic Generations
25% off Valve
10% off 2K
50% off muche's oddysee
PM

Sarcasm

SO why did the demo for Rayman install it self? I booted up today and see it on my right click menu on the system tray.

I went to 'open' the Rayman demo so it would download the files and now I'm stuck with a little window that says Game Content Conversion and won't let me click anywhere on the Steam client.

Anyone know how to get rid of this aside from killing the process in task manager?

ShaneB

I went to 'open' the Rayman demo so it would download the files and now I'm stuck with a little window that says Game Content Conversion and won't let me click anywhere on the Steam client.

Anyone know how to get rid of this aside from killing the process in task manager?

Same thing happened to me, all I did was just close the window via the taskbar.

Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, and The Temple of Elemental Evil was added to the registry.

Edit: Beaten.

Edit 2: Well, Joakim Sandberg entry was updated and it seems like two titles will be available from him. I'm guessing The Iconoclasts and NOITU LOVE 2 will be available.

StuBurns

Banned
Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, and The Temple of Elemental Evil was added to the registry.

Edit 2: Well, Joakim Sandberg entry was updated and it seems like two titles will be available from him. I'm guessing The Iconoclasts and NOITU LOVE 2 will be available.
I missed that, so thanks for posting again anyway. I've been meaning to buy Torment from GOG for like two years at this point, glad I held out.

Valve, DN3D isn't on Steam, I would like that to be corrected.

cicero

wow. I was just complaining about Noitu Love 2 being rejected a day or so ago. Time to add Unity of Command and Din's Curse, GABE@!#

cicero

I missed that, so thanks for posting again anyway. I've been meaning to buy Torment from GOG for like two years at this point, glad I held out.

I kind of doubt that it will be at the current Gamersgate sale price of $6.78 for the entire Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection though.

StuBurns

Banned
I kind of doubt that it will be at the current Gamersgate sale price of $6.78 for the entire Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection though.
Thanks, that's an impressive price, but I really just want Ps:T, I'll stick with Steam. It's only going to be added to my backlog for the time being.

Sajjaja

Hey did anyone have RAYMAN Origins demo installed on their computer randomly? I just opened my steam and it was there...but I didn't install it...

Caerith

SO why did the demo for Rayman install it self? I booted up today and see it on my right click menu on the system tray.
It's kinda creepy, but it might not be the first thing to do so. I have Dota 2 in my Online folder, but recently Dota 2 Test showed up in my Games folder as a separate installed entity. I thought it was just part of having Dota 2 installed, didn't really pay attention, but now that the Rayman Origins Demo popped up out of nowhere I'm starting to wonder what Valve is doing.

Rayman showing up in the list seems to be just a glitch. It isn't actually installed at all until you take some action; nothing in steamapps/common, etc.

jediyoshi

It's kinda creepy, but it might not be the first thing to do so. I have Dota 2 in my Online folder, but recently Dota 2 Test showed up in my Games folder as a separate installed entity. I thought it was just part of having Dota 2 installed, didn't really pay attention, but now that the Rayman Origins Demo popped up out of nowhere I'm starting to wonder what Valve is doing.
They've clarified earlier this month why there were 2 versions
http://blog.dota2.com/2012/02/we-got-nothing/

Gattsu25

Banned

Awesome

Also, WTF? at the Rayman Origins demo appearing to install itself.. I'm glad that wasn't just me that it happened to. I was starting to think that someone hacked into my PC or something..

zkylon

zkylewd

I still suggest you get Torment on GOG. The soundtrack's well worth not having it on Steam.

screw it, I bought Rayman Origins, I am probably going to cry in a month's time when Ubi add's it's surprise DRM, in the meanwhile:

lpUL2.png

:D finally I can replace my rayman 2 cd-rom

The game is almost worth having DRM over.

I personally just bought it on vita. I'm kinda jelly that it's up for pre-order on steam now though.

I love gog. I don't mind keeping two seperate libraries in that case because they have two very different pools of games and ultimately serve two different audiences (some of the steam hate I see in their forums is hilarious). In regards to the d & d game discussion that was going on.

StuBurns

Banned
I love gog. I don't mind keeping two seperate libraries in that case because they have two very different pools of games and ultimately serve two different audiences (some of the steam hate I see in their forums is hilarious). In regards to the d & d game discussion that was going on.
I don't have any sort of fanboy ties to Steam or anything, I just greatly prefer to have all my games localized within a single account. I would have got around to buying it on GoG had I cleared my backlog at some point.

I don't have any sort of fanboy ties to Steam or anything, I just greatly prefer to have all my games localized within a single account. I would have got around to buying it on GoG had I cleared my backlog at some point.

I totally understand. It's become too hard (or I've become too lazy) to keep track of everything on this damn computer. It's labyrinth of files still scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom