• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baha

Just finished my steam coupon shopping spree and I ended up spending just under $50. Here's my haul discounted at 50% for every item:

Syberia 1+2 bundle
Still Life 1+2 bundle
Avencast
Post Mortem
Robin Hood
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Fallout 1+2+Tactics

Never knew how much I was missing from the Meridian4 catalogue until now.

Joe Molotov

Can anybody recall if the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics Collection has ever gone on sale? Steamprices doesn't have an entry for the complete pack, so but even when I check one of the 4 separate collections, I don't see any history of a discount. I could have sworn that they went on sale like six months ago. Or at the very least, during the holiday sale.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to use my 50% OFF SEGA Classics Collection coupon or to wait for a further discount. I'm not gonna be playing these games anytime soon. I'm just looking to add them to my library. So unless there's just no history at all of a discount on these things, I think I might hold off on buying.

It's been $10 before.

MRORANGE

GFWL.

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28954619/SFxT_PC_and_GFWL

People at CAPCOM are in another dimension or something...

There's still hope. Last RE: Operation Raccoon City trailer didn't have any GFW logo.

They said a while back their next few PC games would be using GFWL, so this would probably be included along with Operation Raccoon City. I'd have to find the actual quote or mention though, it was a few months ago.

EDIT: Fukuy saves the day!

GFWL, unfortunately

Wow.

Am I missing something here? Is GFWL somehow more secure than a Steamworks multiplayer mode?

And I'm not really sure how GFWL ensures feature consistency.

god dammit capcom

U0Crs.gif

theRizzle

Surely they will announce Left 4 D3AD

Don't you mean L3FT 4 D3AD?

Sadly, I have so many games in my Steam backlog that I hope this is the "Big Picture Mode" more than any game announcement. Although, if it has to be an announcement, I have equal hope for L4D3 or HL3.

MNC

Some guy from Russia who randomly added me to his Steam friend list quite a while ago traded me a 50% off Bethesda Games coupon for my 50% off Valve Games coupon. God bless that guy.

It didn't even cross my mind that scamming was possible given the way Steam's trading system works.
It actually isnt. Both parties have to click accept and click the trade button, and unless theres a connection problem its pretty scamproof.

i am surprised this hasn't broken on gaf yet, but it looks like it is official that the steam version of Rayman Origins will not have tages or any other drm bullshit included. from the store page:

3rd-party DRM: No 3rd Party DRM

someone at ubi probably got an earful due to not clarifying it thanks to the internet uproar over all the drm rumors

edit: ooh just beaten to it

Fitz

Would have been nice if the SR3 DLC was on sale too, wouldn't mind picking up one or two of the small packs.

Sanic

I'll take advantage of the free weekend, but I would feel kinda iffy purchasing it when it was on sale for less recently on Amazon.

Luigi87

I definitely recommend people try the free weekend for Payday, but the price is kind of meh, since Amazon just had it for $5.

I've never played any of the Saints Row games, I'm thinking of picking that up because it's so cheap. Any thoughts on SR2? Should I grab it, or should I just save my pennies for Saints Row 3?

I've never played it too bro, I'm thinking on picking this up too, I think it worth it, and for SR3... I will wait until the game is cheaper!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've never played any of the Saints Row games, I'm thinking of picking that up because it's so cheap. Any thoughts on SR2? Should I grab it, or should I just save my pennies for Saints Row 3?

Having played neither: save the pennies for Saints Row 3.

Talyn

It's one of the worst optimized ports ever released for the PC. That said, it's a damn fun game and assuming you're running Windows 7 you should be able to get it running properly with a bit of tweaking. At this price, it's worth playing.

Joe Molotov

It's a good game, the PC version is poorly coded and you need a fairly end-end machine to be able to brute force it. FWIW, it runs at about 30-40fps on my i7-2600 + GTX570 system, and that's with the fanpatch that improves performance.

JordanKZ

Saints Row 3 is the far superior game, simply because of how outlandishly crazy it is at times.

Still, fuck THQ for not putting the DLC on sale. I'd love to pick up a tonne of those pointless addon DLC's. But never mind.

zkylon

zkylewd
SR2 runs like shit on even some high end PCs. Watch out for that. Aside from that, I thought the game was awesomely mad and I loved it anyways.

StuBurns

Banned
SR3 is hugely better. Besides the actual mission design and story, which are both much better, the raw gameplay is practically a generation ahead.

It's a good game, the PC version is poorly coded and you need a fairly end-end machine to be able to brute force it. FWIW, it runs at about 30-40fps on my i7-2600 + GTX570 system, and that's with the fanpatch that improves performance.

And with that I will pass on SR2, regardless of the price.

mrgone

Better than 3 activation limit TAGES. :l

Not by much, though, with all of the client updates and patches through GFWL through Steam, stealth install limits, log ins inside of log ins and DRM in your DRM because they heard you're a software pirate. Hey, maybe it's a good thing - it makes you really feel great about virtually punching dudes when you're finished with all that bullshit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, since Valve's E3 booth is private rather than open/public, and the only two projects we know they're working on have been in public beta for months now, surely they're going to announce something new at the expo, right? Right?

The_End

It's one of the worst optimized ports ever released for the PC. That said, it's a damn fun game and assuming you're running Windows 7 you should be able to get it running properly with a bit of tweaking. At this price, it's worth playing.

Saints Row 2 was kind of a shit port, Saints Row 3 is great. Storywise you don't really need to have played the previous games.

SR2 runs like shit on even some high end PCs. Watch out for that. Aside from that, I thought the game was awesomely mad and I loved it anyways.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll pass then. Maybe I'll pick up a used copy for 360 next time I'm at gamestop just to give it a try. If I like it, I'll pick up SR3 on Steam when it gets a bit cheaper.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So, since Valve's E3 booth is private rather than open/public, and the only two projects we know they're working on have been in public beta for months now, surely they're going to announce something new at the expo, right? Right?

Big Picture Mode: Episode 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom