• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Beating games in my backlog before ME3.

Arkham City sure is short.

You must not be going for most of the riddler stuff. Even then I'm pretty sure it's at least as long as AA if we're just talking story stuff.

Also try to do all the challenge rooms. You'll extend your play time by about 10 times
and your frustration level :p

Silphatos

Banned
I still haven't gotten my cities in motion key :(

You'll get it when the survey has ended.

If anyone fancies Duke Nukem Forever for free (or some other games) then you can register on GreenMan Gaming using my ref link:

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/?gmgr=towiwadu

You'll get $11.08 credit to spend on games and DNF is $4.99 only.

I'm getting nothing unless you spend $12. If you do, then I'll get $12 as well. But I'm not too bothered about it.

It works only on new accounts.

Some idiots are abusing this shit so heavily atm that the site got crashed. What were they thinking? Free 11 bucks for everyone, I'm really sorry for GMG.

MRORANGE

new trading thread for 2012 as coupons have expired :

m87Cn.png

uDKEU.png

Steam Trading allows you to trade games & ingame items inside Steam, it's fast, secure let's users trade in unwanted
items; note steam keys CANNOT be traded through Steam Trading. if you want more info go here:

QhkQI.png

This thread can get quite chaotic but by following these few simple rules you can help this thread move along soundly:

- DO NOT bump your post, only post the new items you have for trade
- Use the Google Spreadsheet to list your items, please keep it up to date if you can.
- To show if an item in your post has been traded/taken use: [s][/s], example: Have: Orange Box, Bad Rats
- DO NOT haggle/harrass members to buy or trade items
- You can now add your steam profile to your neogaf profile page
- Send a pm to someone if your going to add them for trade, this confirms your idententity
- report any scammers/hagglers from Neogaf to the mods
- Some TF2 items are worth quite a lot, do not be ripped off, check the tf2 item wiki or here to get a estimate on your inventory

Finally: use a bit of common sense, nobody is going to give you Skyrim for a bunch of indie keys/Bad Rats, most users
know what items go on sale and when - so trade fairly and have fun!

L2e2A.png

STEAM announcements & updates 2012
2011 Steam ID list
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Steamgifts.com Invite Thread |OT|

Fantastic game, I could never do the final payment challenge however ;-;

I think you have to be pretty lucky or extremely skilled to manage the final payment challenge on your first attempt. It becomes trivially easy on your second run through it though.

Recettear is a lovely game. Everyone should play it at some point.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meh, I always consider art direction an important factor and the moe artstyle is a huge turn-off for me.

Anyway, is it confirmed that the CiM key can be steam-activated?

I was thinking about going back and finishing this. Might be more fun once people start playing it again with the sale!

Was Fortune Summoners any good? I didn't lclick with the demo.

The controls take some time to get used to and the anime tropes are annoying but otherwise it's good. It's a pretty long game too, took me around 30 hours to beat.

Rufus

Meh, I always consider art direction an important factor and the moe artstyle is a huge turn-off for me.
The guy with the tacky furry avatar really shouldn't be criticizing art direction, but you do have a point. It's unfortunate that it's slathered in moe filth, but it doesn't hurt the game much from what I've played.

Card Boy

Banned
Nah I think Gez made us also stop giving a shit about the referrals when he single-handedly ruined it for everyone.

I hyped it up, i NEVER once posted a referal link on GAF like all these other members as its a permabannable offence. Yeah use me as a scapegoat if it makes you feel better. I mentioned the referal thing back in September, man you are so petty.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hyped it up, i NEVER once posted a referal link on GAF like all these other members as its a permabannable offence. Yeah use me as a scapegoat if it makes you feel better. I mentioned the referal thing back in September, man you are so petty.

You ruined it by abusing the shit out of it and then bragging about how you were getting all these games for almost free and then magically GMG changed the policy. Or was that not you?

Card Boy

Banned
You ruined it by abusing the shit out of it and then bragging about how you were getting all these games for almost free and then magically GMG changed the policy. Or was that not you?

The question is why do you even care? I admit i was happy with what i was getting out of GMG, but i question your character for even bringing this up after 5-6 months. If you have an issue i think its best you take it to a PM instead of stiring up the thread. This is my last post on this topic.

ngt

Sorry guys, didn't mean to do anything against the rules or to start an argument. I just wanted to share a way to get some games for free/cheaper. It was the only way you could get that extra credit and I didn't get a penny from that.

Five friends have played Two Worlds II, one of them put 90 hours in, the rest an average of 10. I seem to recall DennisK4 championing this alongside Risen and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, at 20$ I'll give it a shot. I enjoyed Ego Draconis/Flames of Vengeance and absolutely loved the hell out of Risen, time to give Two Worlds a spin. I think after this the only Europg there's left to try is Drakensang.

I got spammed by gez on steam and I was still waiting for my account to be approved..haha

dude was on a mission.

Five friends have played Two Worlds II, one of them put 90 hours in, the rest an average of 10. I seem to recall DennisK4 championing this alongside Risen and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, at 20$ I'll give it a shot. I enjoyed Ego Draconis/Flames of Vengeance and absolutely loved the hell out of Risen, time to give Two Worlds a spin. I think after this the only Europg there's left to try is Drakensang.

I thought it was a pile of shit for what's it worth and not near as good as the other games you mentioned.

Well, it looks like I just wasted 20$. Two Worlds II has a surprisingly invasive mandatory registration form that requests all manner of personal information on top of the standard online serial code activation and the kicker is, it doesn't even fucking work.

Edit: Third time was the charm, I tried to manually connect and was able to register both the base game and expansion (or whatever). Talk about doing it wrong, I don't see why they require anything other than a serial key for their online activation process. WHy would anyone provide them with genuine information outside of a junk email address in case of a need for contacting and interacting with customer support. This was enough of a pain in the ass that I don't think I'll bother buying any other games from Reality Pump and/or Zuxxez in the future unless the game is Steamworks.

Derrick01

Banned
So I played some Fate of the World just now. Is there any point to this game other than to crush your soul and leave you with no hope for the future?

I had something like 30 years to get Africa above some kind of stat line (5 years in a turn). In that time north africa erupted into full armed revolution, there was drought pretty much every turn, protests against me that eventually turned into riots. Southern Africa was storm ravaged, polluted, had water issues too and low employment.

Every card I picked did about as much good as actually putting the real life me in charge of Africa would.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I played some Fate of the World just now. Is there any point to this game other than to crush your soul and leave you with no hope for the future?

I had something like 30 years to get Africa above some kind of stat line (5 years in a turn). In that time north africa erupted into full armed revolution, there was drought pretty much every turn, protests against me that eventually turned into riots. Southern Africa was storm ravaged, polluted, had water issues too and low employment.

Every card I picked did about as much good as actually putting the real life me in charge of Africa would.
Yeah, I gave up after a while because everything I did would end up in utter failure. I managed to beat the Africa mission but after that you got to manage like 10 different regions and the game just turned into being relentlessly overwhelmed with defeat.

Kabouter

I thought the Africa mission pretty doable, but yeah, the rest of the game is pretty much like that. It's impossibly hard. I've put like five hours into it and still haven't beaten anything other than the Africa one.

So a few days on from my 'Steam App on Android seems sluggish' post... seems ok now! Think it was slow on the initial log in and first browse. Doesn't seem to eat up as much battery as I thought either. Data usage seems pretty low.

Derrick01

Banned
I thought the Africa mission pretty doable, but yeah, the rest of the game is pretty much like that. It's impossibly hard. I've put like five hours into it and still haven't beaten anything other than the Africa one.

It probably is but that was my first time really playing the game so I had no idea what I was doing. It was sort of amusing in a way to see how quickly I could unintentionally ruin Africa though.

MRORANGE

It probably is but that was my first time really playing the game so I had no idea what I was doing. It was sort of amusing in a way to see how quickly I could unintentionally ruin Africa though.

I thought the game was pretty good and realistic in it's nature, majority of the decisions made in politics never turn out great and this game reflects it well.

On my first try I think I had to resort to genocide and male contamination while paying militia govern the country.... but hey! South Africa is now non-dependent on fossil fuels!

This game has showed me I would make a awesome president.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone got their CiM key yet?

The guy with the tacky furry avatar really shouldn't be criticizing art direction, but you do have a point. It's unfortunate that it's slathered in moe filth, but it doesn't hurt the game much from what I've played.

Actually I only prefer certain kinds of furry art, particularly kemono. :p

And yeah, the game crossed the "animu threshold" for me, among the other games of the developer.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Look, while we're here and we have this out in the open: I think what perturbs me the most is the Wolf's nipples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom