• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Looks like Staking and a Double Fine Bundle just got added to the registry again. I guess its coming very soon.

hNOdr.png

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I got a Dota 2 invite too. Friggin sucks that it's the same day I start Mass Effect 3. Looks like I'm waiting a few more days before I'll check it out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I also received Dota 2!

Oh, wait, no I didn't. :(

Oh shit son, just as I was typing this I AM FUCKING IN. YES. FINALLY THANK YOU GABEN. (Probably everyone is invited at this point so I am not special anymore :( )

The_End

I got DOTA2 as well. I don't even want it. I only signed up for the beta because I thought that I could flip it in a trade. I didn't get a gift-able copy though. It went strait into my game library.

It's kinda wasted on me. :/

Dambrosi

Banned
I am IN. Got my DOTA 2 invite just half an hour ago, nearly finished downloading.

Glory to thee, Based Gabe, for thou hath anointed me as one of the Church of Valve's Golden Children, at last a true member of the Master Race. Blessed be thy rod, in all its splendiferousnesity, and thy staff, for they are hard working indeed.

It's nearly 2:30am here in Blighty, even DOTA 2 can wait till the morning

Grim Heaper: you can't give them away, the game just appears in your Library, just like Rayman Origins!

Card Boy

Banned
Can anyone spare a DOTA2 invite? I owe Wilflare one. Better yet send it to Wilflare if you have one and he is one your friend list.

The_End

Can anyone spare a DOTA2 invite? I owe Wilflare one. Better yet send it to Wilflare if you have one and he is one your friend list.

If you're asking about giving invites that people have just received one, it can't be done. They changed the way invites are given out by Steam. They now get added directly to your game library.

I suppose though, that somebody might have an invite left over from before they changed the way they're given out.

Mother of God, prices are down in Latin America.

Portal 2 is $22.49 (other Valve games have changed their prices as well). Looks like some Rockstar games also got discounted.

New client beta: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2583890

- Display certificate status when viewing secure web content (thanks to Paul Mutton).
- Updated web engine to newer version of Chromium Embedded Framework.
- Fixed game properties dialog cutting off tabs for some games.
- Fixed hardware survey not prompting for new Steam installs.
- Limit tooltip height for workshop files.
- Addressed file upload errors related to uploading mods via Skyrim's Creation kit.
- Added filter for friends list.
- Added session playtime and total playtime to the overlay.

iavi

Does Steam switching to the chromium framework mean my google will bookmarks sync with the steam browser now?

E: oh, 'newer version.' I guess it's been using it for a while then. Oh well.

plc268

- ReAdded session playtime and total playtime to the overlay.

Fixed. Steam used to have playtime in the overlay, but the screenshots took its place.

Monday: Choplifter HD
Tuesday: Q.U.B.E.
Wednesday: No Time To Explain
Thursday: Hacker Evolution Duality
Friday: Crusader Kings Complete

Wasn't No Time To Explain one of those kickstarter projects? It looks familiar.

Helmholtz

I'm pretty sure there aren't any codes anymore. When I got dota 2 a few days ago it just got added to my library.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd like for Valve to add a play-time tracker for non-Steam games. Given Steam's integration with external games launched through the client (i.e. it knows when you're in a non-Steam game and saves a "last played on ..." record), surely it wouldn't be hard to implement.

YAY!

Pixeljunk Eden just added gamepad support / "Legacy Mode."

I was pretty bummed that it didn't have that at launch, I couldn't quite get the hang of the mouse controls.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Completely smitten with Dustforce. Even if my thumb feels as if it's about to fall off.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Yep 5 free games*

http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/gdc/

Monday: Choplifter HD
Tuesday: Q.U.B.E.
Wednesday: No Time To Explain
Thursday: Hacker Evolution Duality
Friday: Crusader Kings Complete

If you join ign prime

I'd only really be interested in Crusader Kings Complete and Choplifter hd.

Holy crap, IGN has chucked me a metric ton of games this year. Best $20 I've spent in a long while.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It gets really, really good.

Yeah, curious to see just how crazy this game gets. I was gonna play more tonight but my thumb is dying over here. Need new hands or something.

I'll have to try my arcade stick tomorrow, get my Floe on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom