• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3tch

Razer Hydra adds support for Dota 2, CS:GO, L4D2, HL2, TF2 and 250 popular Steam games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...sive-support-razer-hydra-pc-motion-controller

Kind of OT -

I highly caution anyone from picking this up (Razer Hydra). Not fun. Huge learning curve. Kind of wonky. I am sure there are those that love it...but at $150 I do not recommend investing in it. If it somehow goes down to the $75 range then by all means, give it a try.

FWIW - The Razer Store has an excellent return policy and they took mine back. So if you are curious, don't hesitate to check it out that way.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I finished up Jurassic Park, 100% on the achievements of course.

70be9d82e2277f8fc95942fbc7a496aa253f44a5.png

Anyways, I think these two shots I grabbed from a replay of the first episode properly convey my feelings about the game:

b727a64d41ba231cc62423bb47cf3f864806f094.png

82dfa4d4ec4c974e11ab5384c3042a4e3b9b9a38.png

Tifou

Banned
From GMG blog: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/

This time, we’re giving our customers in North America $10 off of any of the following top selling games!

Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Kingdoms of Amalur
The Darkness II
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Just use the voucher code GREEN-DISCO-UNT10 to bag yourself this amazing price reduction.

What do people not like about Gish? I've played through it in the past and thought it was decent. I had no problems during my time with it.

edgefusion

Just a warning to any Mac users thinking of buying Two Worlds II; don't. I decided to give it a try seeing as it was on sale but it turns out the Mac version has a rather long-standing bug where it doesn't work. At all. Not sure how they've got away with selling a defective product for so long but it's rather annoying. I'm now having to go through p the Steam support site to try and get a refund. Why is Steam support a separate registration? What is up with that?

JordanKZ

Oh look! Another THQ game isn't available in my region. I wish this THQ x GAME deal would fucking go take a long run off a short cliff, because I'd love to buy Darksiders II and I don't want a disc. ¬__¬

Volcynika

Link for Darksiders 2 pre-order: http://store.steampowered.com/app/50650/

And pre-purchase offer:

Pre-purchase The Darksiders II now and receive the Darksiders II “Arguls Tomb” expansion, the first DLC pack, when it becomes available after launch. The Argul’s Tomb content pack will offer extra gameplay content, including a whole new dungeon to explore, further extending the Darksiders II experience.

DTKT

Just a warning to any Mac users thinking of buying Two Worlds II; don't. I decided to give it a try seeing as it was on sale but it turns out the Mac version has a rather long-standing bug where it doesn't work. At all. Not sure how they've got away with selling a defective product for so long but it's rather annoying. I'm now having to go through p the Steam support site to try and get a refund. Why is Steam support a separate registration? What is up with that?

Security I would guess.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Safety reason i suspect

PaulLFC

Oh look! Another THQ game isn't available in my region. I wish this THQ x GAME deal would fucking go take a long run off a short cliff, because I'd love to buy Darksiders II and I don't want a disc. ¬__¬
If GAME don't recover from the trouble they're in at the moment (and it's looking less and less likely by the day that they will), I think that deal will end sooner rather than later.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I finished up Jurassic Park, 100% on the achievements of course.

Anyways, I think these two shots I grabbed from a replay of the first episode properly convey my feelings about the game:

I made it to the third episode, but with Mass Effect 3 out tonight, who knows when I'll get back to it. The first episode was kinda fun in a campy way, but it went downhill from there. The N-Gen dudebros suck. Does it get any better in the final episode? I feel like I should see it through just so I can uninstall and move on.

MRORANGE

If GAME don't recover from the trouble they're in at the moment (and it's looking less and less likely by the day that they will), I think that deal will end sooner rather than later.

why are THQ still taking orders from GAME lol? they can't even get EA games and they can't stock SFxTk now

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I made it to the third episode, but with Mass Effect 3 out tonight, who knows when I'll get back to it. The first episode was kinda fun in a campy way, but it went downhill from there. The N-Gen dudebros suck. Does it get any better in the final episode? I feel like I should see it through just so I can uninstall and move on.

Some very satisfying things happen to the most irritating people. Other than that, it sucks.

If it's possible to gift pre-orders then I can help.

Card Boy

Banned
I sense another Saints Row 3 with 100 pieces of DLC. Is THQ doing this because they are broke? I wonder if there is going to be a season pass.

MNC

Finished Batman Arkham City (Main story) and it was a very good ride. The ending was a bit subpar IMO and the thing that truly (kept on shining)/shone was the diversity of the gameplay/combat. I dunno if I like Arkham Asylum or Arkham City better. I think Asylum had a better setting, but City came out overall better.
In the end, joker still came through as the main villain in both though.

Also, my steam overlay only seems to work 50% of the times I start a game. I couldn't get any screenshots in Batman :/ Any ideas?

My main problem with pre-ordering a THQ game, at this point, is them potentially going under before said game is released. It's not like I think Darksiders II wouldn't see the light of day, some other publisher would buy Vigil for sure but I would rather wait than deal with that.

Thanks for the heads up Tony, I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not sure, I also want the Collector's Edition, but I will be only available from the Shop THQ

Darksiders-II-Collectors-Edition.jpg

That does look pretty slick, I'm going to ask THQ about the possibility of us carrying that item as well. Thanks for the callout.

**EDIT** well color me embarrassed, there doesn't seem to be a CE for PC, which is likely why I was surprised when I saw your post :)\

Cheers,
Tony

That does look pretty slick, I'm going to ask THQ about the possibility of us carrying that item as well. Thanks for the callout.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony, just check this out!

The Darksiders II Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order on console in the US and Canada from Gamestop, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Walmart.com, EB Games, the THQ.com store and other select retailers. The PC version of the Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively from the THQ.com store. European release and THQ.com store details to follow.
Thanks

THQSledgehammer
Darksiders II Community Manager

Source: http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138695/28968699/Darksiders_II_Collectors_Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom