• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
why do you torment me so, steam?

Just when I thought I had my categories done, I noticed something odd when I logged on today. All my games and categories have reverted back to very old categories and orders that I haven't used in a while. Resetting steam didn't help. Oh well, here's hoping it gets solved the usual way - by itself.

Never bought directly from the THQ store, but usually online store don't charge you until your order ships.

Thanks bro, I found that they won't bill your cc until the product is shipped! :D

I preordered the PC Darksiders II CE, and I was worried about the cc charge!

I got Dota 2 and Dota 2 Test. Is it the beta and the beta²?

The DOTA2-website says:

"Today’s update is now available in the new Dota 2 Test build. Everyone with access to Dota 2 should now see the Test build in their Steam Games Library. The changes in the Test build will remain there for a week, during which time we’ll be fixing any issues in them, before being promoted to the main Dota 2 build. For more info, read our previous blog about the Test build. Note that there will be a limited server capacity for the Test build, so you may find longer queue times there."

http://blog.dota2.com/

If i understand correctly its a bit like the TF2-Beta, where they test out new changes.

Guess u dont have any spare key, do you?~~

ctrayne

why do you torment me so, steam?

Just when I thought I had my categories done, I noticed something odd when I logged on today. All my games and categories have reverted back to very old categories and orders that I haven't used in a while. Resetting steam didn't help. Oh well, here's hoping it gets solved the usual way - by itself.

Behold the power of cloud computing!

(kidding, but they really need to fix that shit.)

MRORANGE

A big thank you to Xeno_Flux2113 for gifting me Dead Horde right out of the blue :)

completely forgot I added it to my wishlist :lol

Wok

The DOTA2-website says:

"Today’s update is now available in the new Dota 2 Test build. Everyone with access to Dota 2 should now see the Test build in their Steam Games Library. The changes in the Test build will remain there for a week, during which time we’ll be fixing any issues in them, before being promoted to the main Dota 2 build. For more info, read our previous blog about the Test build. Note that there will be a limited server capacity for the Test build, so you may find longer queue times there."

http://blog.dota2.com/

If i understand correctly its a bit like the TF2-Beta, where they test out new changes.

Guess u dont have any spare key, do you?~~

Thanks for the info.
The game got added to my library, and I have no invite. Sorry.

Dead Horde will be on the Indie Face Kick with other some cool games!

True, yet remember we don't know the price of the bundle yet.

Volcynika

A big thank you to Xeno_Flux2113 for gifting me Dead Horde right out of the blue :)

completely forgot I added it to my wishlist :lol

I see some people that don't use the wishlist. And it makes me sad.

I'll surprise people sometimes when a game is cheap if it's high enough on the wishlist. If it's too low, then I might not.

The_End

Anybody know if the Sims 3 stuff packs can be redeemed on Origin? I know from personal experience that the base game and Expansions can be redeemed, but I'm not sure about the stuff packs.

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother with stuff packs, but at that price and if they can be redeemed on Origin, I might pick up a few.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
EA: Let's release more Sims 3 DLC on Steam, and you know what! LETS GIVE EVERYTHING A 66% DISCOUNT!

Still no Mass Effect 3...

Even ignoring the Mass Effect 3/Origins thing, it annoys me that they manage to keep putting Sims 3 DLC up, yet if I want to get the Mass Effect 2 DLC I am forced to go through their stupid Bioware space bucks system.

If the bundle is ten bucks and you only want that game? Then yes, yes it is.

Well I'm interested in two or three games from the bundle, here's the list:

• Sol Survivor
  • Still Life 2
  • Booster Trooper
  • PAM – Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
  • Avencast: Rise of the Mage
  • Dead Horde
  • Runespell: Overture
  • Greed: Black Border

Already have PAM, so I'm interested in Booster Trooper, Avencast and Dead Horde

The_End

Well I'm interested in two or three games from the bundle, here's the list:

• Sol Survivor
  • Still Life 2
  • Booster Trooper
  • PAM – Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
  • Avencast: Rise of the Mage
  • Dead Horde
  • Runespell: Overture
  • Greed: Black Border

Already have PAM, so I'm interested in Booster Trooper, Avencast and Dead Horde

You should be interested in Sol Survivor. It's easily the best game in the bundle.

Screaming_Gremlin

Anybody know if the Sims 3 stuff packs can be redeemed on Origin? I know from personal experience that the base game and Expansions can be redeemed, but I'm not sure about the stuff packs.

I have an irrational hatred toward Origin and refuse to use it, but from my understanding, even if it just won't accept a key directly, people have had luck getting EA customer service to add it to their account anyway.

The_End

I have an irrational hatred toward Origin and refuse to use it, but from my understanding, even if it just won't accept a key directly, people have had luck getting EA customer service to add it to their account anyway.

Actually, you've gotta go through the Sims account to redeem keys anyway. I guess what I should have asked is if the stuff packs give you game keys like the base game and expansions do?

Screaming_Gremlin

Actually, you've gotta go through the Sims account to redeem keys anyway. I guess what I should have asked is if the stuff packs give you game keys like the base game and expansions do?

Ah yeah. In that case I want to say yes they do. I actually do enjoy the Sims and picked up most of the expansions/stuff packs during the last sale. If no one else responds I will confirm when I get home and can check Steam.

The_End

Ah yeah. In that case I want to say yes they do. I actually do enjoy the Sims and picked up most of the expansions/stuff packs during the last sale. If no one else responds I will confirm when I get home and can check Steam.

Alright, thanks man. Sale last a few days, so I've got time.

The_End

Feel like this Sim's deal is a good one, but just don't care for The Sims anymore.

I still enjoy the Sims, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's a good deal. It's actually a pretty shitty deal. It's just that it's 66% less shitty than usual.

hym

Banned
I'm so happy Stacking is on PC/Steam finally. Come on, Iron Brigade!

Looks like there's also a Double Fine sale going on, Psychonauts and Costume Quest is -50%. And you can get all 3 as a pack, not sure if you get gift-able copies when already owning the games though.

The -33% for stacking for a week feels generous, those new game price cuts are usually 10%-20%.

After Costume Quest (And to a lesser extent, Psychonauts since I just played it within the past few months), Double Fine can do no wrong. NO WRONG! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I agree. I played through their Sesame Street game and was surprised at how enjoyable it was even as an adult. They are one of only two companies (the other being Treasure) that I can say I like every single game they've put out.

Looks like there's also a Double Fine sale going on, Psychonauts and Costume Quest is -50%. And you can get all 3 as a pack, not sure if you get gift-able copies when already owning the games though.

The -33% for stacking for a week feels generous, those new game price cuts are usually 10%-20%.

I already own CQ and Psychonauts, I just want Stacking :(

ShaneB

Gabe must know I was excited for Mass Effect 3 ebcause I just got my Dota 2 invite today. I've never played any sort of Dota game, so will be interesting. lol

But ME3 first!

DirtRiver

Now I just need to wait for Double Fine to launch Iron Brigade, bundle it all up and put it on sale for me to buy all their games in one nice sitting.

Hope they make tons of money out of it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom