• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
So here's a quick question. Running windows 8 beta and I want to see if some games work. The drive I'm on is partitioned for windows 8 and my normal windows 7 install. Any way to access my games on my windows 7 drive?
Just go to Program Files\Steam\ and run the steam.exe?

Aaron

Is there any way to translate that to english?
Chrome does it pretty easily. Note only Clash of Heroes (and DLC) are Steam. For the rest you download a little program, which then downloads and installs the game. The games were all in English for me. I actually couldn't get Pirates of Black Cove activated, but apparently the game is garbage anyway. The rest of the pack is cool stuff.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man a lot of the games there are now cheap, but sadly aren't in Steam =/

Two Worlds and Risen 2 for example.

Javaman

Chrome does it pretty easily. Note only Clash of Heroes (and DLC) are Steam. For the rest you download a little program, which then downloads and installs the game. The games were all in English for me. I actually couldn't get Pirates of Black Cove activated, but apparently the game is garbage anyway. The rest of the pack is cool stuff.
Thanks for the heads up. I was really hoping for clash and the two boat games, but its not worth it to me for just clash. I don't know why I want the pirate one. The demo pissed me off so much. Sure let's try and kill a boat that's twice as fast as you. That sounds like fun! You're supposed to intercept it but even after 10 minutes of trying to predict where its going I wasn't making any progress. I highly recommend trying the demo first if anyone is thinking about buying that game.

deduce

When I'm playing the original Assassin's Creed, the game locks up after about 10 minutes. I went with a suggestion online that I should load Steam in offline mode and disable WiFi and surprisingly it fixed the problem. The Steam store page doesn't say anything about DRM, but does the original Assassin's Creed have that terrible Ubisoft DRM?

Dambrosi

Banned
I bought this on D2D a while ago.

Guess I need to double-dip if I want to install it again. :rage:

I was worried about this, too (I'm in the same boat), but thankfully, Gamefly UK kept my games for me in my Account Details, saving me £3.75 I didn't have to spend.

I was thinking about double-dipping anyway, just to have it on Steam, but naaaaaaah

Log in to your account and see if they're still there. If not, email Gamefly Support.

benjipwns

Banned
When I'm playing the original Assassin's Creed, the game locks up after about 10 minutes. I went with a suggestion online that I should load Steam in offline mode and disable WiFi and surprisingly it fixed the problem. The Steam store page doesn't say anything about DRM, but does the original Assassin's Creed have that terrible Ubisoft DRM?
Nope, don't believe it does.

My Steam client just took a shit and blew away all of my categories. Awesome. Over 300 games. Fuck it, I'm not dealing with their shitty library organisation tools again on this scale. I'm just uninstalling everything I don't play and switching the view to installed.

My Steam client just took a shit and blew away all of my categories. Awesome. Over 300 games. Fuck it, I'm not dealing with their shitty library organisation tools again on this scale. I'm just uninstalling everything I don't play and switching the view to installed.

Try exiting and open steam again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Shoulda backed up the folder with that info.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
To buy Risen 2 or to wait for a sale?!!?!

I already have Vita launch, Amular, 2 PS3 CO OP games coming in the mail, Dungeon Defenders PC, PSP games on Vita, and canasta. What to do1?

Aselith

OH SHIT! That Pandora Saga is an ATLUS game. I hadn't realized. I hope this is a portent that they are going to be publishing more stuff on Steam not just F2P MMO's although I wouldn't mind seeing their Shin Megami Tensei MMO on there. I'd love them to start kicking out some ports to the platform.

I want it so bad. So bad.

Volcynika

OH SHIT! That Pandora Saga is an ATLUS game. I hadn't realized. I hope this is a portent that they are going to be publishing more stuff on Steam not just F2P MMO's although I wouldn't mind seeing their Shin Megami Tensei MMO on there. I'd love them to start kicking out some ports to the platform.

I want it so bad. So bad.

They did send out an email that they will be handling SMT: Imagine now. Must've gotten the license from Aeria who was doing it before, now that their Atlus Online initiative is rolling on. Though I doubt you'll see really much in the way of PC ports of existing games.

Aselith

They did send out an email that they will be handling SMT: Imagine now. Must've gotten the license from Aeria who was doing it before, now that their Atlus Online initiative is rolling on. Though I doubt you'll see really much in the way of PC ports of existing games.

Just got to buy so many f2p upgrade points that they can't ignore our money dollars! Take my money!

Relax.MX

To buy Risen 2 or to wait for a sale?!!?!

I already have Vita launch, Amular, 2 PS3 CO OP games coming in the mail, Dungeon Defenders PC, PSP games on Vita, and canasta. What to do1?

You know well the correct answer and also the one you want to hear

Do it..support PC games.. :)

camerooni

Neo Member

Yeah I'm expecting them to put IMAGINE up on Steam as soon as they get it back in the next few weeks :)

ngt

If anyone fancies Duke Nukem Forever for free (or some other games) then you can register on GreenMan Gaming using my ref link:

*removed*

You'll get $11.08 credit to spend on games and DNF is $4.99 only.

I'm getting nothing unless you spend $12. If you do, then I'll get $12 as well. But I'm not too bothered about it.

It works only on new accounts.

Ledsen

If anyone fancies Duke Nukem Forever for free (or some other games) then you can register on GreenMan Gaming using my ref link:

*removed*

You'll get $11.08 credit to spend on games and DNF is $4.99 only.

I'm getting nothing unless you spend $12. If you do, then I'll get $12 as well. But I'm not too bothered about it.

It works only on new accounts.

Don't do that ref stuff... if someone starts people will shit up the thread with similar stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom