• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really want to play Half-Life. I even started a new game just minutes ago, but my willpower reserves kicked in and I managed to quit before finishing the opening tram sequence.

...you haven't beaten HL1?

I didn't have the original installed, for some reason. I fixed that while playing Source, though. ;)
OG beats Source any day of the week. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either incredibly high or didn't play enough of the original. Source had a number of things that got fucked up in the transition. For OG, make sure you use the proper FOV: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/half-life-steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...you haven't beaten HL1?

Oh, I have, but not since receiving it as a birthday present in 1999. I've been holding off on playing through the series again until Half-Life 3 is around the corner. The wait has been... long.

OG beats Source any day of the week. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either incredibly high or didn't play enough of the original. Source had a number of things that got fucked up in the transition. For OG, make sure you use the proper FOV: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/half-life-steam

One thing I noticed during the tram ride in the beginning is that the Source port supports dynamic lighting on character models, and it looks terrible.

MRORANGE

release gap between HL1-HL2 : 2190 days

release gap HL2:EP2 - today : 1605 days

release gap HL2 - today : 2663 days

From my calculations we can expect HL3/EP3 next year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just realised a year has passed since Valve announced Steam's Big Picture Mode.

5ISk7.jpg

release gap between HL1-HL2 : 2190 days

release gap HL2:EP2 - today : 1605 days

release gap HL2 - today : 2663 days

From my calculations we can expect HL3/EP3 next year.

Days since Episode Three was announced: 2,107.

daviyoung

Banned
First day of spring is 21 March.

Today is St David's day, in which you gift SmokyDave something from Steam in exchange for great weather.

Wasn't it only a weekend though? Maybe I'm not just not remembering it, but to me the summer and winter sales are the only REAL megasales.

the Autumn sale had 5 days of daily sales in late november

hope it's earlier this year, it came so close to the winter sale it made me want to hold off for better deals

FuKuy

Volcynika

well Street Fighter vs Tekken is coming to PC, it's now a question of what Capcom are going to use.

They said a while back their next few PC games would be using GFWL, so this would probably be included along with Operation Raccoon City. I'd have to find the actual quote or mention though, it was a few months ago.

EDIT: Fukuy saves the day!

The_End

Can anybody recall if the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics Collection has ever gone on sale? Steamprices doesn't have an entry for the complete pack, so but even when I check one of the 4 separate collections, I don't see any history of a discount. I could have sworn that they went on sale like six months ago. Or at the very least, during the holiday sale.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to use my 50% OFF SEGA Classics Collection coupon or to wait for a further discount. I'm not gonna be playing these games anytime soon. I'm just looking to add them to my library. So unless there's just no history at all of a discount on these things, I think I might hold off on buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom