• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not pleased Gabe.

NZQo8.jpg

epmode

Also, how is Two Worlds II?
Endearingly janky in the way that mid-budget Euro RPGs tend to be.

The game has a strange sense of humor and it can be a real looker from time to time; just ask dennisk4! I haven't played it enough to make a real decision.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Also, how is Two Worlds II?

If you like wandering around beating up monsters for loot without the need for a highly structrured story/quest system then it's definitely worth a look. It's a really nice looking game too.

camerooni

Neo Member
Hey when did Rage hit 30usd for you folks? Just looking at it now, and it's still 90usd on the aus store - seriously bethesda.. 3 times the price.. that's just taking the piss now!?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hey when did Rage hit 30usd for you folks? Just looking at it now, and it's still 90usd on the aus store - seriously bethesda.. 3 times the price.. that's just taking the piss now!?

It was dropped to $30 right before the Steam X-mas sale, if I remember correctly, so late December. It's been on sale for half that since then. Still haven't bought it though...

The_End

Wow, that's a pretty damn big mark up for you Aussies. I just entered $30 US into a online currency converter to see what that would be in Aussie dollars. If this converter is to be believed, it just under $28. I was expecting for there to be a big different in the exchange rate, but the two currencies are pretty close to equal.

camerooni

Neo Member
Wow, that's a pretty damn big mark up for you Aussies. I just entered $30 US into a online currency converter to see what that would be in Aussie dollars. If this converter is to be believed, it just under $28. I was expecting for there to be a big different in the exchange rate, but the two currencies are pretty close to equal.

And they have been for a long time ;) We just pay more for stuff.. always have. But with the exchange rates the way they are it makes it even more ridiculous.

I was just asking re rage. as the mobile steam app page shows rage for 9.99 in one of the screenshots - thought it seemed a bit off ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

And to think it's $30+ cheaper at retail. Why push people to buy from retailers, where their cut is far less? There's no rhyme or reason to the Aussie Tax.

So Rayman Origins worth pre order it?

I'd have pre-ordered it ten times over now on steam if I didn't just buy it on Vita.

But I'll probably end up pre-ordering it leading up to release just for shits and giggles regardless, it's one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played.

Two Worlds II Collection (Called 'Velvet Edition') is up on Steam and listed in the specials section, but not listed in new releases. Has a release date of the 2nd which could be why - it's the 2nd here (AUS), but not in Valve-land.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13656/

Ooh and it's 50% off, birthday present for myself - cheaper for the pack than the game on it's own =)
Check the price via the Steam Client:
zYvr1.jpg

Aussie Tax has been added.

I assume it's because of the addition internet mileage that it takes to get a game all the way here. There are like, oceans and shit that it's gotta travel across... and waterproof internets is the most expensive type.

I'd have pre-ordered it ten times over now on steam if I didn't just buy it on Vita.

But I'll probably end up pre-ordering it leading up to release just for shits and giggles regardless, it's one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played.

But what are your impressions about the game, I want to be sure before purchase it! :D

epmode

But what are your impressions about the game, I want to be sure before purchase it! :D
It's easily one of the best-looking games ever made. As a platformer, it's more subjective. I like it a lot though.

Try the demo. The first stage is indicative of the rest of the game.

It's easily one of the best-looking games ever made. As a platformer, it's more subjective. I like it a lot though.

Try the demo. The first stage is indicative of the rest of the game.

Ok, I'll try it, thanks! :D

I just want to know one thing, and it's about the lenght of the game

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Wrapped up Red Faction: Armageddon. Surprised how much I enjoyed that. Combat felt great though, nice and fast, with varied and over the top weaponry. Well worth the nine or so hours and whatever dollars I spent on it.

kafiend

Two Worlds has the most horrific registration system.

Name, address, DOB, email, GENDER! - all mandatory.

It might be amusing to have to call their support - "Hi, I'm Mrs Stayoutmylife Younosybastards from Liberty City" "Yes that's right - would you like me to spell it for you?"

BTW, if you can't skip the intro and your mouse doesn't work its probably because you have a 360 controller plugged in.

coopolon

Saints Row 2 is an amazing game, but it has to be tweaked to get it to run well on the PC.

If you are going to play it on a Windows 7 PC, you MUST read this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

There are two tweaks almost everyone on Windows 7 has to make. For some reason if your processor is either faster or slower than the Xbox 360's the game won't run at the correct speed, leading to screwed up gameplay and very poor stability. So you have to use either powertools (preferable) or Cheatengine (screws up the cut scenes) to slow the game down. How to do so is explained in that thread.

There's also a problem with prefetching that is easy to fix as well.

These are all independent of the Gentlemen of the Row mod, but you really should install the GotR as well. Tanks with heat seeking missiles is pretty awesome.

The game is also playable on much lower powered machines if you follow the recommendations of that thread. Here is IdolNinja's recommended PC reqs:

IdolNinja said:
These are some minimum requirements to get ~30fps with 1920x1200 and most everything maxed with some dips to maybe 25fps during really fast driving:
Core 2 Duo 3Ghz
ATI 4850 w/512 video memory
3GB RAM with Windows 7 (4GB RAM under Vista)
7200rpm hard drive with <4ms seek

Two Worlds has the most horrific registration system.

Name, address, DOB, email, GENDER! - all mandatory.

It might be amusing to have to call their support - "Hi, I'm Mrs Stayoutmylife Younosybastards from Liberty City" "Yes that's right - would you like me to spell it for you?"

BTW, if you can't skip the intro and your mouse doesn't work its probably because you have a 360 controller plugged in.

Pretty sure it's optional. I just re-installed it for the Pirates DLC and I just unchecked register now.

Nuuvem's Indie Master Pack - Roughly $11,61
Prices on Steam:
Mount & Blade: Fire & Sword: $14.99
Pirates of Black Cove: $19.99
Clash of Heroes: $14.99
Naval Warfare: $4.99

Do they give Steam keys for every game? Clash of Heroes is the only Steamworks one there, (by the way, they also give you its DLC).

Yesterday I finally got my first credit card and I want to buy something from Amazon to see if everything's ok. Any worthy deals right now?

EDIT: Uh... Ok, I found the Amazon DD Sales thread :lol. Nvm.

daxy

Nuuvem's Indie Master Pack - Roughly $11,61
Accepts Paypal.

Prices of the games on Steam:
Mount & Blade: Fire & Sword: $14.99
Pirates of Black Cove: $19.99
Clash of Heroes: $14.99
DLC: $2.99
Naval Warfare: $4.99
Total: $57,95

Excellent game. I got it for roughly the same price at launch on GMG. It's a really fun mashup of puzzle, strategy and RPG elements. Also quite aesthetically pleasing.

M*A*S*H

Do they give Steam keys for every game? Clash of Heroes is the only Steamworks one there, (by the way, they also give you its DLC).

Only the info page for clash of heroes mentions steam, so the others are likely not steamworks.

Can't believe clash has only been on sale once so far. I missed it then and the mere thought of buying it full price is unconscionable dammit.

szaromir

Banned
Are the community patches/mods applicable to the Steam version of Bloodlines? Otherwise I'l' buy it but download the game off torrents.

edit: I see they're applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom